Texas UIL Baseball Playoff Brackets

Guest 4to3

After looking at the 1A Bracket I noticed that Garrison was the only 3rd place team in a district in Region III to advance to the 2nd round. I think this speaks a lot about how tough their district was having to compete with Shelbyville, Douglas and Alto to just get in.

After looking at the 1A Bracket I noticed that Garrison was the only 3rd place team in a district to advance to the 2nd round. I think this speaks a lot about how tough their district was having to compete with Shelbyville, Douglas and Alto to just get in.

Probably one of the hardest districts for any classification around. That's great that they all made it past the first round it's just too bad only one can get out of the region.

Probably one of the hardest districts for any classification around. That's great that they all made it past the first round it's just too bad only one can get out of the region.

I will have to admit after making the playoffs in 2A last year in the district with Central Heights, Arp, Troup, Elkhart and Frankston the top half of this 1A district was almost as salty.

I have a feeling what ur going to say but... In 4A there is real competition unlike 2A. Go ahead a mouth off... We didnt make the playoff but we have played teams closer than yall and we beat Rusk, yall didnt. We were young and still competed in district. Maybe the wrong ones moved... But good luck!! Maybe the Dads out there will be proud of the Little League State Champs!!! Bought and paid for by transfer fees!!! LOL

I have a feeling what ur going to say but... In 4A there is real competition unlike 2A. Go ahead a mouth off... We didnt make the playoff but we have played teams closer than yall and we beat Rusk, yall didnt. We were young and still competed in district. Maybe the wrong ones moved... But good luck!! Maybe the Dads out there will be proud of the Little League State Champs!!! Bought and paid for by transfer fees!!! LOL

Actually buddy, I was nowhere near mouthing off. I just thought it was weird that that many underdogs could win against the top dogs in the first round. Maybe you should quit reading between the lines trying to look for things to pick at and cause drama and try to belittle. And for the record, I'm pretty sure we beat some teams y'all didn't. And I wouldn't put much stock in a warm up game on the road where we only gave up three hits but played bad enough to give up five runs. Besides, it's all about pitching match ups. Base running mistakes coupled with not hitting very well off an ace of staff usually equates in a loss. Plus you can't compare overall team strength by saying "we beat so and so and y'all didn't" because at the end of the day, people lose games because they don't show up to play and the other team does. You can't win them all. Even teams that win state or make deep playoff runs suffer losses to someone on the way, doesn't mean they're any less talented or less deserving. But go ahead and say what you will about transfers and blah and blah, whatever makes you feel better about never making playoffs in anything.

Yea, the rings are gonna be pretty expensive too. Also, I'm gonna be straight forward and say it, Central Heights would beat Nacogdoches. It's just too bad we'll never know. But what BlueHaze said... Go ahead, be mad about not making playoffs and put it on being young or being in 4a that is sooooo much more competitive than 2a. Cause we all know it's just because you or your kid is going to a losing school. Athletically sub-par and academically as well. Although I would be sour about those things as well.

C'mon man! No need for this. Besides, they don't have anything won yet. Gotta get through us!

On any given night a great team can suffer a loss...we are talking about 14-18 yr old kids still. There have been 2A's that could beat 4A's and the other way as well. The fact is you either are in the post season or not...both of which you have earned throughout the year..goodluck to all

• 2 years later...

What I don't like about the UIL brackets is they don't show the scores of the games. Just 2-0 if there is a sweep. I thought it was funny - Gunter beat Howe last week 9-2 and 11-0, the bracket says Gunter 2-0. A newspaper article in the Weatherford paper previewing Gunter-Brock says "Gunter edged Howe 2-0 in a one and done". In the old days the UIL bracket showed all the scores and was promptly updated. I think they are lazy now, don't really care that much.

What I don't like about the UIL brackets is they don't show the scores of the games. Just 2-0 if there is a sweep. I thought it was funny - Gunter beat Howe last week 9-2 and 11-0, the bracket says Gunter 2-0. A newspaper article in the Weatherford paper previewing Gunter-Brock says "Gunter edged Howe 2-0 in a one and done". In the old days the UIL bracket showed all the scores and was promptly updated. I think they are lazy now, don't really care that much.

They did go downhill. Is it to much to ask to have interactive brackets? Click on a team name and it brings up a roster, record, team pic, ect.