Canyon Turf

StaggerinSam

Seems the main purpose the odd colored turfs serve is to bring attention to the schools that have them.

Would we in East Texas even be taliking about a football field at a high school in New Braunfels if it were not so unusual? I think not.

Eastern Washington University also has a red field just like NB Canyon High.

And the gaudiness doen't stop with football. Oregon opened a new basketball arena a couple of nights ago and the floor is so outrageous with some funky looking pictures of trees and woods and such painted over most all of the court---absolutely horrible to look at.

I think as more and more schools start doing this the NCAA or UIL as it goes for Texas high schools will have to step in and draw the line. It's only a matter of time before some school does something that is insensitive in their wacko court or field designs.

Seems the main purpose the odd colored turfs serve is to bring attention to the schools that have them.

Would we in East Texas even be taliking about a football field at a high school in New Braunfels if it were not so unusual? I think not.

Eastern Washington University also has a red field just like NB Canyon High.

And the gaudiness doen't stop with football. Oregon opened a new basketball arena a couple of nights ago and the floor is so outrageous with some funky looking pictures of trees and woods and such painted over most all of the court---absolutely horrible to look at.

I think as more and more schools start doing this the NCAA or UIL as it goes for Texas high schools will have to step in and draw the line. It's only a matter of time before some school does something that is insensitive in their wacko court or field designs.

Im not much for the red turf but the Ducks hoop court is awesome!!!!!

from what i'm reading in the papers, the new turf resembles the color of the numbers in their bank account. schools all over this state with new construction fit for a king and they have been operating in the red for several years. afluenza has been a disease affecting too many people in recent years and it has almost made it home to roost. i'm through buying muni bonds. probably safer going to vegas.