5 OSU players to return

sawemoff

With a quick Google search, I found this website: Link

Read through a few pages of that and tell me again how the NFL gives a #### about character.

If those 5 guys are NFL caliber players (I will be happy to take your word on that as I don't follow OSU that closely), their draft position won't be affected one bit by this measly little issue.

I see your article and I'll raise you this one!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=nfl

What about Moss? What about TO? What about PacMan? I read an article on here just the other day about the Cowboys wanting to let Roy Williams go in part because of his attitude. How on Earth can you deny that that doesn't happen?

Every player you mentioned above is still on an NFL roster. You are making my case for me.

Tressel is trying to make these kids be accountable for what they did. How is that a bad thing? And I have a feeling what you'll come back with about Robert Smith and I'll broach that subject if you do so.

What Tressel is doing is taking care of his football team.

And you were right about me coming back about Robert Smith. Do you really think Smith is not going to say whatever it takes to take the heat off his Buckeyes? It would be no different if Colt McCoy or Ricky Williams spoke up for Mack Brown.

What Tressel is doing is taking care of his football team.

And you were right about me coming back about Robert Smith. Do you really think Smith is not going to say whatever it takes to take the heat off his Buckeyes? It would be no different if Colt McCoy or Ricky Williams spoke up for Mack Brown.

Ah thank you for giving me a chance to respond. Smith was very much hated at Ohio State. In fact he didn't play his Jr. year because he felt that Cooper wanted him to focus on football more than med school. So Smith is actually someone who is very critical of Ohio State. He's also a bit of a head case anyway. Remember he quit the NFL entirely too early. He was actually a decent back. However, Smith does think highly of Tressel.

I'm sorry, it was his sophmore year.

Ah thank you for giving me a chance to respond. Smith was very much hated at Ohio State. In fact he didn't play his Jr. year because he felt that Cooper wanted him to focus on football more than med school. So Smith is actually someone who is very critical of Ohio State. He's also a bit of a head case anyway. Remember he quit the NFL entirely too early. He was actually a decent back. However, Smith does think highly of Tressel.

I'm sorry, it was his sophmore year.

A lot of people didn't care too much for Cooper, especially outside of Ohio. I've never cared for Smith as a commentator. And he ticked me off when he left th NFL early because I had a good collection of his rookie cards that became virtually worthless because he didn't play long enough to gain much notoriety in the collector world.

A lot of people didn't care too much for Cooper, especially outside of Ohio. I've never cared for Smith as a commentator. And he ticked me off when he left th NFL early because I had a good collection of his rookie cards that became virtually worthless because he didn't play long enough to gain much notoriety in the collector world.

Yeah well I had a McGwire, Griffey Jr., and the entire 89 Score football update set and lost out big time on most of my stuff. Still wanna get my hands on a Jordan rookie though. Not the Star one though..ouch!

Yeah well I had a McGwire, Griffey Jr., and the entire 89 Score football update set and lost out big time on most of my stuff. Still wanna get my hands on a Jordan rookie though. Not the Star one though..ouch!

I do have an 84-85 Star Jordan graded BGS 9 as well as two 86 Fleer BGS 9s. There tucked away somewhere safe so nobody try to mug me. :thumbsup:

But can you imagine how the would be treated if they wanted to go back and visit OSU? It's an under-handed, low, cheesy plan by Tressel and OSU.

Do you think that kids who sell their rings and memorabilia for $2000 really care much about coming back to visit a school that they used as a means to an end (the NFL)? And additionally, I'd like to know what they bought with the money...therein will we see what they truly treasure. I highly doubt they were buying insurance policies and putting agents and attorneys on retainer!

I agree with you completely...it's obvious that Tressel is gelded.

I do have an 84-85 Star Jordan graded BGS 9 as well as two 86 Fleer BGS 9s. There tucked away somewhere safe so nobody try to mug me. :thumbsup:

Whoa, graded 9???? Actually graded by BGS? that thing is worth like 3500 at least! I think you could probably get 1200 off the Fleer! I got a bunch of Shaq's cards and Lebrons but I'm not sure they'll pan out like Jordan's. I would kill for a Pete Maravich rookie card!!!!

One of my many dumb moves but when I was a kid, I had a Nolan Ryan rookie card and I traded it for a Dwight Gooden...How was I supposed to know he'd end up snortin the white powder.

Are trading cards from current players even a big deal anymore?

I don't really collect them anymore but yes they are. It's like 5 bucks a pack now! Some of the Upper Deck stuff is really cool cause they'll take a piece of like a bat that Babe Ruth used and put his autograph with it and that particular card would be worth thousands!

My dad was born in the 40's I think and he told me one time about having some 52 Topps cards and they used to put them on the spokes somehow of their bikes when they rode and used it to make noise. Or sometimes they would just get a pack for the gum and throw the cards away.....Can you imagine doing that? I asked him if he had a Mickey Mantle rookie and he said he didnt know but they could have!.....ahhh man! I mean I have wanted to just find a way to go back in time just once and find me a T203 Honus Wagner.....oh man! If I ever win the lottery, I swear I'm buying that card! I had a chance to buy a T203 Joe Tinker from a guy in longview one time for like 50 bucks and I just couldn't do it to him. I told him about the Tinker, Chance and Evers quote putting those three guys in the Hall of Fame and so he raised the price on the card....lol

Are trading cards from current players even a big deal anymore?

Not unless you get the autographed, gold version numbered to 50 or less. It's turned into gambling unless you are collecting a certain player. My son collects Jordan Shipley; thank goodness he's not too expensive right now. I've got over 100 different Rod Carew cards. Honestly, a person would be better off buying scratch-offs today if they're buying cards for a big money maker. And forget Beckett Price Guide. Cards are worth whatever they are going for on eBay.

HighRollin - I'm saving the Jordans for 4-5 more years. Plan on selling them to buy a truck/jeep for my son. I've got a lot of BGS graded cards from the late 70's to early 90's. I just happened to run a card shop inside a sporting goods store when I was in high school and college. It allowed me to pick up some really good cards over the years; buying and trading. I don't mess with it too much anymore - too expensive. Any card I'm looking for today, I just buy off eBay.

Not unless you get the autographed, gold version numbered to 50 or less. It's turned into gambling unless you are collecting a certain player. My son collects Jordan Shipley; thank goodness he's not too expensive right now. I've got over 100 different Rod Carew cards. Honestly, a person would be better off buying scratch-offs today if they're buying cards for a big money maker. And forget Beckett Price Guide. Cards are worth whatever they are going for on eBay.

HighRollin - I'm saving the Jordans for 4-5 more years. Plan on selling them to buy a truck/jeep for my son. I've got a lot of BGS graded cards from the late 70's to early 90's. I just happened to run a card shop inside a sporting goods store when I was in high school and college. It allowed me to pick up some really good cards over the years; buying and trading. I don't mess with it too much anymore - too expensive. Any card I'm looking for today, I just buy off eBay.

that'd be the smart way to go! Especially when some of those cards don't have a reserved bid. I've seen some Mantle cards on there that were really cheap and authentic, not reprints. I had a 62 Topps Mantle/Mays managers dream that I sold in the early 90's for like 120. And it had a pin hole in it. I've had some really great cards in my time but most of them passed through my hands when I was young, dumb, and full of well we all know how that goes......lol

I did not figure out saving cards until I got into my 20's. Wish I would have known that sooner!

You know Lhorn, you may not realize this but passing that stuff on to your son might tell him something about you that he never knew. When my dad passed away, he kept a locked drawer full of stuff that we thought we knew would be but turned out to be something that surprised us entirely. I told you he went through VietNam and was a Ranger and we thought there would be stuff about that but there wasn't. There were pictures of him and me hunting and fishing and him teaching me to shoot when I was really small. There were pictures of my cousins that he always complained about spending the night with us. My dad was big into hunting and fishing and he had a couple really big deer heads that he had killed but he didnt have that in there, he had a picture of my first bass I caught and my grandpa's fish. Nothing he had done. It was really amazing the stuff we found about him and meant to him. To me, it showed me what mattered the most to him.

I got both of my grandpa's Bibles and in them are highlighted the verses that meant the most to them. The little notes in the margins and stuff and you know, it show's more about those men than I realized I would ever know.

So maybe holding on to that stuff for your son will mean more to him than you realize. Just from some of your personal comments, I can tell you are both very close and he must follow in your footsteps like I did my dads. I saw a picture Five0 put up of him and his son and it reminded me of me and my dad. So I guess maybe I'm saying your doing the right thing by holding on to that. Maybe your doing more for your son than you realize right now.