Henderson 28 Chapel Hill 21 (Final)

Buzzfrog

Chill or Henderson?  

277 members have voted

1. 1. Chill or Henderson?

• Chill
    • Henderson

Congrats to both teams. Whoever wins it carries on the tradition of East Texas 3A football. This makes the eighth year in a row that an East Texas team has been to the finals. And the seventh out of eight times that East Texas will crown a 3A state champion. And Carthage might make it another double.

2003 Atlanta Div II champ

2004 Gilmer Div II champ

2005 Tatum Div II champ

2006 Liberty Eyleau Div I champ

2007 Gilmer runner up

2008 Carthage Div II champ

2009 Gilmer Div I champ

2009 Carthage Div II champ

2010 Henderson or Chapel Hill Div II champ

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the record, Buzz wasn't the one blowing the air horn the whole game. I think it was great though. Whoever had it didn't blow it when the offense was working, and it was very loud on defense. I think every fan should get one, I plan on having one.

FYI walmart only had refills yesterday when I got mine. You'll have to go to academy if u don't have the horn

Post Preview

Oh my;-) someone sounds very bitter even after all these yrs that bc they won one game & chill got the win that counted. Buzz- u just keep up that fightin dawg spirit even if some posters don't appreciate it. I've been at all the games and know y u say what u do!!

Thank you so much for your kind words!! I love my Dogs!! You are a great fan!!

Good luck to Henderson, and wish all a safe travel as well!!

BULLDOG NATION!!

who died and gave chapel heel the crown? Does Henderson even allowed to get off the bus or do they get to play the game?

I tell you what, if y'all don't get off the bus these bulldogs will turn into pitbulls, so do your magic, fix your qb up to perfection, step out on the field and take the whooping you signed up for! Don't get upset when you see our guys dancing on the sidelines and bumping on the field, that's just how they roll!

Bla bla bla bla bla!!! Im so sick of hearing about the distict of doom!! I guess we will have to beat henderson and put gilmer on our schedule next year to settle this mess. People forget athens in our district, who I think would beat henderson and carthage! Im rooting for carthage because I love east texas football. Im pretty sure carthage is already on our schedule next year. Gilmer was a mediocre team at best this year, and we manhandled carthage just like we will henderson. You guys can talk about district of doom all day but after next week im pretty sure chapel hill will own the district of doom. Good luck to carthage!!! Congrats to Henderson!!!

Chapel hill 48

henderson 17.......... Im being generous on this....

Go Bulldogs

That's what I'm talking about baby!!!!!

Chapel Hill is a great team. Henderson is a great team. This is why we have a state championship played on grass and not on a computer.

We've never been here before, but these kids are way different than any Henderson team I have EVER seen! Down 13-0 at halftime to a really good (and dirty) Alvarado team. I thought it was a given that there'd be one ET team in Arlington. However, they pulled themselves together. The coaches made a great adjustment and went into a wildcat type scheme and stole the momentum.

CH boasts a lot of good athletes. They always have. Henderson has a lot of good athletes, they always have. The thing that is different about this Henderson team is they are a team. There aren't many if any players who play for themselves. They bought into the team concept and its carried them all the way.

As for playing in Jerry World, to me its a wonderful idea. Why play in Rose or somewhere like that? Its the state championship! The best place I played when I was at Henderson was SFA. These kids get to play on a grand stage, for some it will be as close as they get to the next level. Besides why would we want to play in Rose where all the CH people could walk to the stadium? All Louisiana championships play at the Superdome, all Illinois championships play at Soldier Field. Sure we are a big state, but heck driving that far to get a cheap ticket into a nice stadium where I won't be too cold or too hot, I will take it! I remember when most of the state championships were played at the Astrodome and this is no different. Just be glad we aren't in 6 man, or we'd be going to Abilene.

Good luck CH...

Let's go Lions!

It will be a barn burner, I guarantee it!

You have lost your ever loving mind if you think we COULD WALK TO THE ROSE STADIUM. I'm gonna attempt to give you credit for not knowing what your talking about! Chill IS ACTUALLY ANOTHER TOWN we have a Tyler address because the town is so small we don't have a post office. Come on now!!!!

Buzzard Frog....It's evident that you didn't read the initial agreement when registering to post on this site. I find your arrogance offensive, but at times comical. See, you're the type of person I busted in the mouth when I played in 89' for Henderson. Just one big loud mouth that runs on others coat-tails; a has been, or "also ran", maybe the older you get the better you were. Those things really don't matter, what does matter is that I have played against the "toilet bowl" for Tyler (Chapel Hill) and have never been beaten. I knocked, what CHill thought was the smoothest thing since curl juice, Adrian Walker out of his cleats. I've busted up Cory Ford and the rest of the clan over there. If I'm not mistaken, we were the only team that beat you punks on your quest for a state title in 89. All I see in CHill's defense is something that looks like Kurt Warner and dancing with the stars. Weak.

And for everyone else out there that have the facts wrong. Ricky Dudley was moved up as a sophmore in 89', not too much of a factor, Charlie Malone was coaching at CHill and his brother, Jerry was my Defensive coordinator. A team that went 5 and 5 on the year and still held the number one state ranked defense in 4A. The year before we were beat by Mt. Pleasant in Bi-District game in Longview.

Now, to address the comments about what you call a team are going to do to Henderson, roll, as in the paper I wipe with?? What you fail to remember is that you are playing an East Texas team again. We can score 50+ points as well as you. We have as much speed as you. If you have ever played a down of football you know as well as anyone else on this site, no team is guaranteed a win. So, pack your bags, your mouth, and load up your little puppies and we'll meet you in Dallas.

Hey look! Ed Bundy made it to the forum! Talk about living in the past!

Buzzard Frog....It's evident that you didn't read the initial agreement when registering to post on this site. I find your arrogance offensive, but at times comical. See, you're the type of person I busted in the mouth when I played in 89' for Henderson. Just one big loud mouth that runs on others coat-tails; a has been, or "also ran", maybe the older you get the better you were. Those things really don't matter, what does matter is that I have played against the "toilet bowl" for Tyler (Chapel Hill) and have never been beaten. I knocked, what CHill thought was the smoothest thing since curl juice, Adrian Walker out of his cleats. I've busted up Cory Ford and the rest of the clan over there. If I'm not mistaken, we were the only team that beat you punks on your quest for a state title in 89. All I see in CHill's defense is something that looks like Kurt Warner and dancing with the stars. Weak.

And for everyone else out there that have the facts wrong. Ricky Dudley was moved up as a sophmore in 89', not too much of a factor, Charlie Malone was coaching at CHill and his brother, Jerry was my Defensive coordinator. A team that went 5 and 5 on the year and still held the number one state ranked defense in 4A. The year before we were beat by Mt. Pleasant in Bi-District game in Longview.

Now, to address the comments about what you call a team are going to do to Henderson, roll, as in the paper I wipe with?? What you fail to remember is that you are playing an East Texas team again. We can score 50+ points as well as you. We have as much speed as you. If you have ever played a down of football you know as well as anyone else on this site, no team is guaranteed a win. So, pack your bags, your mouth, and load up your little puppies and we'll meet you in Dallas.

I want to line up beside this guy!!! :notworthy: Well said sir!

Hey look! Ed Bundy made it to the forum! Talk about living in the past!

I don't think he is living in the past at all. 1989 is a pretty relevant year in terms of this matchup! Coach Meeks at CH and won it all, Henderson was in the same district as them and WON DISTRICT!

And Chapel Hill is less than 5 minutes into Tyler, I consider it an extension of Tyler.

Congrats to both teams for making it all the way. Both teams have proven to be good to make it this far. What a great way to represent Etx in a Hwy 64 battle.

They way CHill played last night was no less than Jaw Dropping. Racking up 500+ plus yards that was as balanced as you get it. The defense was just "nasty". A Navasota fan last week described Chills defense in three words "Relentless Defensive Pressure". The WC lines were suppose to be the most physical lines we have seen. The oline and dline was dominant all night.

The CHill fans were awesome last night. Whoever made the comment about the horn can just go sit somewhere else. Our group had several. I left there with a headache and my ears were ringing. I would do it again right now. For the folks that fuss a little about people standing up and making too much noise, please go sit at the top row of Cowboys Stadium.

Anybody that knows Meeks, knows that he always has several tricks up his sleeve. We seen that in 89.

Chill will have to keep a close eye on these because they can change the momentum of a game quick.

I have rooted and showed support for Henderson. But, not this week.

Were gonna head out about noon on Friday. Do some tailgating, eatin, visiting, and most important support the Chapel Hill Bulldogs.

Battle of Hwy 64 IS ON. I have wanted this to happen for awhile now.

Bulldogs are gonna be comin hard.

With a user name like "TANMAN"? Really, is that spray on or do you actually lay out with the rest of the girls?

Well the wife said she wanted me lookin good for State Champion pictures with the Dogs Friday Night :coolio: .

I don't think he is living in the past at all. 1989 is a pretty relevant year in terms of this matchup! Coach Meeks at CH and won it all, Henderson was in the same district as them and WON DISTRICT!

And Chapel Hill is less than 5 minutes into Tyler, I consider it an extension of Tyler.

No matter how you, flip it, turn it, toss it, whatever, 1989 IS THE PAST. I happen to know a lot of people from '89, in fact our principal was on the 89 team but they don't write a whole essay on a spots forum of their accomplishments from 21 (yes, twenty one) years ago. If you are living on the past then maybe you haven't done anything with your present or have plans for your future. Maybe you just like selling women's shoes??????

Wow, just got back in from Houston and this thread is already out of control!!!! But i Love it!!! I will take my Dawgs by 28. They are playing light out and I know Henderson has a good team, Imo, I just think CH is better and will prove that on Friday night. If by some miracle Henderson wins, I will come back on here and eat my crow and congratulate them...But I know my dawgs are going to win!!!

No matter how you, flip it, turn it, toss it, whatever, 1989 IS THE PAST. I happen to know a lot of people from '89, in fact our principal was on the 89 team but they don't write a whole essay on a spots forum of their accomplishments from 21 (yes, twenty one) years ago. If you are living on the past then maybe you haven't done anything with your present or have plans for your future. Maybe you just like selling women's shoes??????

Selling women's shoes huh? I plead the 5th.

If its the past, then so is all the games CH and Henderson has played this year. So looks like we have the typical 4 quarters of football to play to determine a winner. Right mama?

Selling women's shoes huh? I plead the 5th.

If its the past, then so is all the games CH and Henderson has played this year. So looks like we have the typical 4 quarters of football to play to determine a winner. Right mama?

Yep, four quarters it is! All four quarters had better be played all out! You can't take the first quarter to feel us out, or think that you're gonna come out after the half and catch us! If you do, it's too late! These boys play 48 minutes of hard core football, every play is run like it's the last! However, when we put our third and fourth string in you will be allowed a few points on the board, but not many! No offense but do y'all play four quarters? Really?

Yep, four quarters it is! All four quarters had better be played all out! You can't take the first quarter to feel us out, or think that you're gonna come out after the half and catch us! If you do, it's too late! These boys play 48 minutes of hard core football, every play is run like it's the last! However, when we put our third and fourth string in you will be allowed a few points on the board, but not many! No offense but do y'all play four quarters? Really?

Sometimes we just toy with teams till halftime and only choose to play 2 quarters, why waste all that energy.

I can't wait to see henderson take on this college team from ch. Do all of them already have full rides?

You know what I enjoy, and I have no dog / lion in this fight. But all of Chapel Hill "so called" die hard fans, all joined smoaky during the season this year. BuzzFrog - Sept 20 or so, 2010, Kinda funny how that is a week after the Carthage game. I don't know just saying - looks like to me Chapel Hill has a few bandwagon jumpers that like to run their mouth.