GREATEST THING ABOUT TCU'S WIN!

blesseddaily

Part of UT's problem is they early sign everyone. They recruit kids who have a great soph and jr. season. The kid who has a great sr. season and is on the rise goes to TCU example Dwight Smith from Carthage.

Who is your college team if I may ask? Yes, TCU does get the most out of less than anyone else.

Man, you and OBTS are pretty harsh critics. The list of schools that are really good for 10-15 years without the occasional down year is pretty short. I guess I just have more realistic expectations. UT played in the national championship last year and might very well have won it if their QB had not gotten hurt. I'll take that any day. You guys seem to think that because Texas has one sub-par year in the last 13, suddenly they are an "underachieving" program. To me, that is ridiculous. The list of teams that wish they had "underachieved" like UT has over last few years is not short.

That said, TCU has done exceedingly well with "lesser" recruits and they have impressed everyone, including me.

It might be harsh, but it is a reality. Texas didn't under-achieve and just lose a couple of tough games to OU or Ohio State...they got embarrassed by UCLA and lost to Iowa State in Austin, they lost to Baylor, K-State, and aTm. NOT ONE of those schools can out-recruit UT. To me, that is an epic falure...especially when compared to what TCU has achieved with kids that UT snubbed.

I wish Texas fans would go ahead and admit that this year sucked and quit making excuses and predictions of future undefeated seasons. 2010 is over. TCU went 13-0. So be it. Dang these arrogant Longhorns.

Let's get back on subject. TCU has many East Texas (and more specifically 903) athletes from Longview, Tyler, Kilgore, Carthage, Tatum, Whitehouse... The list goes on. Congrats to the Frogs from ETX.

JR88, who are you referring to? I assume it's not me. UT obviously had a bad year (which I said), and I made no predictions of undefeated seasons. I did say that nearly all good programs have a bad year once in a while and I am fine with that. I didn't inject UT into this, and that is prety much my point. Some folks, instead of just giving TCU the credit they are due, have to take a swipe at UT in the process. That's fine by me but some of these folks don't have their facts straight, beginning with the original poster. Some are such UT haters that they state things as fact when they are not.

I am a huge fan of East Texas football, especially AAA and below. I have seen many of TCU's East Texas players play in HS and am thrilled with their success. I wish UT did a better job of appreciating what small school East Texas football has to offer. I also agree with those who have said that it's not necessarily a good thing to be locking up players so early because teams can miss out on some kids who really bloom a little later.

I only posted to set the facts straight. I realize that opinions can be across the board.

It might be harsh, but it is a reality. Texas didn't under-achieve and just lose a couple of tough games to OU or Ohio State...they got embarrassed by UCLA and lost to Iowa State in Austin, they lost to Baylor, K-State, and aTm. NOT ONE of those schools can out-recruit UT. To me, that is an epic falure...especially when compared to what TCU has achieved with kids that UT snubbed.

I certainly agree with you that UT had a real bad year. My point is simply that, at least to me, you are over-emphasizing one bad year when UT is coming off 12 real good ones. If they repeat this past year's performance for the next couple of seasons then I would view things differently.