Cameron Yoe 35 Tatum 14 (Final)

IceCreamBoys

Cameron Yoe (12-0) vs. Tatum (12-0)  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win This Epic Battle

• Cameron Yoe
    • Tatum

Kelly is fast, but those teams he was playing against was not disciplined. Some of those kids weren't staying at home and letting him to the outside. Tatum has the speed to contain him. Plus Tatum won't miss that many tackles.

Rhodes looks like he is throwing against corners that aren't very athletic or fast. He is accurate and scrambles pretty well, but Tatum corners don't just wait for the WR to catch the ball and then tackle them. Tatum DBs will go after the ball when it's in the air. I promise you, Rhodes won't have that kind of time to throw the ball.

All in all, Kelly and Rhodes will have some good plays, but you have to string a few good plays together in order to beat Tatum. Tatum is very fast on defense and swarms the ball.

They have Kelly listed at 5'5" 155 not a big back, but does seem to have good balance! I also noticed QB will challenge DB's, and throws the ball before the receivers break!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The yoe coaches were sittning right behind us at the crockett game. We heard the phrase "WOW," a lot. They looked pretty worried as well. Spoke to one of em and congratulated them. He seemed real nice, good folk over there in yoeville. I really feel the yoemen are gonna give us more competition than those lil kitties from dfield...just sayin :c)

Might not get to worry about them Tigers!!! LOL Might be cheering us from the stands! Just say'in!

In your opinion, is he Yoe's fastest receiver? Do you know his 40 time?

Fastest, Idk about that he and Quinn Haynes both have some pretty good speed and no I do not know any 40 times for anyone

Haynes won play of the year for a shoestring catch on KVUE channel 25 last week and hes pretty dang good as well. Also Zach Brashear is having a great year as well. He didn't even play last year because he was going to focus on basketball (All-District) but the rest of his senior friends talked him into coming back out and playing again.

This Yoe defense is dang good. For the amount of time they spend on the field and the yards they allow, I would say it is one of the best in the state. If you look at box scores by quarter, the 4th is bad for us, but only because most of the time back ups are in. We've forced 29 turnovers and only lost 10 from starters that will actually play. IMO they don't get enough credit just like our RB Kelley. He wasn't even the starter last year for us, but has been on varsity since his freshman year and the experience has really helped him.

Coming into the year the biggest question marks were at QB and RB (lost both last year) and to be honest, these 2 guys have stepped up and had a stellar year.

Westbrook is without a doubt our best overall WR. He may not have the most speed but he has the best hands and biggest play-making ability. You will have to cover all WR's though because we will throw to everyone if given space. As far as the running game, when used it has been effective. We have been able to throw the ball all year effectively, but the run has been there when needed. Defensively, I have been real happy with the way we have been playing lately. Teams, for the most part, have not been able to run all over the field on us. It will be interesting to see how the match ups work out on Saturday night....cant wait.

Do you think that Tatum will blitz the LB's a lot?

Westbrook is without a doubt our best overall WR. He may not have the most speed but he has the best hands and biggest play-making ability. You will have to cover all WR's though because we will throw to everyone if given space. As far as the running game, when used it has been effective. We have been able to throw the ball all year effectively, but the run has been there when needed. Defensively, I have been real happy with the way we have been playing lately. Teams, for the most part, have not been able to run all over the field on us. It will be interesting to see how the match ups work out on Saturday night....cant wait.

They better, if they want to win this game!!! They can not let QB have time, or he will pick them apart!(IMO)!

When HC Rick Rhoades took over in Cameron last season, the first thing on his agenda was to change up the defensive scheme. Personally, I did not think it would work and last year there was a large learning curve, but this year defense has been excellent. We have a lot of ball hawks in the secondary and anybody in the box will light you up in the open field. Lots of sure tackles with most of the D swarming to the ball.

I know I know this is from the Newton game, but I listened to the Newton feed cuz I couldnt get KMIL to work, and every pass attempt for Newton their announcers first words would always be, "Looks like this pass may be intercepted...". Poor announcers maybe, but they were right on plenty occasions. This Yoe team will surprise a lot of you east texas folks this week.

Oughta be a doozy

They better, if they want to win this game!!! They can not let QB have time, or he will pick them apart!(IMO)!

He didn't take any time to release the ball.

Went to the first read 95% of the time.

It may be due to the Oline not staying with their blocks....and of course the receivers were open.

The blocking, or lack of, against a mediocre D, stands out to me in both of those videos.

If they play like that Saturday...big mistake!

He didn't take any time to release the ball.

Went to the first read 95% of the time.

It may be due to the Oline not staying with their blocks....and of course the receivers were open.

The blocking, or lack of, against a mediocre D, stands out to me in both of those videos.

If they play like that Saturday...big mistake!

Both videos are the 09 season when most of the kids in those videos were back ups.

Cameron Yoe guys correct me if I'm wrong....plz

Everytime I read a post about Yoe's team, I swear we could change the name to Tatum. Yoe and Tatum sound alike in many ways. I believe that your QB has a great arm with good legs and big "O" has a good arm, with great legs and strength. We have overall a better running attack with the two headed monster of Allen and Woodard, with big "O" mixed in. Our recievers will match you. They run good routes and can fly after catching the ball. Our LB are if not the best in 2A, then very close. DB's will literally knock your head off or step in front and take it for 6. Kick offs will be in endzone unless there is wind. This game, if it stays close may come down to field position and turnovers. Can not wait til Saturday.