EF Football 2011

That's true they I think it's going to come down to who want it most I no all of them are really good players coach king will put them were the belong I'm looking for a great season this year I seen most of the guys working out like the jones kids they dad work with them everyday running and weights lots of drills im so ready for elysian fields football I no they going to make us fans proud this season

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True the Jackets are full of young players, but all these kids have had experience on the field, With alot of hard work I can see these kids finishing second in district behind Hughes Springs,,,,,,but note I did say with ALOT of hard work.... We have a few move ins that should help us some, but this is the group we have been waiting on. Our team speed is not great....but it is good. Coach King will still have his hands full this year trying to get this team to bond together, but when they do " Look Out! "Our defense should be very strong and our offense somewhat questionable. We have a good quarterback returning in junior Christian Smith...but we still need to establish a solid running game and we need our recievers to step it up a notch. I don't think we will have that one back that everyone talks about, but should be able to get the job done using several different kids, I can see where we will have alot more depth with some talented kids filling in when needed. But all in all I have complete faith in our coaches and kids! I think this year will be a great year for the EF Jackets and can't wait to see these kids take the field! Good Luck Jackets on a great season!

hughes springs Won district last season ya but like I said we only lost to them by one that says a lot I do believe Ef will come out on top this year cause they full of talent as long as they play as a team like that team Canadian that beat us n state there is no way they should have won that game but they did so what I'm saying is that Ef have the size and enough speed to come out on top like I said they have to play together as a team and help each other out let's go jackets we behind y'all 100% buzzzzzzzzzzzzz

True the Jackets are full of young players, but all these kids have had experience on the field, With alot of hard work I can see these kids finishing second in district behind Hughes Springs,,,,,,but note I did say with ALOT of hard work.... We have a few move ins that should help us some, but this is the group we have been waiting on. Our team speed is not great....but it is good. Coach King will still have his hands full this year trying to get this team to bond together, but when they do " Look Out! "Our defense should be very strong and our offense somewhat questionable. We have a good quarterback returning in junior Christian Smith...but we still need to establish a solid running game and we need our recievers to step it up a notch. I don't think we will have that one back that everyone talks about, but should be able to get the job done using several different kids, I can see where we will have alot more depth with some talented kids filling in when needed. But all in all I have complete faith in our coaches and kids! I think this year will be a great year for the EF Jackets and can't wait to see these kids take the field! Good Luck Jackets on a great season!

Good post BigED, I agree. I think the move ins will help some as you said. I feel our team speed is very good ( maybe not great), think about it, our entire starting defensive line can run under a 5.0. Our defense should be strong as you said. I also feel we will have several solid running backs that can get the job done. To me it is very scary to have one outstanding RB; if he goes down, so could your season. I think Christian Smith is just getting better and better.

Fans don't be disappointed if our Jackets drop a couple of pre-district games. We have a tough schedule with some good teams that are bigger than us. We should fair the better half of our schedule when we get to district. I predict our kids will go 7-3, with a second place finish in district. I also think that we will go a couple of rounds deep in the play-offs. Of course I am bias, but I also know the talent we have in our program.But remember , all these kids will return next year minus one offensive lineman. And Steeljacket you are right, all our defensive lineman run a 5.0 40 or under....all our linebackers also all run 4.6-4.8 40,s.....our secondary has a couple of 4.6 guys .... we do not have anyone that runs a 4.5 or under, but we have enough speed to get the job done. Our offensive line should be MUCH improved over last season which will help us out alot. I think to move the ball we will have to take advantage of Christian Smith's legs as well as his arm...and our group of running backs are well capable of getting the yards we need. Now it is up to these 15-18 year old kids to do it. The talent is there... the coaches are there... lets get it done boys!!!... Go Jackets!!

Your right BigED, tough season coming up. Harmony, New Diana, and White Oak are all Division 1 schools. Frankston and Hughes Springs are both top 25 schools as rated by The Old Coach. The scrimmage with Alto should give us a good look at what the team will be capable of; they are a top 10 rated team in 1A. I'm ready for some football, I don't care how much I have to sweat. Go Jackets!!!

Your right BigED, tough season coming up. Harmony, New Diana, and White Oak are all Division 1 schools. Frankston and Hughes Springs are both top 25 schools as rated by The Old Coach. The scrimmage with Alto should give us a good look at what the team will be capable of; they are a top 10 rated team in 1A. I'm ready for some football, I don't care how much I have to sweat. Go Jackets!!!

Steel Jacket

I'm already sweating, in a office with the AC set on 70 and it ain't got nothing to do with the rumor that I go about 380 lbs. You and BigED have got me ready for some JACKET FOOTBALL!

I agree with his thoughts on the team 100%. He ought to know bout the boys as good as anybody since half of them are over at his house every other night eating up his groceries! He is one of the most supportive guys in EF with all the kids, whether they do athletics or not, and I want to thank him publicly for all his help with getting all the guys to the camp and back, Thank You BigED! and GO JACKETS!

bigdav... Thanks for the compliment!....I just want to thank you for putting the whole camp thing together and taking care of everything for us!... The boys and I want you to know how much we appreciated your hard work and time!.... I can't say that I'm an expert on football...never claimed to be, but I do indeed know these kids well....watched them grow up... laughed and cried with them....They are a good group of kids that really work hard and give their all!.... I am soooooo looking forward to seeing these kids on the field again!.....I think the camp helped them alot on different techniques.... They were all telling me things that they learned that they thought would help them this coming year.... Once again I want to thank you for the help you provide for our program!.... Now lets get ready to rumble!!...Go Jackets!!

I don't know exactly who will start. I do think it depends on what the offense does more of. I think if EF sticks with its I formation ( or whatever it is, the fullback is always moving around) I think it could be Macon or Tanner Davis. If EF goes to a different look like a one back look or even a spread look I would have to say the move in from mississippi. One other thing that I got from the staff last year is that they probablly put their second best back at fullback. Doesn't really have to be a physical player or a good blocker..........just someone who runs the trap well and catches the ball well on bootlegs. I know that the red headed kid could be the starter at fullback, it could also be the jones kid from beckville. I really don't think that either or them or really physical players but both have excellent size and speed.

Thanks for the info. The Jones boys I heard we're studs in Alto that went to Beckville last yr. to stay with their dad and he is a graduate at E.F. does anybody no what happen in Beckville cause I heard bad reviews why he wanted his boys in E.F.

Thanks for the info. The Jones boys I heard we're studs in Alto that went to Beckville last yr. to stay with their dad and he is a graduate at E.F. does anybody no what happen in Beckville cause I heard bad reviews why he wanted his boys in E.F.

Speaking of runningbacks does anybody know who are the leading canidates are how many backs we will have this yr I'm hearing several good ones please share?

Since we have a new running back coach this year it could be anybodys guess who will win out. My guess is that they will use several boys. I believe that the leading contenders will be L. Macon, B. Woods, T. Davis, T. Norman, C. Simmons, C. Williams (Mississippi), T. Jones (Beckville), J. Johnson.

Since we have a new running back coach this year it could be anybodys guess who will win out. My guess is that they will use several boys. I believe that the leading contenders will be L. Macon, B. Woods, T. Davis, T. Norman, C. Simmons, C. Williams (Mississippi), T. Jones (Beckville), J. Johnson.

My Bad! I forgot to mention N. Hall who is also in the running. Hopefully I have not left anyone else out.

I'm new to Smoaky.Com and I'm not trying to jump on E.F.'s bandwagon I just love East Tx. Football and to see a roster with only 1 Sr. on it with all these good athletes this could get exciting for football fans of E.F. good luck to you guys!

I talked to their dad and what was said they got mess over They have a lot of skills but was unable to use them n beckville by him being from Ef he no we take lots of pride n football Ef is were his boys told him they wanted to play for cause he did I no they going to b a good fit with Ef trust me on this they ready to play Elysian fields yellow jackets football

I have heard that Randall Wall and Clayton Stuart will both be returning to play. That could give us more help on the line. Last year I think we lost 2-3 linemen to injury. This could be some more good news EF fans, seems like it just keeps getting better.