UIL - WE HAVE A PROBLEM

player73

Did the UIL underestimate the amount of fans that would be attending this weeks state championship games in mansfield this next week.Jerry's world can handle the ones there but with all this talk about how many fans each team is bringing to mansfield - this could be a disaster !!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alot of people were saying that the Henderson vs. Chapel Hill game should have been played at Rose Stadium...there is no way The Rose could have handled that game! 20,560 people...and that was pretty much all Henderson and Chapel Hill fans..not an influx of people just wanting to see a game...I don't know which games are at Mansfield but I hope everyone who wants to gets to see it because if the H/CH game had been at the Rose there would have been a lot of unhappy people!

In my feeble opinion all championship games should have been played in the 3 domed stadiums in the state.

That would be kind of hard to do with someone at Mainsfield having connections with the UIL?

Tatum won both championships in Cowboy Stadium and played in the Astro Dome we were not lost in either one. Knew someone would come back and say that 2A or 3A should not play there.

This is a special experience and the Kids deserve the chance to play there.

Might rotate, Could even wait till quarters to set who plays where determined by location.

Alot of people were saying that the Henderson vs. Chapel Hill game should have been played at Rose Stadium...there is no way The Rose could have handled that game! 20,560 people...and that was pretty much all Henderson and Chapel Hill fans..not an influx of people just wanting to see a game...I don't know which games are at Mansfield but I hope everyone who wants to gets to see it because if the H/CH game had been at the Rose there would have been a lot of unhappy people!

had it been at Rose there probably wouldn't have been that many people. i'm sure it drew a ton of people from the metroplex

had it been at Rose there probably wouldn't have been that many people. i'm sure it drew a ton of people from the metroplex

The game would have probably drawn more people from the East Texas area than it did from the metroplex. Probably 90% of the crowd was in red and blue or gold and blue.

a lot of folks are going to the mart game and staying all day and night.for some of us its going to be a long day!its going to be a 12 hr ordeal but hey this is texas high school football at its best.

any idea if an "all day pass" is available to watch all 3 games?? I am thinking about going to watch all 3 games also. Dont really wanna have to go out the gate after each game and wait in line to repay to get back in. Hopefully UIL sales an all day pass for people wanting to do this.

That would be kind of hard to do with someone at Mainsfield having connections with the UIL?

Tatum won both championships in Cowboy Stadium and played in the Astro Dome we were not lost in either one. Knew someone would come back and say that 2A or 3A should not play there.

This is a special experience and the Kids deserve the chance to play there.

Might rotate, Could even wait till quarters to set who plays where determined by location.

i think all classifications should be able to play in a DOME for the experience of State Championship. I also think they could rotate it between domes every year.

any idea if an "all day pass" is available to watch all 3 games?? I am thinking about going to watch all 3 games also. Dont really wanna have to go out the gate after each game and wait in line to repay to get back in. Hopefully UIL sales an all day pass for people wanting to do this.

i am wondering the same thing and does anyone know who the home teams are in these 3 games? a friend of mine said last year they didnt clear out cowboy stadium while watching a triple header but these games are for state.

I know Lexington and Yoe are visitors. That's a drag because Lexington should wins theirs. (they handled Refugio easy enough). Losers tend to leave early. There folks won't leave early and alot will stay for the Cameron game as the two towns are so close.

Several Yoe fans have already been on the phone with the UIL about this. They will not change. They say they can add seats to fit 13,000. The problem now is parking for only 2,500 cars!

I know Lexington and Yoe are visitors. That's a drag because Lexington should wins theirs. (they handled Refugio easy enough). Losers tend to leave early. There folks won't leave early and alot will stay for the Cameron game as the two towns are so close.

Several Yoe fans have already been on the phone with the UIL about this. They will not change. They say they can add seats to fit 13,000. The problem now is parking for only 2,500 cars!

Play it at 9AM, Sat in the dome. Geeez, people want to see this. Luckly, I have a field pass. UIL needs to use all three state domes, Arlington, San Antonio, Houston for state finals in the future.

Play it at 9AM, Sat in the dome. Geeez, people want to see this. Luckly, I have a field pass. UIL needs to use all three state domes, Arlington, San Antonio, Houston for state finals in the future.

Actually, the teams involved pick the arenas, not UIL