New PT Football Coach

eagles66

Coach Fitz is a heck of a ball coach and a players coach. I've never worked with a HC that cares for his players like he does. A tremendous work ethic and passion for the game. Giddings was successful before Fitz but NEVER had a run of wins and championships like what Fitz took them through. If PT has a chance of a turnaround it's with this man. I wish him the best of luck and PT got a heck coach!

This sounds familiar. A couple years ago, Coach Chancellor was hired in with a strong resume. There were several positive posts about him and best wishes all around. Now, after back-to-back 1-9 seasons, he has moved on. Next up, Coach Fitzhenry. Good resume and plenty of goodwill and "good luck" from Smoaky readers.

So, what does Coach Fitzhenry bring to the table that Coach Chancellor didn't?

There is a good chance that Fitz's son finishes high school football career at Giddings..

Interesting...

that is true. hopefully for Pine Tree Giddings will hire a coach who runs an offense that doesn't fit him and he will want to come to PT. i wouldn't fault him at all for staying since he will be a Sr next year but he will definately be the starting QB at PT but that's not a given anymore at Giddings.

• 2 weeks later...

I know what to expect with this post. But I have to say it. He has gone from being a good sucessful coach, to now probably a coach with a losing record. Sorry PT.

Maybe....but you have to admire the guy for giving it a shot. What if he turns it around? He has shown he can win at established programs. If he does succeed at PT, what would that do for his resume? I think if he does not have success at PT, then his record from previous schools would outshine his time at PT since, according to all PT posters, no one can win there.

Maybe....but you have to admire the guy for giving it a shot. What if he turns it around? He has shown he can win at established programs. If he does succeed at PT, what would that do for his resume? I think if he does not have success at PT, then his record from previous schools would outshine his time at PT since, according to all PT posters, no one can win there.

Good post above.

I know it has been a long time since PT did anything in football, but it appears from the dollars that this coach is getting the PT folks are going to do their best to turn it around. Anyone from the PT community know if he is bringing a lot of coaches with him ?

Good luck to PT, and perhaps they can turn things around. In my view, he needs at the very minimum four years to try to make the Pirates a winner again.

I agree on the newspaper article out of Central Texas, pretty tough on the Pirates. Giddings is an area that is becoming part of the explosive growth near Austin.

This sounds familiar. A couple years ago, Coach Chancellor was hired in with a strong resume. There were several positive posts about him and best wishes all around. Now, after back-to-back 1-9 seasons, he has moved on. Next up, Coach Fitzhenry. Good resume and plenty of goodwill and "good luck" from Smoaky readers.

So, what does Coach Fitzhenry bring to the table that Coach Chancellor didn't?

This is mean, but I really feel like this is the truth. If he can beat Hallsville next year and go 2-8 or 1-9 he will have had a sucessful first season at Pine Tree.

That is very say but very true! The new coach needs to raise the expectations. Play a rivalry game like (springhill) and couple of playoff 4A or a 5A. Only one cupcake is allowed if they want to take district seriously. Most important play the best players in the best places no matter if Johnny dosen't play. Afterall its his rep and but on the line, he should sink or fail his way. Best of luck and Mavgrad the truth hurts sometimes.

Remember Marshall/Whitehouse was pretty bad in the late 90s did they give up, NO!! So why is Pine Tree any different!

Whitehouse bad in the late 90's? That's an understatement. The right leader will pull Pine Tree out and up.

That is very say but very true! The new coach needs to raise the expectations. Play a rivalry game like (springhill) and couple of playoff 4A or a 5A. Only one cupcake is allowed if they want to take district seriously. Most important play the best players in the best places no matter if Johnny dosen't play. Afterall its his rep and but on the line, he should sink or fail his way. Best of luck and Mavgrad the truth hurts sometimes.

Remember Marshall/Whitehouse was pretty bad in the late 90s did they give up, NO!! So why is Pine Tree any different!

Spring Hill and PT are not rivals. I've lived here 45 years and our biggest rival to this day is White Oak. I really don't recall ever playing them except maybe in a tournament. I don't kow how it is now but in my kids years they really got along ok. The schools are only a mile apart as the crow flies. It's was PT and Longview that were hot rivals for a while.

I meant they should start a series for the local longview fans (outsideof lobos) to get excited about. Plus would be a decent game compared to Lview vs Pt. A couple of good 4A like Sulfur Springs and maybe a playoff 4a down south or Dallas. If that didn't work play a decent 5A and a cupcake along with Spring hill. Trust me the district will take notice and your program will be better down the road.

That might work. But our program hung fairly well in our district this year considering it was probably the toughest in 3A. Heck if you guys had not knocked Brown outt for the last part of our game against you and for the following 2 games we might have went a little farther. WE are (at least me) proud to have played well in this group of champions . We'll be pairing up again this Friday for the district opener (baseball). Coming to your house hoping to come home with a win. Good luck to your Lions and my Panthers. Do you follow baseball?

I meant they should start a series for the local longview fans (outsideof lobos) to get excited about. Plus would be a decent game compared to Lview vs Pt. A couple of good 4A like Sulfur Springs and maybe a playoff 4a down south or Dallas. If that didn't work play a decent 5A and a cupcake along with Spring hill. Trust me the district will take notice and your program will be better down the road.

You obviously are not familiar with Pine Tree's schedule... Pine Tree does not play any cream puff teams. The weakest team on Pine Tree's schedule is North Lamar and they have a great 3A record.

Pine Tree has beat them 4 years in a row. I doubt many teams in the state of texas can say they have played a schedule as tough as Pine Tree has the last two years.

Longview, John Tyler, Sulfur Springs, Texas High, Whitehouse, and Marshall are not considered cup cake teams! I bet your record would look like Pine Tree's If these teams were on your schedule every year too.

There were no cream puffs on our schedule this year for sure. Pine Tree also plays tough each year that I remember. Ihave always wondered why PT has not been more successful. Hopefully the new coach will make as much difference as SH's has.

There were no cream puffs on our schedule this year for sure. Pine Tree also plays tough each year that I remember. Ihave always wondered why PT has not been more successful. Hopefully the new coach will make as much difference as SH's has.

OUCH!!!! I love it!!!! However, Coach Poe is a great man.