14-4A Basketball Scores and Standings

Mavchamp

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marshall beat Denison 84-43 in their bi-district game. Total domination by the Mavs.

They improve to (27-6) on the season.

The victory leaves this Marshall team just one win short of the all-time season victory record set by the 2001 Mavs, who were (28-7) when they advanced to the 5A Region II semis.

The Mavs will take on the Hutto Hippos Friday night at the Patriot Center on the UT-Tyler campus in their Area round game.

Congrats to the Mavs!!!! GO MAVS GO!!!

On a side note.....I finally got the Maverick webpage updated (not this game yet). So go check it out.

http://www.etsupersite.com/

Are you sure in 2001 we were 27 - 7 it's been ten years ago but i think we were 27 - 7 but anyways i'm happy for those kids i coached Vic Williams in Jr NBA

Are you sure in 2001 we were 27 - 7 it's been ten years ago but i think we were 27 - 7 but anyways i'm happy for those kids i coached Vic Williams in Jr NBA

???

I'm not 100% sure. But I think so. The paper actually said the mark was set last season. But I have 2001.

Either way....a win this Friday will match it. And another would break it....which would be sweet. It would put us back in the region tourney! Been a while since that has happened.

???

I'm not 100% sure. But I think so. The paper actually said the mark was set last season. But I have 2001.

Either way....a win this Friday will match it. And another would break it....which would be sweet. It would put us back in the region tourney! Been a while since that has happened.

I think they have to win on tuesday as well to be in the regional tourney for the first time since 2001 that would be good for the program because they need it bad

Marshall will play Hutto Friday night at the Patriot Center at UT-Tyler. I think it's 7:00. Maybe 7:30.

Jacksonville will play Waxahachie I believe. No idea where or when yet.

JT and Lancaster will play. TBD.

Hutto and Waxahachie were both 4th place teams from their districts, so they pulled off upsets in the first round.

Bastrop and Lancaster were both runner ups in their districts.

Against some pretty stiff competition, 14-4A can make a statement with wins this Friday and setup two intradistrict third round playoff games between Jax/JT and WH/Mar. Being the lone district in the 4A state basketball playoffs to still have all fours teams alive, Friday night will be interesting.

Marshall will play Hutto Friday night at the Patriot Center at UT-Tyler. I think it's 7:00. Maybe 7:30.

Jacksonville will play Waxahachie I believe. No idea where or when yet.

JT and Lancaster will play. TBD.

Hutto and Waxahachie were both 4th place teams from their districts, so they pulled off upsets in the first round.

Bastrop and Lancaster were both runner ups in their districts.

Mavchamp, I've not been a big follower of basketball but I'm starting to. Any idea why the brackets have district foes playing so early in the playoffs?

Heard today that Marshall vs Hutto is in Corsicana at 6 on Friday and that UT Tyler was the site if the played Ennis.

You are correct.

6PM Friday in Corsicana.

I got my info Tuesday night on the radio when I guess it wasn't cemented!

Wish I could make it, but I work until 7 Friday night. I'll be listening to the end of the game on the radio when I clock out.

Mavchamp, I've not been a big follower of basketball but I'm starting to. Any idea why the brackets have district foes playing so early in the playoffs?

HS basketball is one of those things that can be amazing fun to watch when it's good......and painful when it's not. Then again....I suppose that's true even of the NBA (have you seen the CAVS??? ugh!).

The basketball brackets are insane because of their sheer size.

32 districts, 4 teams in each advance = 128 team bracket. The four teams doesn't seem so pronounced in football because of the split divisions.

The first round pits the adjacent districts together. 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8....etc....etc....

So the district rivals aren't as separated from each other on the bracket. That lack of separation means they meet earlier, which is in this case, the third round....and could happen again. Meaning..... if say JT beat Jax in the third round and Marshall beat WH.... then Marshall and JT would meet at the regional tourney. Whereas in football.... there is only one round district rivals could meet. Since there are double the teams....there is double the chances they could play each other again. If that even makes sense.

Some gripe about the bracket being too big. I disagree. You can look at the brackets and tell how many times 4th place teams beat district champions. It's not as rare as ppl think.

Besides.....all it does it add one extra game. That's it. And in all honesty....it only adds one game to the two teams that end up in the state championship. Everyone else played the same number they would have either way.

JMHO.

HS basketball is one of those things that can be amazing fun to watch when it's good......and painful when it's not. Then again....I suppose that's true even of the NBA (have you seen the CAVS??? ugh!).

The basketball brackets are insane because of their sheer size.

32 districts, 4 teams in each advance = 128 team bracket. The four teams doesn't seem so pronounced in football because of the split divisions.

The first round pits the adjacent districts together. 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8....etc....etc....

So the district rivals aren't as separated from each other on the bracket. That lack of separation means they meet earlier, which is in this case, the third round....and could happen again. Meaning..... if say JT beat Jax in the third round and Marshall beat WH.... then Marshall and JT would meet at the regional tourney. Whereas in football.... there is only one round district rivals could meet. Since there are double the teams....there is double the chances they could play each other again. If that even makes sense.

Some gripe about the bracket being too big. I disagree. You can look at the brackets and tell how many times 4th place teams beat district champions. It's not as rare as ppl think.

Besides.....all it does it add one extra game. That's it. And in all honesty....it only adds one game to the two teams that end up in the state championship. Everyone else played the same number they would have either way.

JMHO.How long have you follow marshall sports are you from marshall?

I've been going to Mav football games since before I could walk. My parents carried me....LOL.

I started going to basketball and baseball/softball game when I was in HS.

So I've grown up around it my entire life

JT was down in the fourth, but made last come with some threes to help them get back in it the pull away.

The game with J-ville and JT is going to be a good one. If JT can hold them for the third straight game. That will big push for them.

Great job to everonr else in 14 4a