Tatum vs Melissa

Eagleborn

No! Don't say Melissa was over-rated, say they were great, but Tatum was greater!!! What I don't want to hear is Melissa fans saying that this was the worst game their team played all year or that such and such player had a bad night. My thoughts are that most if not all the time a bad game in basketball, (no weather related issues to cause bad plays) is caused by the opposing team being much better than your team, thus causing the bad game. I was actually pulling for Melissa as I wanted to support the team that was from my county. You had a great year Melissa and be very proud of your basketball record.

It probably was their worst game of the year, especially Hondo. But as you pointed out, I'm willing to guess that "bad" game was a direct result of that lazy man to man defense Tatum is sporting!!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It probably was their worst game of the year, especially Hondo. But as you pointed out, I'm willing to guess that "bad" game was a direct result of that lazy man to man defense Tatum is sporting!!

Hmm....that same defense has them playing for a State Championship on tomorrow.

Ohh...gotcha. I thought it was an attempt to discredit the Tatum win.

That was not my intention at all. It was in direct response to an earlier post. Tatum manhandled a very good basketball team from the 2nd period on and deserve all props that go with it. Good luck to Tatum in the title game tomorrow.

Hondo needed help, got worn out breaking the press, Eagle pressure way to much, to quote a text I got during 3rd qtr"welcome to East Texas basketball Melissa", but Hondo may have the quickest hands I have ever seen, guy that size handling the rock like that. Congrats Coach Carr and the Eagles.

Looks like the "mugging style" of defense created more than enough problems for #1 ranked Melissa. Agression is one thing but agression + lightening quick speed is categorized at "a whole nutha level", lol. Creating turnovers is what Tatum has thrived on all year, its the reason they're playing for the state championship....well, that combined with the 3 pointers. The thing that I love the most is that Tatum wasn't really even on the radar when the season started. Now they're just one win away from being crowned state champs. Lets Go Eagles.

Please tell me Idalou isn't full of 6'5-6'7 guys like the Everman team we faced back in 03.

Are you going to be able to watch the live stream?

No, I wasn't able to watch the live stream. How'd it go?

I'm just busting your chops man. Melissa is a great team and produced one heck of a season. Nothing can be taken away from them. I wish them the best in years to come and hope that they have their heads held high because they should be. Making it to the final four is an amazing feature. Great season guys.

But let this be a lesson....East Texas speed is a deadly weapon, don't ever underestimate it.....its real.

LETS GO EAGLES.....just one more.

FYI...Tatum's Track Team (there we two that showed up) had 22 points for the day to Gilmer's 48...Springhill had 200+...just goes to show you that Tatum cannot handle the Buckeyes

The track team IS the basketball team, lol. Wait til basketball is over.....Tatum is gonna be pretty rowdy in track this year.

Idalou is going to give Tatum a challenge. Expect a closer game than yesterday. They are also playing for state title in consecutive years.

What Melissa coach said....

"The game was extremely physical. We're used to playing a physical style, but those guys are so athletic that eventually that's what wore us down," Sadler said. "Their physicality, their ability to just bump us and bump us and create turnovers off of us trying to get the ball up the court."

What Tatum coach said....

"Honestly I didn't think the game was as phsysical as many of our games in the playoffs in East Texas. I guess that's the blue-collar cornerstone of our program," Carr said.

What good ol tappy said....

No, haven't seen Tatum play. Seen Melissa several times.

Good luck to Tatum, but that type of play won't work against Melissa.