EF Football 2011

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to give a big "ATTA BOY" out to the E.F. Jacket linemen and linebackers. I been working with this group since summer started on a project to raise money for them to go to a specialized Linemen and Linebacker Camp. They have worked almost every saturday in the 100 degree heat doing odd jobs around the area to EARN enough money to pay for their camp, and believe me when I say they had to work for it! All of them worked their tails off and accomplished their goal. I'm proud of you guys and can't wait for camp and the season to start. You reap what you sow guys, and hard work always pays off. Thanks for your effort and commitment to the goal!

Way to go guy's! Hard work will always pay off. Thanks bigdav for your efforts as well. I'm ready for some football.

Way to go guy's! Hard work will always pay off. Thanks bigdav for your efforts as well. I'm ready for some football.

I want to give a big "ATTA BOY" out to the E.F. Jacket linemen and linebackers. I been working with this group since summer started on a project to raise money for them to go to a specialized Linemen and Linebacker Camp. They have worked almost every saturday in the 100 degree heat doing odd jobs around the area to EARN enough money to pay for their camp, and believe me when I say they had to work for it! All of them worked their tails off and accomplished their goal. I'm proud of you guys and can't wait for camp and the season to start. You reap what you sow guys, and hard work always pays off. Thanks for your effort and commitment to the goal!

That's a great story Dav. I love hearing stuff life that. Good luck to those kids.

bigdav give us an update on how camp went when you get back.

I recently saw those twin boys that's moving to E.F. I've been hearing about at the highschool working out, I don't know what happen in Beckville but they will fit in nicely at E.F. I also heard they used to be in Alto one looks like a running back and the other one is HUGH looks like an OL,DL

The Jones brothers are currently on the roster.

T.J. Clark is another move-in that should be playing safety for the Jackets.

Who is the move-in from Kilgore?

T.J. Clark is more of a move back, than a move in. He has always played for EF, he missed his freshman footballl season at EF, he was living out of town. The boy from Kilgore has come to some work outs but not sure about that situation.

T.J. Clark is more of a move back, than a move in. He has always played for EF, he missed his freshman footballl season at EF, he was living out of town. The boy from Kilgore has come to some work outs but not sure about that situation.

Cool.

Do you know the kids name from Kilgore?

bigdav give us an update on how camp went when you get back.

SteelJacket

Camp went GREAT! Boys had 3 two hour workouts per day in 100 degree heat, and film sessions from 8 to 10pm every night. They kept them busy and everybody really hustled and payed attention to what the coaches were teaching. I could actually see improvement as they went from drill to drill every workout. They were exposed to alot of college and pro techniques which should definately improve their game this season. I was really proud of their effort at camp, and talking to the coaches running the drills they kept refering to them as a "good or impressive group". They are really FIRED UP and ready for the season to start. They made a great showing, especially when you consider that they are from a 2A school and were were side by side with 3, 4, and 5A schools.

Can't wait to see how we match up with you guys 1st scrimmage , sounds like yall are LOADED

I don't know that we're LOADED, we have a pretty good group that is still pretty young, but improving. I think that we will be a lot more competitve this year, but they will probably be doing some moving around of personnel, just like everyone else, trying to find the best fit when we scrimmage you guys. Looking forward to it starting and it ain't long now. Good Luck to y'all this season, we'll see you soon.

Have heard that move ins Chris Williams and T.J. Clark with man the corner positions. Trevor Spears, Nathan Hall, and Christian Smith will man the safety positions. EF should have one of the better secondaries in 8AA. Talked to an assistant coach two weeks ago and he said don't be surprised if EF doesn't have one of the top 2 defenses in 8AA. Golden, Jett, Jones, and Vance who are all underclassmen will man the front four and will be very solid. 2 year starter Bruce Woods will lead the linebacking corp along with Lonzo Macon, Tanner Davis, and Tanner Norman. If EF can put an offense on the field that can consistantly move the ball. EF should be in the mix for one of the 3 playoff spots...............................but I warn all of you if all of you are expectig a 9-1 record or even an 8-2 record this season you need to take a step back. This team will have SEVERAL young players who will be seeing their first bit of action. This team could go 4-1 in their first 5 or 1-4 in their first 5, but 8AA is theirs for the taking. A winning record and a trip to the playoffs for the first time in 4 years will be a great change of pace, and will set the stage for a team that will lose 1 player in 2012.

I think the offense will be fine with all the guys coming back that started last year and plus with all the move in's at the skill position this group will be fun to watch once the coaches get the kids in the right spot that is a key to a teams success and I'm seeing those Jones boys at the field running everyday so look for Kevin I think is his name to boost the running good size kid not as big as his bother though but I heard he is fast

Have heard that move ins Chris Williams and T.J. Clark with man the corner positions. Trevor Spears, Nathan Hall, and Christian Smith will man the safety positions. EF should have one of the better secondaries in 8AA. Talked to an assistant coach two weeks ago and he said don't be surprised if EF doesn't have one of the top 2 defenses in 8AA. Golden, Jett, Jones, and Vance who are all underclassmen will man the front four and will be very solid. 2 year starter Bruce Woods will lead the linebacking corp along with Lonzo Macon, Tanner Davis, and Tanner Norman. If EF can put an offense on the field that can consistantly move the ball. EF should be in the mix for one of the 3 playoff spots...............................but I warn all of you if all of you are expectig a 9-1 record or even an 8-2 record this season you need to take a step back. This team will have SEVERAL young players who will be seeing their first bit of action. This team could go 4-1 in their first 5 or 1-4 in their first 5, but 8AA is theirs for the taking. A winning record and a trip to the playoffs for the first time in 4 years will be a great change of pace, and will set the stage for a team that will lose 1 player in 2012.

If this team defense can be that good there's no way this team will be 1-4 in non district trust me these kids will be come with it this year no need to expect anything less

SteelJacket

Camp went GREAT! Boys had 3 two hour workouts per day in 100 degree heat, and film sessions from 8 to 10pm every night. They kept them busy and everybody really hustled and payed attention to what the coaches were teaching. I could actually see improvement as they went from drill to drill every workout. They were exposed to alot of college and pro techniques which should definately improve their game this season. I was really proud of their effort at camp, and talking to the coaches running the drills they kept refering to them as a "good or impressive group". They are really FIRED UP and ready for the season to start. They made a great showing, especially when you consider that they are from a 2A school and were were side by side with 3, 4, and 5A schools.

Thats great, I know they can't wait to put those techniques to use.

Could be a little early to say who's playing where, given some of these boys have'nt made a single hit or tackle at EF yet. There will be a number of others trying for those same positions ( Don Deramus, Colby Simmons, Zane Barge, Terry Jones, Drake Davis, and several others). I also don't think there will be several young players seeing their first bit of action; almost every boy who will be playing on varsity this year saw at least some action last year.

Could be a little early to say who's playing where, given some of these boys have'nt made a single hit or tackle at EF yet. There will be a number of others trying for those same positions ( Don Deramus, Colby Simmons, Zane Barge, Terry Jones, Drake Davis, and several others). I also don't think there will be several young players seeing their first bit of action; almost every boy who will be playing on varsity this year saw at least some action last year.