UIL - WE HAVE A PROBLEM

player73

Actually, the teams involved pick the arenas, not UIL

I think the teams involved pick their venue up to the Semi-Final game. The State Championship was already determined several weeks ago, so there would be no way for the eventual winners, or losers, to have had any input. I could be wrong, but I know we already knew the 2A Div I game was going to be in Mansfield the day after we won in Quarter-Finals.

It's going to be a fiasco at the stadium this Saturday, I just hope everyone gets back and forth safely and gets a chance to see their young men compete at the highest level in Texas Football!!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the teams involved pick the arenas, not UIL

they were picked by UIL before the season even started. The districts agree on sites for all playoff games leading up to this one, but Championship site is pre-determined by UIL back at beginning of season. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this.

they were picked by UIL before the season even started. The districts agree on sites for all playoff games leading up to this one, but Championship site is pre-determined by UIL back at beginning of season. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Yep, I bet your are correct. That's what I thought too. :thumbsup:

Your right, state site was known since last year after state. But, I think I like the idea that in the future, they use all 3 state domes, then allow teams to decide going into regionals which they will use for their state game.

don't think that's correct. hard to know from whence the champs will come. check it out.

This is the first year the UIL has preselected fo 1a,2a,and 3a. They did it in October I believe. From what I understand, they even decided who was home and who was visitors. Yoe knew as soon as the game was over last night that we were visitors

okay then....a new wrinkle....sorry!

i am wondering the same thing and does anyone know who the home teams are in these 3 games? a friend of mine said last year they didnt clear out cowboy stadium while watching a triple header but these games are for state.

This says you get to see all three games by buying one ticket. On Friday it's the same price for seeing two games.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0C00454102D2C585?

Conf 4A DI - 12PM, Conf 5A Div II - 4PM, Conf 5A Div I - 8PM; Event ticket provides admission for all games played on date.

US $20.03

US $20.03 (US $15.00 Ticket + US $5.03 Fees/Additional Taxes)

Did the UIL underestimate the amount of fans that would be attending this weeks state championship games in mansfield this next week.Jerry's world can handle the ones there but with all this talk about how many fans each team is bringing to mansfield - this could be a disaster !!

UIL wanted to games to be at Cowboys stadium. Two on Saturday and 1 on Friday. But superintendants wanted to add the additional team and Jerryworld couldn't do it. The only college to turn in a bid was Baylor but their dressing rooms are under construction. So Mansfield it is, They will be operating a shuttle for when the lot is full. They are trying to add 1,000 portables to each end zone for 13,000 seats.

Presale seats from Yoe High are $4 for stduents and $7 for adults. That sounds low but that's what they said when I dropped off my bus money today