OK .......Coach Bowman stay or leave?

BunzT

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever coaches there next year, hope they can atleast have one player on the All State Academic Team? Not all will get a free ride to college because of their playing abilities.

Yoe had 13 on the list this year, congrats Yoemen. DF had a goose egg. Here is the listing:

http://thsca.pointstreaksites.com/files/up...otball_Team.pdf

How many from Yoe made Academic All American at a BCS school and played in the NFL?

I will start with DF........Eric Everett.

my question is how do these small et schools keep these coaches?

currently, surratt and bowman. how do these small schools keep the wolves

away. Maybe, the special coaches realize they don't need to press it.

Not sure you can for the large part. It's a natural progression in coaching. From success in a smaller school, to a larger school. Success there onto the college ranks, then the pros.

Sure, you'll have some that will stay in a smaller school for 30 years, but---for the most part, it's a progression in the ranks. Coaches love a challenge. Take their skills/success to a bigger place and try it there. Not to mention the $$$$ they can make as they bump up the ranks, and plan a retirement nest egg.

they are more concerned with politics (superintendent draMA).

It is more about the condition of the rest of the school facilities. Contrary to belief there is more that goes on at a school than football. It all takes moola and lots of it.

It is more about the condition of the rest of the school facilities. Contrary to belief there is more that goes on at a school than football. It all takes moola and lots of it.

and thats exactly what they want you to think. we all know what really went and goes on

and thats exactly what they want you to think. we all know what really went and goes on

That is where you do not know as much as you think. The condition of the school facilities have been in declining condition for probably as long as you are old. It cannot be covered up with band aids any longer. So many poor decisions have been made that the current board had nothing to do with but has to pay the price. Most glaring is when they bought land for a new school in the 80's without community support and thought they could ram a bond issue down our throats. Failed twice. Been playing catch up ever since. Smoke and mirrors will not work any more. Time to pay the piper .

For 50 years DLS ISD survived because of the strength of LSS. That ole goose aint laying as many golden eggs as she used to.

kinda doubt the D1 thing, we will see I hope you do for your sake. But as far as beating Arp well...hahaha...you won't...I told you boys Arp would be the first to beat the DF Tigers in 2A and that wasn't a joke :icon_eek: . Arp will beat you in jungle :thumbsup: . You won't have a 6'5 D1 WR to bail you boys out of trouble in 2011 nor the top defender in the state. I think DF will be salty with the good group from JV coming up. You won't have much size but will have speed everywere. But I also think you are going to see Arp's pain early in the season. I predict you guys go 1-4 in preseason, win district, then make a 3 or 4 round run. That's my guess just looking at who you play. Arp vs DF will be a thriller!

We already have at least 1 D1. Heard Rice and TCU have already made an offer to one of the young Mims boys. We won't have Garrett and Steve you are right about that.....but D.Terry and D. Smith will be plenty to beat the brakes off of Arp. You been sayin this #### since we beat yall this year, but we will be contenders. With the 3 Mims boys returning, Smith, Heath, Terry, Godbolt, Hanson, and all the young guys coming up.....we will be fine. If we go 1-4 in preseason i will move to Arp. LOL

You can not put a price on what Bowman has accomplished in D'Field. I know there are limitations, but everyone in that town should be telling him what a great job they have done!!!

IF he does leave then no one should be bitter, etc. They should thank him and the staff for what they have achieved. Not sure if Bowman has small kids, but if he can get a $10,000 raise...........college tuition is not getting any cheaper.

That is where you do not know as much as you think. The condition of the school facilities have been in declining condition for probably as long as you are old. It cannot be covered up with band aids any longer. So many poor decisions have been made that the current board had nothing to do with but has to pay the price. Most glaring is when they bought land for a new school in the 80's without community support and thought they could ram a bond issue down our throats. Failed twice. Been playing catch up ever since. Smoke and mirrors will not work any more. Time to pay the piper .

For 50 years DLS ISD survived because of the strength of LSS. That ole goose aint laying as many golden eggs as she used to.

I think coach Bowman understands this. You don't poor a concrete driveway when your house is falling down, first thing first.

He and his family have fit in very well here. He may make a little more money some where else, and start over. with the cost of living here he wont be any further ahead,really. Plus he is approaching celebrity status here.

I think he will stay and have a wonderful career.

Please understand that I am not just speaking out of turn and do not know what I am talking about. My family lived and was in business in DF 50+ years. Not much we have not seen or have not been part of. There is just a certain amount of reality that has to be dealt with. It really boils down to one simple question........Can DLS-ISD afford to keep him or can he afford to stay.

The tough times at the school will work theirselves out as they always have. Very few places have endured the adversity thrown its way. I certainly hope coach Bowman stays not for his achievements as a coach but what he offers as a man. The community and school needs him on this journey back.

"When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier." Roy Disney

Please understand that I am not just speaking out of turn and do not know what I am talking about. My family lived and was in business in DF 50+ years. Not much we have not seen or have not been part of. There is just a certain amount of reality that has to be dealt with. It really boils down to one simple question........Can DLS-ISD afford to keep him or can he afford to stay.

The tough times at the school will work theirselves out as they always have. Very few places have endured the adversity thrown its way. I certainly hope coach Bowman stays not for his achievements as a coach but what he offers as a man. The community and school needs him on this journey back.

"When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier." Roy Disney

Any time I think of Carl Moore, Julius Hurndon, little Mason I have to think of Coach Bowman. He may not know it but he has stood the in the gap for many people in this community. I dont think it is by acccident that he and the Irvins are here, its from a higher power. They are in the right place at the right time. Some pruning may have to happen, it has at my house, but a pruned tree is stronger and more nourished.

Word on the street is Bowman was spotted in Texarkana touring Texas High with the AD there. He is looking for a replacement for McClure. What a shame for DF.

Any time I think of Carl Moore, Julius Hurndon, little Mason I have to think of Coach Bowman. He may not know it but he has stood the in the gap for many people in this community. I dont think it is by acccident that he and the Irvins are here, its from a higher power. They are in the right place at the right time. Some pruning may have to happen, it has at my house, but a pruned tree is stronger and more nourished.

Word on the street is Bowman was spotted in Texarkana touring Texas High with the AD there. He is looking for a replacement for McClure. What a shame for DF.

Wonder if that job pays as much as DF or the $78K McClure got in Atlanta. It appears he is weighing all options. I would think a coordinators job would be a lateral move over DF or Atlanta where he removed his name. May be forcing DF to go all in.

Texas High and Texarkana have come a long way in the past 10 years.

Wonder if that job pays as much as DF or the $78K McClure got in Atlanta. It appears he is weighing all options. I would think a coordinators job would be a lateral move over DF or Atlanta where he removed his name. May be forcing DF to go all in.

Texas High and Texarkana have come a long way in the past 10 years.

Interesting comment. I have no idea who the Tigers of Texas High will select as their new DC. Texas High has upgraded their facilities a bunch of late. Good luck to both of the Tigers @ Daingerfield and Texas High. Texas High has been a stepping stone for coaches looking to move up in recent years.

Whoever coaches there next year, hope they can atleast have one player on the All State Academic Team? Not all will get a free ride to college because of their playing abilities.

Yoe had 13 on the list this year, congrats Yoemen. DF had a goose egg. Here is the listing:

http://thsca.pointstreaksites.com/files/up...otball_Team.pdf

I've never seen a fan base more determined to find that moral victory than Yoe's. My God, you were beat. Let it go.

If he is really a good coach then the offers will be much sweeter when he is able to take the talent coming up and turn them into champions. If he is not then he needs to take the best offer right now and move on. Only he knows for sure whether he is a good coach or not. Many coaches have made the move after having success. Ask DA if he is happy that he left, ask the Sealy coach if he is happy that he left, ask Lineweaver if he is happy that he left, ask the Southlake C coach if he is happy that he left, I have not heard much from any of them except Lineweaver since they left and with the talent that he has to choose from not sure how good he really is. Just saying there comes a time that you have to make a commitment to an organization and stay put and make a difference in the lives of people. Coaches that continue to move just to make it to the so called top, never really make a difference, it is those coaches that stay because the school needs them to be a part of the process of turning kids into adults. I believe that Max Lucado said it best when he said that IT IS NOT ABOUT ME. JMO.

Ehhh... Still, anybody who says Daingerfield "whipped" Yoe's tails can tell it to the mirror, but the rest of us know the truth - That game coulda gone either way. Gotta give those "lil' ol' Yoemen" credit - Gave all those big, fast Div 1 players one hell of a night. And to try to say Daingerfield was better than Yoe just cause they left with the trophy is like sayin Montana was better than Marino because of a few rings.

By the way - I kept hearin/readin different sports reporters here & there mention this theory that Daingerfield's '83 team could be the best in Tejas HS football history. But in 1921 Waco High scored 567 points in nine games, while giving up ZERO. Do the math - That's an average win of 63-0. Yeah, it was in '21, but you play who you got to play against. And in the early '20s, Waco scored 100 points more than twice. Just sayin'...

Some Yoe folks just can't accept the fact the were No. 2 in 2010. That in itself is a great achievement. I'm from neither community and I saw the game. Yoe was the best team Daingerfield played this year, and Daingerfield is the champion. If Yoe was better it wouldn't have given up that last touchdown pass so easily. 20 years from now the good folks of Cameron will remember this great 2010 Yoe team. 20 years from now a good portion of Texas will remember this better Daingerfield team and the three straight titles the Tigers won.

Ehhh... Still, anybody who says Daingerfield "whipped" Yoe's tails can tell it to the mirror, but the rest of us know the truth - That game coulda gone either way. Gotta give those "lil' ol' Yoemen" credit - Gave all those big, fast Div 1 players one hell of a night. And to try to say Daingerfield was better than Yoe just cause they left with the trophy is like sayin Montana was better than Marino because of a few rings.

By the way - I kept hearin/readin different sports reporters here & there mention this theory that Daingerfield's '83 team could be the best in Tejas HS football history. But in 1921 Waco High scored 567 points in nine games, while giving up ZERO. Do the math - That's an average win of 63-0. Yeah, it was in '21, but you play who you got to play against. And in the early '20s, Waco scored 100 points more than twice. Just sayin'...

OK Sister... time for bed.