What do you think? Crockett Girls 30 - 0

SHSUgrad

I think its awesome. I hope the "THEIR RUNNIN UP THE SCORE" crowd don't start on consecutive wins next!!!!LOL

i think it's actually crockett and the "little sisters of the poor". no offens to them but they are in a very easy district. did the broadcast on their game last night and at times they are dominating and the edwards girl can really shoot, but we'll see a sthe playoffs start!

on the flip side the crockett boys are really something to watch, it seems they get better every time they take the court!!

Centerville Lady Tigers wins consolation trophy in Bryan

By Paul K. Matney

Centerville Lady Tigers win the consolation trophy. Contributed photo Centerville Lady Tigers win the consolation trophy. Contributed photo The Centerville Lady Tigers traveled to Bryan to participate in the Bryan Mc- Donalds All-Star Invitational tournament on December 28- 30. The Tigers begin the tournament by playing Mt. Vernon. The Tigers were cold the first quarter and fell behind 9-18, then outscored Mt. Vernon in the second quarter but still trailed 22-30 at halftime. The Tigers remained cold in the second half and fell 36-63 in one of their worst games of the season. Candace West had a solid game with 12 points and 7 rebounds and Kayla Brewer contributed 8 points, 2 assists, and 3 steals.

In the second round the Tigers faced Somerville and routed them 57-20. The Tigers were embarrassed in the Mt. Vernon game and were determined to prove that they belonged in the tournament. The Tigers started red hot, scoring 20 points in the first quarter and holding Somerville to 3. The Tigers applied the pressure in the second quarter and had a comfortable lead of 37-8 at halftime. They continued their solid play in the second half and walked off with an easy 57-20 win.

Brewer and Fallon Parnell led the scoring with 11 points each, followed by West (9); Jordin Chase (8); Maygn Harris (8); Dez Mathews (6), Callie Padgett (2); and Madison Taylor (2).

The Tigers tangled with China Springs on Wednesday and it was possibly the most exciting game thus far for the Tigers. The Tigers jumped out to a big early lead but the hot shooting of China Springs closed the game to 2 before Candace West hit a shot at the buzzer to go into halftime with a 4-point advantage. The Tigers came out in the third quarter with a lot of energy and intensity and stretched the lead to 19, but China Springs came back and cut the lead to 7. West took over on the inside and scored 6 points in the 4th quarter to maintain the double-digit lead. The Tigers played a complete game and all 10 players made big contributions in the 71-59 victory.

Maxpreps was at the game and was in the Tigers huddles throughout the game and came into the locker room after the game and interviewed players after the game. The recordings should be available this week on www.maxpreps.com.

Brewer had a huge game as she scored 23 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, and had 4 steals. Taylor and Padgett had 10 points each and Harris tallied 9 points. Also contributing were: West (8 points, 7 rebounds), Mathews (5); Parnell (5).

The consolation final against Austin Hyde Park First Baptist was called with 6 minutes left in the third quarter because one of the Hyde Park players suffered a severe ankle injury causing a long delay. Both teams agreed to call the game allowing players and family members of Hyde Park to make their way to the hospital with their injured teammate. The player is in the thoughts and prayers of the Lady Tigers and they wish her a speedy recovery. The Tigers had a comfortable 21-7 lead in the third quarter when the game was halted.

Scoring for CHS were: Parnell (8), Brewer (4), West (4), Mathews (2), Hannah Word (2). Harris (1), and Taylor (1).

The Lady Tigers won the consolation championship out of 24 teams and went 3-1 in the tournament overall. All players contributed tremendously over the three days.

COMING UP: The Lady Tigers travel to Anderson-Shiro on January 4th and travel to Jewett on January 7th.

Congatulations on the win. I would not get overly excited about the record though. I know a team that had the similar record two years ago going into the regional tounament. Great accomplishment but what you do in the playoffs is what counts.

Good luck,you just might get a chance to play the Lady Raiders of Winnsboro in the playoffs.

30-0 is a great record..........except for one thing.........they haven't achieved it against good competition. I've seen a lot of teams with records like this fall on their faces in the playoffs because they didn't know how to play when challenged by a good team. A few years back, I saw a boys team that was 39-0 going into the regional tournament get beat by 40 points in the first round of regionals because they played in a pitiful district down in the valley.

Never get excited about a record like this unless you have beaten some quality teams along the way.

30-0 is a great record..........except for one thing.........they haven't achieved it against good competition. I've seen a lot of teams with records like this fall on their faces in the playoffs because they didn't know how to play when challenged by a good team. A few years back, I saw a boys team that was 39-0 going into the regional tournament get beat by 40 points in the first round of regionals because they played in a pitiful district down in the valley.

Never get excited about a record like this unless you have beaten some quality teams along the way.

Hate to say I totally agree with this post. I have not seen Crockett play this year, they may be very good. But looking at their record, the only "quality" teams they have beaten are all 1A teams.