Pine Tree AD

bulldogbacker

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only question that I have answered is the one you asked about TCU. Do you know the difference between a question and an answer?

Actually you didn't answer it, I asked how long you have been a TCU fan, but that's fine. I think you are Smoaky gold. You bring so much to this forum. Witty, intelligent, super insightful and funny. You will go far and do great things.

Actually you didn't answer it, I asked how long you have been a TCU fan, but that's fine. I think you are Smoaky gold. You bring so much to this forum. Witty, intelligent, super insightful and funny. You will go far and do great things.

What do you bring "king"?

We all know PT has issues. I think it is funny that everybody thinks getting a guy from a program like Henderson, Carthage, Whitehouse, etc could be the key. Have you seen those teams athletes when they take the field? The problem is that most coaches that could probably get this job will soon find out that it is a lot more work than what they expected. They will run for another job in 2-4 years when their way of doing things doesnt work. Even if a coach turns the program around, they will probably jet out of there as soon as they can. "Turning PT around".....how good is that going to look on the resume?

Another point.....the $90000+ starting salary may have just set PT up for failure. There are a lot of good RESUME coaches out there that are now interested in the job so they can get PAID. Hopefully PT's interview process will bring to light these guys and not give them the time of day.

We all know PT has issues. I think it is funny that everybody thinks getting a guy from a program like Henderson, Carthage, Whitehouse, etc could be the key. Have you seen those teams athletes when they take the field? The problem is that most coaches that could probably get this job will soon find out that it is a lot more work than what they expected. They will run for another job in 2-4 years when their way of doing things doesnt work. Even if a coach turns the program around, they will probably jet out of there as soon as they can. "Turning PT around".....how good is that going to look on the resume?

Another point.....the $90000+ starting salary may have just set PT up for failure. There are a lot of good RESUME coaches out there that are now interested in the job so they can get PAID. Hopefully PT's interview process will bring to light these guys and not give them the time of day.

90K will attract an easy 125-150 resumes.

This boils down to if the athletes of other sports want to lift weights. They don't want to be in the weight room. Running and kicking and throwing and hitting and shooting #### is really fun and really easy. Being told to lift weights is tough. When they don't want to do this, the easiest way is to make the argument that it effects their sport and the different muscles they use. How many times has an athlete from a different sport begged a coach to get into the weight room and get stronger? Never. If they did and the coach said no, you would have the craziest argument ever. This is why I love club sports and select teams. They create true champions....just pay your fees.

Karnack, I completely agree with you. Also you have to have a basketball coach, baseball coach, soccer coach, tennis coach etc....that all support the weight room and track. That is where championships are won anyway. You can look at any major program that has had success and look at major athletes (pro, college and HS) and they all lift weights and do some kind of running program.

I remember that team . I belive yall won district with kilgore and lost to a good Coricana 10-9 in bi district corect me if I am wrong. Pine tree was a good team and now they are crowning homecoming queens. Henderson was in the same boat but got a good coach that changed the attitude.

Thats correct we were a good team. You know whats even crazier? We had Meeks here, and the school board ran him off. Couldnt handle the attention he was giving his son (who was my age). They passed on Coach Comfort who was a VERY good coach and went with a 2a coach from Harmony. PT is their own worst enemy and the kids arent the reason for the failed program. That year we just had and exceptional group of kids and a decent coaching staff. After we left alot of things changed and has been down that way for years. Nobody expects PT to win district or make the playoffs... id be happy to see them compete first then accomplish all those things. After 2001 they started scheduling 3a teams to play to get a win on their scorecard, which is a joke.

Thats correct we were a good team. You know whats even crazier? We had Meeks here, and the school board ran him off. Couldnt handle the attention he was giving his son (who was my age). They passed on Coach Comfort who was a VERY good coach and went with a 2a coach from Harmony.

Comfort was a great coach and should have been a top candidate to take the job. Meeks won at Henderson by dropping a classification, hiring awesome assistants, and letting them do most of everything...from what I hear at this point in his career he actually plays golf more than he coaches football. I'm not dogging him because a lot of head coaches do that. Assistants are where the real success comes from because they spend way more time with the players on the practice field.

Comfort was a great coach and should have been a top candidate to take the job. Meeks won at Henderson by dropping a classification, hiring awesome assistants, and letting them do most of everything...from what I hear at this point in his career he actually plays golf more than he coaches football. I'm not dogging him because a lot of head coaches do that. Assistants are where the real success comes from because they spend way more time with the players on the practice field.

Well your wrong about Meeks. He didnt drop a class to go to Henderson. He went to Mount Vernon then went to Henderson which was actually up a class because they were 4a. Meeks is a great coach and whatever you are hearing is incorrect. Comfort should have gotten the job when Waldrep left he had made that defense what it was in 2001 which is the main reason for the success.

"IF" PT is smart, they will give it to Roger Adams. Area guy, is not looking for the job to be a stepping stone, has built a program (Hallsville), will stay to give some consistency, and the biggest thing...he knows what he is getting in to and still wants the job. Should be a no brainer.

"IF" PT is smart, they will give it to Roger Adams. Area guy, is not looking for the job to be a stepping stone, has built a program (Hallsville), will stay to give some consistency, and the biggest thing...he knows what he is getting in to and still wants the job. Should be a no brainer.

Job description say's, "state championship experience", when did Adams do that?

I don't know Roger Adams from Adam Adams but why would he be the right guy? Hallsville has been very disappointing in my opinion. Always great athletes but never lives up to their potential. Sounds the same as some other school we've been discussing. Oh yeah, Pine Tree.