This, That, & the Other Thing

88YoePride

It's all subjective. The only "fact" about that game is this: ANYbody who says Daingerfield "whooped" Yoe's tails, or that they "proved" they're the "better" team, is lyin' through their teeth. In the end, that game coulda gone either way. Period. Sayin' one of those teams is so much better than the other because of a trophy is like sayin' Montana was better than Marino because of the rings.

I do have ONE point about this "Daingerfield's '83 team may have been the best in the history of Texas HS football" discussion: How can ANYBODY claim there was ever a better Texas high school football team than the 1921 Waco High Lions, who scored 567 points while allowing ZERO - in only NINE games? (That's right - an average score of 63-0). Yeah, that was 1921. But in this type of discussion, you have to factor in that kind of variable - Teams and athletes of any era have to achieve what they accomplish against their peers.

It's all subjective. The only "fact" about that game is this: ANYbody who says Daingerfield "whooped" Yoe's tails, or that they "proved" they're the "better" team, is lyin' through their teeth. In the end, that game coulda gone either way. Period. Sayin' one of those teams is so much better than the other because of a trophy is like sayin' Montana was better than Marino because of the rings.

I do have ONE point about this "Daingerfield's '83 team may have been the best in the history of Texas HS football" discussion: How can ANYBODY claim there was ever a better Texas high school football team than the 1921 Waco High Lions, who scored 567 points while allowing ZERO - in only NINE games? (That's right - an average score of 63-0). Yeah, that was 1921. But in this type of discussion, you have to factor in that kind of variable - Teams and athletes of any era have to achieve what they accomplish against their peers.

I think Yoe or D'field could have won in this year's championship game but I would put the 83 Tigers against any of the greats now or in the past. They were that good and they were that dominant. Build us a time machine and let's DO IT! lol.

I think Yoe or D'field could have won in this year's championship game but I would put the 83 Tigers against any of the greats now or in the past. They were that good and they were that dominant. Build us a time machine and let's DO IT! lol.

The '83 Daingerfield squad was not the only great 3A team to come out of East Texas in the 80's. The 1980 Pittsburg Pirates was a pretty dominant group also. They didn't score as many points on offense but they were real close on the defensive side as far as stats go.

............................Pts scored...pts against...shutouts.....gms ....pts against (playoffs)

1983 Daingerfield...631...................8...............14...........16........0

1980 Pittsburg........432.................23...............12...........15........2

Man you are treading on thin ice here. There have been a whole lot of really good second place teams in history, but in the end noone remembers who they were. I would put the 83 team up against any team in history and they would not win, they were that good, I do not believe that the 8 points were given up by the defense. And Montana was a better leader then Marino and made his team a better team through his leadership thus the rings.

There is one thing you are leaving out..........Intergration...........66 on in Daingerfield proves that. It changed everything. You cannot use anything before that in a comparison. Nothing but nothing compares to the 83 team. To clarify the 8 points. DF TOOK a safety in the 1st game against Kilgore and if Johnny Hendrix had not gone for the interception at Carthage and tipped it in the air they would not have scored.

I do not understand why some of the YOE fans keep looking for excuses for the loss. They came up short in there bid for the state title.....nothing more nothing less. Get over it. History will not change itself. It was a hard fought battle between two really good teams and both knew there would be a winner and a loser before they started. Life is just that way.

You are fighting a losing battle to draw comparisons to DF. This train has been running for about 50 years and is it not some Johnny Come Lately with a 2 or 3 year run. Every standard you want to use has been set by DF.

They beat your team. They have pretty much every reason to say they were the better team, and the trophy does say that.

Should've, Could've, Would've. It doesn't really matter. Your team lost despite having plenty of chances and you just have to accept that. It isn't easy.

The '83 Daingerfield squad was not the only great 3A team to come out of East Texas in the 80's. The 1980 Pittsburg Pirates was a pretty dominant group also. They didn't score as many points on offense but they were real close on the defensive side as far as stats go.

Pts scored pts against shutouts gms played pts against (playoffs)

1983 Daingerfield 631 8 14 16 0

1980 Pittsburg 432 23 12 15 2

The 83 Tigers weren't the only great team is a true fact but they were the greatest and when Yoepride finishes that time machine we can prove it.

After we do that I want to use the time machine to go back and tell my young-self a few things and give myself a 2010 sports history almanac. Ha!

Bottom line your an idiot, we was up 27-13 had the ball on the 15 and we made a coaching mistake, we had just scored on a jump ball to skywalker and we should had came back and did the same play, if we would had we would had been up 34-13 at half time, hence it would had been a blow out, but it didn't happen that way, but what did happen is we won, so quit your crying drying it up, maybe yoe can beat us in horse shoes, or i here yall have a great swim team

My God, did you just drop out of a truck in Terlingua?

1. Daingerfield beat Yoe. They proved their superiority ON THE FIELD. Please, your whining and crying and attempts to sooth your feelings in public are just a #### stain on Cameron Yoe.

You got beat. Daingerfield IS the better team.

1A. Don't forget, one of your TDs was an early Christmas gift. You're welcome.

2. Montana WAS better than Marino. The rings prove it. It all depends on whether your goal is winning or accumulating stats. I'll take the winner every single time and twice on Sundays.

3. ALERT - Waco High isn't even in the discussion. It's Daingerfield's '83 team or Yates' '85 team, period. You're talking about a team that didn't wear helmets for God's sake.

4. If there are any more like you, send'em on over.

5. Personally, I think Yoe is very lucky Bowman didn't go to the well more than he did. The first play pass to Garrett should have been repeated about every 8 plays until Yoe learned how to defend it, if that was even possible. Perhaps Bowman held it back for that last TD play, I don't know. I would have hit Yoe with it over and over.

yes Yoe has a good teams afterall bad teams don't play in STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS , but you are in severly mistaken they won it man up and eat your crow. 1921 Really thats like me bragging about my favorite team Texas Aggies National Championship in 1939. Rookie face it You got beat now respect the champs! I thought Chapel Hill/whitehouse fans were bad lol!

We are but you're getting close to being in that same circle. Keep trying and you'll eventually get there. LOL

ANYbody who says Daingerfield "whooped" Yoe's tails, or that they "proved" they're the "better" team, is lyin' through their teeth.

Daingerfield is better than Yoe.....the rings "prove" it, the scoreboard "proves" it, those gold metals hanging around the DF players necks "prove" it, the gold trophy in the case "proves" it...........

There's alway next year, right now......the line forms behind the Tigers!!!