Tatum vs Melissa

Eagleborn

It'll be streaming on the FSSW website. 2 PM start.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/pages/streaming_3/0

It'll apparently be replayed in its entirety at 4 PM on the television channel. I think it will be televised live on the "Texas Channel" (whatever that is) and maybe on something called Fox Sports Southwest Plus, if you get that. I can't find either of those on DISH, but maybe you have them. Could also be on of the alternates maybe.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be streaming on the FSSW website. 2 PM start.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/pages/streaming_3/0

It'll apparently be replayed in its entirety at 4 PM on the television channel. I think it will be televised live on the "Texas Channel" (whatever that is) and maybe on something called Fox Sports Southwest Plus, if you get that. I can't find either of those on DISH, but maybe you have them. Could also be on of the alternates maybe.

I cant get it to stream.....kinda irritating

Hey Tappy what time does Melissa play today??? LOL

Sorry, I went on vacation on Friday. Congrats to Tatum. Didn't see it coming, really thought the better basketball team would win. Didn't happen that way on Friday, but did happen on Saturday.

Fans all year have been saying that Melissa was "head-and-shoulders" above every other 2A team in the State! Almost like they were invincible.

Conference 2A

Kendall Bell, Tatum Sr. 6’0” Guard

Luke Buckner, Idalou Sr. 6’3” Guard/Forward

Desmond Fite, Tatum Sr. 6’1” Guard/Forward

Dante Haynes, Hallettsville Sr. 6’1” Guard

*Riley Payne, Idalou Jr. 6’4” Guard/Forward

They were head and shoulders above other 2a teams all year. Hondo Webb is still the best player in 2a this year. Sorry if you only saw them play the one time against Tatum. Sounds like Tatum was shooting lights out.

Wow, you must have been busy...going around to all the 2A schools to look at all the best players in the State!!! How could you possibly make that statement? There were probably a lot of great players that didn't even get to show their stuff in the playoffs...I am sure the Webb kid is good, but to say he is the best in the state...crazy talk!!!

They were head and shoulders above other 2a teams all year. Hondo Webb is still the best player in 2a this year. Sorry if you only saw them play the one time against Tatum. Sounds like Tatum was shooting lights out.

Wow, you must have been busy...going around to all the 2A schools to look at all the best players in the State!!! How could you possibly make that statement? There were probably a lot of great players that didn't even get to show their stuff in the playoffs...I am sure the Webb kid is good, but to say he is the best in the state...crazy talk!!!

So the people that select the all state teams see every player? They must be tired.

Luckily for me I didn't have to travel to all the 2a schools. Once i saw Melissa play a few times I knew I could stop.

I agree there are a lot of good players that don't see the light of the playoffs.

I never said anything about the all-state selection....I am just saying that to say you know that Webb is the best 2A player in Texas is a ludicrous statement!! You have no idea who the best player is and nobody else does either. You can say he is the best you have seen, but that is a long way from crowning him the best 2A player in the state...unless of course, you HAVE seen all the 2A players...then it is still only your opinion. I digress...I am sure he is a fine player!!!

So the people that select the all state teams see every player? They must be tired.

Luckily for me I didn't have to travel to all the 2a schools. Once i saw Melissa play a few times I knew I could stop.

I agree there are a lot of good players that don't see the light of the playoffs.

Did you see Melissa play anyone that advanced very far in the play-offs? What was their streangth of schedule?

Did you see Melissa play anyone that advanced very far in the play-offs? What was their streangth of schedule?

They did have a very weak district, which in the long run hurt them. However they had probably the toughest non district games in 2a. Melissa played (3) 5A schools, (5) 4A schools and (5) 3A schools and won them all but one.

But they lost win it counted, just a bad time to have their worst game of the year. This happens.

They did have a very weak district, which in the long run hurt them. However they had probably the toughest non district games in 2a. Melissa played (3) 5A schools, (5) 4A schools and (5) 3A schools and won them all but one.

But they lost win it counted, just a bad time to have their worst game of the year. This happens.

Worst game meaning that the other team took them out of their game and had a lot to do with them losing. They did just enough to win. It very well might have been Tatum's worst game of the year as well and still won. Just food for thought.

Hey Tappy. That Hondo Webb kid is very slow and unathletic. The speed and quickness of Tatum was certainly something that Melissa has never experienced because they were completely overmatched. They couldn't break the press. I guess that region just plays half court basketball. That's probably why you think Hondo is good. In a half court game, walking the ball up the court, and dribbling through the "white boy" 2-3 zone would make anybody with any sort of talent look good. I bet Hondo is really good at playing H-O-R-S-E. He would get all the set shots that he needs and he wouldn't have to run or jump. Melissa was completely overranked and obviously came out of a very weak district.

Hey Tappy. That Hondo Webb kid is very slow and unathletic. The speed and quickness of Tatum was certainly something that Melissa has never experienced because they were completely overmatched. They couldn't break the press. I guess that region just plays half court basketball. That's probably why you think Hondo is good. In a half court game, walking the ball up the court, and dribbling through the "white boy" 2-3 zone would make anybody with any sort of talent look good. I bet Hondo is really good at playing H-O-R-S-E. He would get all the set shots that he needs and he wouldn't have to run or jump. Melissa was completely overranked and obviously came out of a very weak district.

I was at the state finals. I was very impressed with Tatums win over Melissa. But it appeared to me that Tatum spent all their energy on the Melissa win. Not the same team in the final game. But you could say that about a lot of the teams that did not make it to the state finals. Very strong during district play. But had a bad game during playoffs as we like to say. To win state you got to be good and have a little luck at the right time. I have watch the Webb kid play all four years. He has been very reliable and consistant. I believe he would be a starter on any team in Texas 1A, 2A or 3A basketball. I am not from Melissa or Tatum. But enjoy watching both teams play. I always pull for the East Texas teams.

Hondo is a good player and he can jump because I saw him fly through the air in a smooth move to make a basket. But by the 4th quarter I don't think he could make it; he was too tired.

Hondo is a real good player and does not deserve all the criticism. But I don't think that people are really leveling the down play at Hondo but those people who had him built up to be the next Larry Bird. The player that could not only carry a district but a region.

I believe that Melissa had a few Dallas sports writers on their team. The only problem was the sports writers couldn't shoot or bring the ball up the court for Melissa. There were probably two or three more teams in region 3 that could have beaten Melissa.

After watching the Idalou/Tatum game on TV I am still left wondering how Melissa lost. Seen Melissa beat several better teams this year.

Get over it Sappy. Mellisa couldn't handle the pressure Tatum put on them, and Idalou did. Tatum and Idalou were better than Mellisa. The end.