East Texas Jr high football out looks

Hows the future of East Texas football looking? what are your predictions for the 7th and 8th grade teams in your area? Are there any developing studs in your area that we all might need to keep a eye on?

There are several good 8th grade teams in "small" East Texas. Westwood and Palestine have alot of good athletes that show alot of promise on the football field. Elkhart has some good skilled players but not alot of size. Hopefully these three programs will show some hope for their future on the football field.

I know there is a pretty good group of 8th grades in Dekalb this year, but they will have to work hard to win district again this year. Paul Pewitt also has a good group with some size already that may turn out to have a few to watch once they get into high school. i know that they have one or two that will contribute to PP varsity as freshman next year. Hook lost there QB and fastest young man to LE this year and may have issues learning a new scheme, getting a new AD. New Boston's 8th grades have size and some talent so they will be fun to watch as well.

Their is a lot of talent in East Texas at the JR High level if we as parents can keep the young men focused.

There are two pains in life. There is the pain of discipline and the pain of disappointment. If you can handle the pain of discipline, then you’ll never have to deal with the pain of disappointment.” Nick Saban

There are several good 8th grade teams in "small" East Texas. Westwood and Palestine have alot of good athletes that show alot of promise on the football field. Elkhart has some good skilled players but not alot of size. Hopefully these three programs will show some hope for their future on the football field.

i agree - Westwoods 8th grade has size and speed - Hope it tranlates into a winning highschool team. A 5['10" 205 lbs lineman in 8th grade is a beast. a 5'10 205 lbs lineman in 12th grade is a linebacker.

• 1 month later...

Hoping for good things out of the Cardinals this year after going 6-3 last year with mostly 7th graders. Good coaches and solid skill position players and a fairly sizable line. I like our LBers and their ability to make some plays. New offense will take time but looking ok so far.

Most Jr highs start there season this week. Lets keep each other updateed on the scores and highlights of these games so we will be able to track these young men and their progress starting now. who know we may be able to say we hear or saw him back in Jr high when one of them recieves the Heisman.( forgive the spelling if wrong)

Winona's 7th grade team defeated Grand Saline 30-0 today in Winona. They were led by the running of D'undre Wheeler, Malik Owens, & Bryan McNown on offense and Tecorian Simmons and Chase Boyd on D. The defense put up a stellar effort in allowing 1 first down and negative yardage for the game. The offense was sharp as well, building a 24-0 lead after only the 1st quarter. Queen City is up next... I cant wait to see what this bunch does for an encore.

The Winona 8th graders were also victorious, winning 24-6 over the GS 8th. The difference makers were the hard running & aggressive play of FB/MLB Joseph Hart and the outside running of wing back Jeremiah Bolton.

Winona 7th grade beat Queen City 32-8 last night in Queen City. They did really well considering the wet field and sloppy conditions. Offensively, D Wheeler & Malik Owens ran all over the Bulldogs and Bryan McNown was a standout on defense and special teams. Next up for the youngest Wildcats are the Joaquin Rams on October 6th in Winona.

The Winona 8th graders fell last night to the Queen City Bulldogs 34-20. They played hard and did well but were unable to slow down #4 for QC- he was a monster. They will be facing Joaquin on October 6th next as well.

8th Grade

All Saints - 32

Frankston - 6

7th Grade

All Saints - 12

Frankston - 6

Wow... I'm really impressed with how A.S. 7th/8th are doing against teams from our district. I would really like to see how they would do against our team & Arp's 8th graders- who I believe to be the best 2 teams in the district at their respective levels...

Wow... I'm really impressed with how A.S. 7th/8th are doing against teams from our district. I would really like to see how they would do against our team & Arp's 8th graders- who I believe to be the best 2 teams in the district at their respective levels...

I too am curious about how the All Saints middle schoolers would fair against the better 2A public school teams. Our 8th graders haven't lost a game this year or last (hope I'm not jinxing them). I expect Brook Hill will give us another tough game this year. We will play Brownsboro again as well; they played us tough last year.

What school are you from?

I too am curious about how the All Saints middle schoolers would fair against the better 2A public school teams. Our 8th graders haven't lost a game this year or last (hope I'm not jinxing them). I expect Brook Hill will give us another tough game this year. We will play Brownsboro again as well; they played us tough last year.

What school are you from?

Winona. They have not been good in awhile but they have a new coach/AD that is a good guy & is committed to turning things around. Hopefully things will improve quickly for the varsity, but these current middle schoolers (6th/7th/8th) will definitely be a force when they get to high school. The 7th grade is 3-0, 8th is 2-1. Hearing how the other schools in our district have been doing, I am confident our 7th graders can be undefeated district champions. I am hopeful the 8th grade can win out as well, though they will have a tougher road to hoe.