Steve Edmond please come to A&M!

texag12

Being a fan of both schools, I'll say GIG EM HORNS! and HOOK EM AGGIES! hehe

I look forward to aTm having a great run over the next few years. They have done some good recruiting. As for U.T. they have too many recruits. Hey, when the best guys for the positions are redshirted simply because they are freshmen and there isn't even time to see them try out for a position, something is wrong in the program.

I don't care how good a coach is, when you over-recruit, you are hurting your team.

Edmond should simply do what is best for him. I know we are talking football, but his choice in education may be the deciding factor,or has anyone even considered that more important aspect?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's funny how the *aggie fans refer to texas fans as t-shirt fans yet the aggies are the ones making shirts with "saw em off" and that one shirt from a few years ago with the score to the UT game... Seems like the *aggies are t-shirt obsessed with THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS...

"WE..." so when do/did you graduate from A&M?

PS - The Corp is really only cool to those that attend A&M. It's not what it used to be with less than half actually receiving a commission in the armed forces. Today it is really nothing more than a fraternity with uniforms. Not trying to knock the Corp. I know quite a few young men that have been in the Corp and are doing really well.

In May of 2009 with a BS in Computer Science. :)

And no, the Corps is NOT cool, but shouldn't be disrespected when a percentage of them DO go into the armed forces.

I think it's funny how the *aggie fans refer to texas fans as t-shirt fans yet the aggies are the ones making shirts with "saw em off" and that one shirt from a few years ago with the score to the UT game... Seems like the *aggies are t-shirt obsessed with THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS...

A quick search of google yielded:

http://www.hatersports.com/site/product_in...3l796b94s6k6gj1

http://www.hatersports.com/site/product_in...kfkol3edgne71s5

http://www.zazzle.com/university+of+texas+tshirts

Yeah, every one of those are in reference to OU, Tech, or A&M. You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house, although I guess you're really on the outside looking into the house, not inside the house. You didn't earn your way in. :)

And what's funny is that I don't have a problem with t-shirt fans in general. If you want to be a fan of a team, more power to you. I know plenty of Texas fans who didn't go there (mostly the older crowd) who are fun to talk to because they cheer for their team and don't feel the need to talk down on another. It's when they start being an obnoxious moron who talks DOWN on other institutions for being "aggy" (which are better than the community college they went to), keep referring to a team as "we", etc. that it gets to the point that some need to be brought back down to reality: You're in no way associated with that school/team, so insulting others for GOING to the other college (which is a darn good one anyway), makes you look even more uneducated.

And that's why it's easy to pick t-shirt fans apart from those who went to Texas. Those who went to Texas don't have the long string of jealousy that runs through t-shirt fans who WISH they could have gone to a school like A&M. They're happy with where they're at (and for good reason; UT is a great school), and don't feel the need to be obnoxious about a football program in order to make up for other shortcomings in their life of not going to college. It's always been that way: UT students/alums are fun to talk football with, knowledgeable, and respectful. T-shirt fans are obnoxious, arrogant (for whatever reason lmao), and only good for laughing at.

Yeah, every one of those are in reference to OU, Tech, or A&M. You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house, although I guess you're really on the outside looking into the house, not inside the house. You didn't earn your way in. :)

And what's funny is that I don't have a problem with t-shirt fans in general. If you want to be a fan of a team, more power to you. I know plenty of Texas fans who didn't go there (mostly the older crowd) who are fun to talk to because they cheer for their team and don't feel the need to talk down on another. It's when they start being an obnoxious moron who talks DOWN on other institutions for being "aggy" (which are better than the community college they went to), keep referring to a team as "we", etc. that it gets to the point that some need to be brought back down to reality: You're in no way associated with that school/team, so insulting others for GOING to the other college (which is a darn good one anyway), makes you look even more uneducated.

And that's why it's easy to pick t-shirt fans apart from those who went to Texas. Those who went to Texas don't have the long string of jealousy that runs through t-shirt fans who WISH they could have gone to a school like A&M. They're happy with where they're at (and for good reason; UT is a great school), and don't feel the need to be obnoxious about a football program in order to make up for other shortcomings in their life of not going to college. It's always been that way: UT students/alums are fun to talk football with, knowledgeable, and respectful. T-shirt fans are obnoxious, arrogant (for whatever reason lmao), and only good for laughing at.

Yes, I am sure those folks that make and sell those shirts to the various resellers only make them for Texas because, well, why would they want to make even more money off other T-Shirt fans from other schools? They have the market cornered by only making them for the Texas T-Shirt fans. :sorcerer:

I get what your saying, but I don't think those shirts are endorsed by UT or sold at the Co-op. At least they weren't when I was there. I did however venture into an on campus Aggie bookstore while I was at the State 7 on 7 competition and there were plenty of sawemoff and upside down horn logo shirts.... just saying.

Yaaaa... im a UT fan who is going to A&M next year because it is a good school... so im positive i wasnt insulting anyone who attends or is attending A&M.. Im insulting you and every other ag who is so obsessed with hating on UT and their fans.

I get what your saying, but I don't think those shirts are endorsed by UT or sold at the Co-op. At least they weren't when I was there. I did however venture into an on campus Aggie bookstore while I was at the State 7 on 7 competition and there were plenty of sawemoff and upside down horn logo shirts.... just saying.

The A&M bookstore on campus in the MSC? Never seen "Saw em off" shirts there since that's an Aggieland Outfitters trademark (who has about as much affiliation with A&M as the sites I linked to do with Texas). Never seen an upside down horn logo shirt. Not saying they don't exist, I just never saw one. The campus bookstore DID have the shirts that, when folded up, spell out "F TEXAS", but I'd be willing to bet there are at least a FEW shirts in UT's campus stores that talk about A&M... So yeah, outsiders make plenty of shirts about the other schools, and the schools themselves have a few. Not really an OBSESSION one way or the other in my humble opinion, but others may think otherwise.

Yaaaa... im a UT fan who is going to A&M next year because it is a good school... so im positive i wasnt insulting anyone who attends or is attending A&M.. Im insulting you and every other ag who is so obsessed with hating on UT and their fans.

I'm obsessed with hating on tu and their fans? Looking back on this thread alone, it was a Horn fan who started talking about A&M. An A&M fan said that a recruit might have more interest in A&M since the Texas defensive coordinator left, and it was a Texas fan who entered talking smack. Or at BEST, it was started by BOTH sides, when the thread was about wanting a recruit to change his commitment due to a coaching overhaul at the school he committed to, something that has, in the past, led to MANY recruits switching schools. It's hard to say that I'm "obsessed with hating on UT and their fans" when I only entered this thread AFTER the plethora of tu fans said things about A&M. Everything I said was IN RESPONSE to things that Texas fans said, so again, it's hard to say that I'm the "obsessed" one... It's a pretty simple concept, I would think.

Gee, I hate to know you're watering down the value of an A&M education if you seriously believe the nonsense you just spouted...

You obviously do not know the meaning of T Shirt fan.

I ask you, how many of those shirts have you see worn in public? Myself only two, but I am on on the fringes of Longhorn Country. You can tell that is unlicensed merchandise, but I suspect that a few the royalty police would have an interest. The two I have seen are:

1) " O Who"

2) Keep Austin Horny (not a bash shirt)

I have seen "O Who" at the Co-op and the obligatory "10 Reasons I didn't go to A&M". There is normally an annual OU week T-shirt. It is rarely worn except around the week of the game.

I will say this positively about the Aggies. When they play Texas and the cameras scan the crowd they are promoting Texas A&M with their "Gig'em" versus the other fan bases that promote Texas with the "horns down". Similiarly, in most cases (not all), Texas fans promote UT with the "Hook'em" sign. Thanks to our fans and detractors, it is the most recognized hand sign.

Lobo2004, I disagree with your assertion Texas as a rule promotes overt T-Shirt haters. A&M it is a cottage industry to sport "Not Texas" t-shirts. Sawem Off shirts are have to be one of the top 5 selling shirts at A&M and the school doesn't collect a dime except at the retail markup level.

I ask you, how many of those shirts have you see worn in public? Myself only two, but I am on on the fringes of Longhorn Country. You can tell that is unlicensed merchandise, but I suspect that a few the royalty police would have an interest. The two I have seen are:

1) " O Who"

2) Keep Austin Horny (not a bash shirt)

I have seen "O Who" at the Co-op and the obligatory "10 Reasons I didn't go to A&M". There is normally an annual OU week T-shirt. It is rarely worn except around the week of the game.

I will say this positively about the Aggies. When they play Texas and the cameras scan the crowd they are promoting Texas A&M with their "Gig'em" versus the other fan bases that promote Texas with the "horns down". Similiarly, in most cases (not all), Texas fans promote UT with the "Hook'em" sign. Thanks to our fans and detractors, it is the most recognized hand sign.

Lobo2004, I disagree with your assertion Texas as a rule promotes overt T-Shirt haters. A&M it is a cottage industry to sport "Not Texas" t-shirts. Sawem Off shirts are have to be one of the top 5 selling shirts at A&M and the school doesn't collect a dime except at the retail markup level.

How many of those shirts I've seen in public? What does that matter? If they weren't making money, they wouldn't be sold, so obviously people buy them. I don't keep a running tally on how many A&M shirts I've seen that talk about Texas, nor do I keep a running tally on how many Texas shirts I see that talk about A&M. It's irrelevant. Fact is, there was enough time for them to be made, which is the same claim that was made regarding A&M making shirts about Texas.

And like I said in my last post, the "Saw Em Off" shirts are a trademark of Aggieland Outfitters, an independent company. Nothing to do with A&M itself, just as that website I posted has no affiliation with Texas. It was the point I was making. Guess it flew right by you.

"WE..." so when do/did you graduate from A&M?

PS - The Corp is really only cool to those that attend A&M. It's not what it used to be with less than half actually receiving a commission in the armed forces. Today it is really nothing more than a fraternity with uniforms. Not trying to knock the Corp. I know quite a few young men that have been in the Corp and are doing really well.

since you have admitted you and your buddies have in the past got on here and ganged up on people, are all these new people you and your buddies?

HOOK'EM!

since you have admitted you and your buddies have in the past got on here and ganged up on people, are all these new people you and your buddies?

HOOK'EM!

Nope... that was years ago when there were not as many people on the boards, and we knew who we were messing with. It would have been my coaching staff talking smack with another coaching staff. In fact, we were warned several times to stop the c.h.i.t.-chat because it used up bandwidth. It was all in good fun.

And the lobos dont know much about punting based on the playoff game. :thumbsup:

And this, my friends, is the most blatant admittance of defeat, when he's been reduced to bringing up something totally irrelevant to what was being said, and was unable to counter any of the points that were shoved in his face. Thus, he makes himself look even more foolish. Bravo, sir!

The "Corp" at A&M is a FAKE army. To state otherwise is ignorant and stupid. They have no affiliation with the U.S. Military whatsoever. Most all real U.S. military members view the Aggy Corp for what it is....a joke.

You mean the Corps that put more officers into World War II than the service academies combined? The Corps which has about a third of it's members serve upon graduation?

Wow!

And this is the same "joke" full of students who are attending A&M and getting a degree. Where did YOU go to school? Oh, wait! LOL!

It's obvious what this thread is, and it's becoming useless to continue discussion with a bunch of bitter, obsessed t-shirt fans who are looking for some kind of validation by living through the success of a football program which, at the moment, is in shambles, making it even MORE hilarious. You wanna talk football, we can talk football. You wanna talk trash, feel free. At the end of the day you're nothing but an obsessed t-shirt fan.

The end.

No issues with the Corp. I appreciate those that go on to serve our nation. It is an unusual fraternity and I have no doubt it is a fraternity first. As you state only 1/3 go on to serve. I am not sure how that stacks up with the percent of students going through the UT ROTC program that become commissioned in the military. I suspect UT has a higher percent but A&M dwarfs them in numbers.

Every school has its T-shirt fans. There are allot of kids wanting to be into Texas that cannot because their class rank (must be better than the top 10% or they cannot get into the school of their choosing and opt to attend another school. I think you must be top 3% to get into the McCombs School of Business. Others choose to go to feeder schools like UT-Tyler with hopes of graduating from Austin. Somewhere along the way they like the feeder school but still love UT-Austin athletics.

I welcome anyone to buy a UT t-shirt, put a Longhorn on their vehicle, and support the Horns. That includes the psuedo-Horns like Typer.

I have no problem with the Corp as well, but like I stated above - it's more of a fraternity for most cadets today. And these words are coming from young men I know that graduated from A&M and the Corp.

As for t-shirt fans, Aggies seem to have a problem with it more than any other school I know. The reason there is so many people out there wearing UT garb is because it is so easily obtainable. A person can buy UT clothes just about anywhere today from Wal-Mart, dollar stores, gas stations, or sports stores, and the Longhorns have been the winningest football program in Texas in recent years (TCU has been up there as well but has a smaller market).

My point is the t-shirt fans are going to buy team apparel of the teams that are winning and easy to buy. When I was growing up, A&M apparel was EVERYWHERE. My mom had to go to a large sports store or Austin to buy UT stuff. With A&M back on the right track, the A&M apparel will start to climb in sales and show up in more stores. That's the way the market works.

Back to the t-shirt fans comment; I find it ironic that Aggies like to talk about Longhorns thinking they're better than everyone else. In reality, it is Aggies for the most part that cry t-shirt fans when a person wears a shirt or jersey of a school they did not attend or graduate. That seems elitist to me. I don't really care; just seems ironic.

Just for laughs:

smucheer.gif

Most students who join the corps now days do so because if you promise to join them then the university eases the admissions process thus you get in easier.

And to be honest there are some good connections after college for students in the Corp.