Friday Night Basketball - 1-14-11

eagles66

Mt. Pleasant hit a layup with two seconds left and gave the Texas High Tigers their first district loss at 35-34. The Tigers will play @ SS on Tuesday night. Mt. Pleasant remains undefeated in district 13-4A

At Mt. Pleasant the Lady Tigers of Texas High beat the MP Lady Tigers 32-24 in 13-4A action.

Somebody playing stall or just can't find the basket

An odd game, Texas High boys led the entire game except for a short time in the 1st qtr. Texas High had only 8 players dressed out and were missing two starters. Defense played a large part in the low score. In the last qtr near the end of the game Texas High missed the front end of two one and ones that would have probably given them the victory if they could have hit them.

11-5A Boys- Mesquite 54 Longview Lobos 51 - Final

I was under the impression that Longview was picked to finish in 1st place in the district. I read that they lost to DeSoto and now Mesquite, where is the problem? They have always been first in district play, I even think I read they won

29 district Championships. Does anybody know whats going on? Who is the new coach and where did he come from? What

kind of record did he bring with him?

I was under the impression that Longview was picked to finish in 1st place in the district. I read that they lost to DeSoto and now Mesquite, where is the problem? They have always been first in district play, I even think I read they won

29 district Championships. Does anybody know whats going on? Who is the new coach and where did he come from? What

I think you are confusing Lobo basketball with LADY Lobo basketball.

The ladies have dominated district play most of their existence........and has won more district titles than just about anyone in the state.

Lobo basketball has always been pretty hit or miss most of it's history. They did win a title back in the early 90's, but other than that.....I dont think they have made much noise. I know back in the 12-5A days, they didn't have a lot of success with Lee, JT, Lufkin, Nac, and Marshall in their district. And I know they strugged in 4A a chunk too.

But Lady Lobo basketball is one of the best in the state. They dont have the top dog trophy, but they have one of the highest winning percentages in Texas.

Tatum missing 4 players (college visits and sick) all who have started several times this year were able to pull out a victory.

Tatum 64 ElysianFields 45

Tatum JV 72 ElysianF JV 16

Girls

Tatum 75 ElysianFields 36

Tatum JV Girls 40 EF JV 9

Tatum missing 4 players (college visits and sick) all who have started several times this year were able to pull out a victory.

Tatum 64 EFields 45

Tatum JV 72 EF JV 16

Girls

Tatum 75 EF 36

Tatum JV Girls won in the closest game of the night.

Other 20-2A scores

Jefferson 75, Joaquin 40

Harleton 43, Waskom 27

Bullard boys beat Troup 75-55. I agree with the Troup thread, #23 from Troup is really good.

ET basketball must be playing awesome defense. A 4a team scores 28 points in a varsity game? Marshall goes 3-20 from 3 point land, at home? Quitman scored 4 points in the 2nd and 3rd quarter, combined?

DeSoto is ranked in the top 5 in the state. Longview paper had an article yesterday saying that last night's game was the first game in district for all boys teams.

Their new coach won something like 8 straight district championships in Louisiana-----that number is from memory, and might be off a little.

Bullard boys beat Troup 75-55. I agree with the Troup thread, #23 from Troup is really good.

ET basketball must be playing awesome defense. A 4a team scores 28 points in a varsity game? Marshall goes 3-20 from 3 point land, at home? Quitman scored 4 points in the 2nd and 3rd quarter, combined?

One team gave up 104 points last night, so not all are playing defense.

Somebody playing stall in North East Texas or just can't find the basket

It was a game where MP was playing smalls against Texas High bigs. MP swarmed the ball and made it difficult on Texas High to get the ball upcourt. Likewise MP had a problem shooting over Texas High's height. My observation the two Texas High players that were suspended hurt their team big time in this game as they were ball handlers.

Credit to MP, they wore down a undermanned Texas High team and got in position to win at the end.

I was at the longview game last night. Mesquite definately has some of the worst fans I've ever seen. they were worse than White Oaks.

I have had several friends who officiated basketball. A few of them said that White Oak was one of the last places they wanted to go. Some of the worst fans in East Texas.