2011 Deer Season

GloryBound

It's been dry and hot. What are your thoughts on the upcoming season? I had January and February pictures of some great deer from Wood County that made it through last season. Looks like the mast crop may not be as good as the past couple of years.

I think this year will be okay...critters of all kinds should be drawn to food plots/feeders with the lack of natural food sources due to the drought...

next year and subsequent seasons might see some problems with the low production of fawns and their survival rates that may be down due to drought.....

• 3 months later...

I think this year will be okay...critters of all kinds should be drawn to food plots/feeders with the lack of natural food sources due to the drought...

next year and subsequent seasons might see some problems with the low production of fawns and their survival rates that may be down due to drought.....

I've seen some nice bucks up here in Red River Co. Have a couple of bucks and several doe on my game cam over the past 30 days or so, that are in bad body condition. Some of the does may not make the winter. Have feeders going as fast as I can afford the corn and planted several acres of winter grazing for the deer.