13-4A Basketball Standings

eagles66

Tuesday night (2-1-11) The boys schedule has Texas High @ Sherman, Royse City @ Denison, SS @ Greenville. MP is your bye team Tuesday.

MP and Texas High I believe are in the playoffs, the battle for the third and fourth playoff spots is going to be very interesting. SS boys are winless in district 13-4A.

For the girls games Tuesday just reverse the locations of the games.

This has definitely been a great season for Mount Pleasant. Both Mount Pleasant's Freshman, Junior Varsity, and Varsity Basketball teams are up for first in their district. You usually don't see that happen often. Therefore, I think Mount Pleasant if kept in this district just might be the District Champs for a couple years running. Still Mount Pleasant is battling it out with Texas High so Mount Pleasant isn't number one just yet. Only currently. Anything can change in this district. As far as 3rd and 4th place goes, since undoubtedly either Mount Pleasant or Texas High will get first and the other second in playoff spots. My bet for 3rd in playoff spots would have to be Denison and for 4th in playoff spots would have to be Royse City. The next game I'm looking forward to in this district is the battle for first place or a tie between Mount Pleasant and Texas High. It will definitely be a game to watch as was there first encounter. Mount Pleasant winning by one at the buzzer at Texas High's home. Mount Pleasant will have the Home court advantage on next game against Texas High. Since this weather has delayed and messed up the schedules keep us informed of the standings in district. And would you happen to know or have a guess as who's in store to go up against the 13-4A District top 4?

Friday night ( 1-28-11 ) in 13-4A boys action MP beat Greenville, Sherman beat SS, and Texas High beat Denison. Royse City had a bye. Below are the standings for the 13-4A boys after last night.

Mount Pleasant - 8 -0

Texas High 7-1

Denison 4-4

Royse City 3-4

Sherman 3-5

Greenville 2-5

Sulphur Springs 0-8

Correct me if I am wrong on this. But, I heard Mount Pleasant is 18-0 for all games played? Including district and non district play? If true thats incredible. And everything seems about right. I just figured Sherman would have been better than they are looking at this moment. Maybe things will change in the next few games. And as far Sulphur Springs goes they haven't been good in the last few years in basketball.

There is a thread that's keeping up with the games each week with standings and such. All the scores from district play are posted for men's and women's games.

Here are the current standings heading into this weekend:

14-4A Men's Standings

John Tyler 10-0 (21-3)*

Marshall 7-3 (22-6)

Whitehouse 7-3 (10-10)

Jacksonville 6-4 (18-10)

Pine Tree 4-6 (13-14)

Hallsville 3-7 (13-15)

Nacogdoches 2-8 (13-17)

Kilgore 1-9 (8-14)

** DISTRICT CHAMPION

* CLINCHED PLAYOFF

John Tyler is the only team that has clinched a playoff spot and they have a sizable lead for the district championship at three games with four to go. Another win by Marshall and WH will all but clinch a spot for both of them or with a PT loss. Jax needs two more wins or two more PT losses to clinch. Marshall, WH, and Jax can finish in just about any order with 4 games remaining. PT will need to win out and hope for some help along the way to get in. One more loss will all but end their hopes.

----------------------------------------------

14-4A Ladies' Standings

Jacksonville 11-1 (22-11)**

Marshall 9-3 (17-9)*

Hallsville 9-3 (16-13)*

John Tyler 8-4 (17-12)

Nacogdoches 6-6 (11-14)

Pine Tree 3-9 (10-19)

Whitehouse 1-11 (4-20)

Kilgore 1-11

** DISTRICT CHAMPION

* CLINCHED PLAYOFF

Everyone has clinched but JT. A Lady Lion win this weekend....or a Nac loss will clinch the last spot for JT, and Nac will be eliminated. The final finish for Marshall, Hallsville, and JT can be in just about any order imaginable. Two games remain in the regular season.

I look for very few, if any, 13-4A games to be played tonight. Texarkana is reported to have 3.5 inches of snow on the ground. I doubt Greenville, or Texas High will want to travel down I-30 and they should not. I'm sure the rest of the district schools are as bad, or worse.

MP did defeat both the Texas High Varsity and JV in basketball @ Texas High. However, the 9th grade team has not lost in district. Their two defeats were to the Longview Lobos and Hot Springs, Ark. Both early in the season and non district games.

I look for very few, if any, 13-4A games to be played tonight. Texarkana is reported to have 3.5 inches of snow on the ground. I doubt Greenville, or Texas High will want to travel down I-30 and they should not. I'm sure the rest of the district schools are as bad, or worse.

And counting.

You are most likely confusing Mount Pleasant Chapel Hill to Mount Pleasant.

Mount Pleasant is undefeated in both pre season and season.

I just have yet to find the correct number of wins.

Maxpreps lists 7 losses, but they don't necessarily have every game listed.

This is just one re-cap listed on Maxpreps:

"Texas High School Basketball - Tyler trounces Mt. Pleasant

(December 9, 2010: Tyler, TX 75702) The Tyler Lions (Tyler, TX) basketball crushed the visiting Mt. Pleasant Tigers (Mt. Pleasant, TX), 56-35 in Thursday's non-league test. "

I know John Tyler and Tyler Lee both beat MP!

Well I must have misunderstood or was told wrongly. Either way they are undefeated in their district which all that counts. And well if i had known they had played John Tyler and the other top teams, I most surely wouldnt have posted that in the first place. Sorry for the misunderstanding guys.

Winter is killing play in this league. I know Texarkana could not play any games this week. The forecast is currently for Texarkana to receive 4-6" on Wednesday. Looks like Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday games. Possibly they could make up a game Thursday if the forecast is not for freezing weather Thursday night.

What a mess.

Texas High boys defeated the MP Tigers in Mt. Pleasant tonight. The Tigers held off the MP Tigers down the stretch in the 4th Qtr and won 48-41. Both sub varsity teams won for Texas High. The Tigers are due to play the Greenville Lions @ home Wed. The season is winding down and the playoffs are getting close. Texas High played good defense. MP had a good crowd there for the varsity game.

13-4A boys - Sherman 32 Denison 30

13-4A boys from last night - Royse City 58 Greenville Lions 47

Playoffs- I heard that if MP and the Texas High boys remained tied in 13-4A for the top spot at the end the season, the teams will be co-champs and flip a coin for the 1st and 2nd playoff positions.

13-4A - Tonight (Thursday) make up game.

The Tigers of Texas High will play a varsity only game tonight @ 5 P.M. The boys play @ Texas High and the girls @ Greenville

Texas High 71 Greenville 55 in a 13-4A boys make up game @ Texas High. The Tigers hit 5 three pointers and missed only one free shot tonight. This was a varsity only contest.

Friday, the Tigers close out the regular season @ home against the Sulphur Springs Wildcats. This will be Senior night for the Texas High Seniors. Both sub varsity teams will play Friday. Going into the regular season final Texas High record is 10-1 in the 13-4A district and 18-9 overall. Greenville falls to 3-7 in district and 7-22 on the year. I believe the loss tonight has eliminated the Lions from any possible playoff chance.

Tuesday night (2-1-11) The boys schedule has Texas High @ Sherman, Royse City @ Denison, SS @ Greenville. MP is your bye team Tuesday.

MP and Texas High I believe are in the playoffs, the battle for the third and fourth playoff spots is going to be very interesting. SS boys are winless in district 13-4A.

For the girls games Tuesday just reverse the locations of the games.

Well, Mount Pleasant lost Tuesday night at their home to the Texas High Tigers. Hard fought game, but T-High's height advantage out weighed the MP Tigers resulting in the Mount Pleasant tigers first loss in district. Mount Pleasant and Texas High are both Co Champions. At least for the moment they are. They will not be rescheduling another game between these two that I believe of. They each play two more games (not against each other). They more than likely will finish the rest of these two games with wins for both sides. But, if that not the case then the either of the two teams without an extra loss will be the district champs. Playoff spots are just a few games away. We know for sure both Mount Pleasant and T-High have the first two. Thirdly would have to be Denison. And for the fourth spot in playoffs is definitely a guesser. I'm going to place my bets on Royse City.