277 members have voted

1. 1. Chill or Henderson?

• Chill
    • Henderson

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dogeater 89....u need to get your facts straight b4 u run your mouth. Lets see where do i begin? first , rickey Dudley was a senior on hendersons 89 team and was very relevant!!! I still have newspaper cliping that shows him 1st team all state class 4a 1989. Sounds relevant to me. Also , adran walker was a sr on chapel hill 87 team (graduated 88) and dogs beat henderson that yr in henderson 21-20 (final score may not be correct). But dogs did win so you didnt get the best of ol AW! The year chapel hill won state henderson beat chapel hill 22-6 at chapel hill then the next week dogs lost to pine tree (that was not a typo). Yes , pine tree also beat chapel hill the year they won state. Dogs were 6-4 that year in regular season. 4 losses were to gladewater , terrel , henderson and pt. After pt loss dogs made several big changes at alot of positions on def and biggest change was making kendrick price the new qb instaed of ronnie collins. Henderson lost to mt. pleasant in the regional rd that same yr of '89. I have never heard of CHARLIE MALONE , maybe u meant DANNY MALONE? HE was the head coach for ch in 86 , 87 , and 88. He was forced to quietly resign for supposedly embezeling money from athletic funds and dickie took over in 89. The team ch had in playoffs especially the defense was extremely better than the one they had in the first 9 games of regular season. They would have beatin yall in the rematch but yall lost big to mt pleasant and dogs beat them the next week 13-0. I have forgotten more about the history between these 2 teams than you will ever learn. I know this was 21 yrs ago and we are in the now but , know what u are sayin is true b4 u say it . We didnt have football in the 7th grade in 89 which is what grade i was in at the time and i was a ballboy for that team then played every yr after that until i grad in 95 and played for coach meeks. He is an outstanding coach and mentor for young men and had a large impact on my life , decision making and effort. It is no surprise that these teams are here at this point. Both programs have great history in general and athletes. This will be a good game because its EAST TEXAS programs!!! GO CHAPEL HILL and good luck to the lions , yall deserve it as well and the boys on both teams will sort out the rest friday night. And congrats to athens , gilmer , jt , longview , wr , whouse , carthage , tatum , dfield , bsandy , brook hill and all other ET programs . WE ARE THE BEST IN TEXAS!!!!!!!! sORRY IF THIS BORES ALOT OF FOLKS , JUST NEED TO GET IT CORRECT.

My bad... it was Danny Malone. Charlie was another brother that I believe officiated. See, I graduated in 89 Rickey did not.....Rickey was 2 yrs younger.... I played with him for about half a year when they moved him up. I don't believe he graduated until 90 or 91, under Dennis Alexander. Then his brother picked up where he left off. I'm just glad to see that you played. My info was just for credibilty. I hate to see people talk about whats going to happen and how it's going to happen when they've never taken a snap. Just like the Cowboys and Colts game...anything can happen at anytime.

If Henderson loses, I'll be the first to come on here and take my lumps...not a problem. I'm just not going to let Chill fans have all of the fun talkin trash. Good luck. I agree, sorry if this is boring.

GO LIONS !!!! HISTORY IN THE MAKING

You know what I enjoy, and I have no dog / lion in this fight. But all of Chapel Hill "so called" die hard fans, all joined smoaky during the season this year. BuzzFrog - Sept 20 or so, 2010, Kinda funny how that is a week after the Carthage game. I don't know just saying - looks like to me Chapel Hill has a few bandwagon jumpers that like to run their mouth.

Had my membership quite awhile thank you.....

Chapel Hill / Henderson have fans dedicated to their teams. Sounds to me like Henderson views their fellas just like we at Chapel Hill view ours. Coach Meeks was loved at CH at one point in time, and I'm sure he will receive alot of well wishes prior to the game but come game time... There are NO friends, NO family and NO MERCY. Coach Sitton and his other coaches have done a fantastic job all season... They earned their ice water bath last Friday and I'm pretty certain they will earn another on 10/10/10....the day CH EARNS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!

Good luck to Henderson.

Here is praying all athletes on the field come off of it healthy.

CH must've had a booster meeting and showed all there people how to get on Smoaky.com so they could out number the Henderson people here...

Proud member since 2005!

Yeah maybe there r alot of new fans on smoaky BUT it still doesn't change the fact that when Chapel Hill has home games we fill up BULLDOG STADIUM to the max. R fans out numbered Centers, Madisonvilles and Navasotas. I'll admit West Columbia put more fans in the stands last Friday BUT our side sure was WAY making more noise. Regardless how long you have had your account proves nothing. Like I said I've been watching these juniors since peewee league. NUFF SAID!!!

It's so funny how you people think Henderson is just happy being here. They're not just gonna roll over and give it to you, just ask Pittsburg and Alvarado. Nothing matters except what happens FRIDAY night at 7:30, not LAST friday.

PLEASE DON'T LAY DOWN AND GIVE IT TO US! We are looking forward to spanking y'all just like all the ones before you! Trust me, this Friday will be no different! :phone: :shocked:

First off, I gotta go with Chapel Hill in this one. There are several things that I am going to have to get clarification on. MamaDawg, are you talking about Al Bundy? He talked about his high school football greatness and sold shoes. Ted Bundy was a serial killer and I have no idea who Ed Bundy is. For a lot of people on SDC, it is losing the game not loosing. And whoever said that CH wasn't going to be able to prepare for the wildcat, don't they have video of last weeks Henderson game? These are just a few things I am confused about. Maybe it's just me.

Oh and this is just my input i think CH looses 4-5 on defense and 3 on offense please everyone don't forget that CH will be back next year these boys are on a mission henderson is just one more game fellows! ONE GAME AT A TIME!!

Just recruit 4-5 starters like happened this year and you guys are back in business. No problem right.

Just recruit 4-5 starters like happened this year and you guys are back in business. No problem right.

Your a joke, go back to when these kids played 7th and 8th grade, they rolled everyone!! Even 4a Marshall 88-0, these kids had a game against Spring hill and we only had 1 offensive possession and won 78-0 figure that one out yourself!! They killed everyone two years in a row! These kids have been playing together for years, there eighth grade year a team refused to play them cause they got embarrassed so bad the year before, we needed a game so we had a 9th grade A team come down and these 8th graders spanked then 68-7! So keep running your mouth, these kids have ate, slept, and studied football for a long time!! You will see, I promise!!