Chapel Hill Bulldogs (2-0) at Carthage Bulldogs (1-1)

Stankylegg

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I added this topic so we could get a poll going. I know there is already a CH vs. Carthage thread, but I'm just curious how the general smoaky nation is picking this game.

CH defense did not look like a state championship defense, but last year vs. WH they did not look too good either. I believe WH is one of the most explosive offenses they will see all year. They need to do a better job of wrapping up on initial contact, and somebody has to replace Lee's knockout hitting. Carthage has three rings in three years, which means they know how to make adjustments and they find a way to win. Teams like that don't typically lose two games in a row, but it can happen. CH IMO was humbled a little bit last Thursday, and they saw that they still have a LONG way to go on both sides of the ball. Penalties could be the difference in this game, along with turnovers.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CH wins this one. I feel Carthage has a young QB that will need some time to work on his pass also Ch has the speed to take care of the run on the outside. I don't think the Carthage Qb ever made a run so he is not going to be a Hunter Taylor.

This game will be a great game you just never know what can happen! this is high school football. good luck to both teams

Chapel hill played the best offense IMO that they will see all season. Atleast until playoffs. I do believe Carthage will be ready but lack offensive fire power to hang with CH. I still believe Ch will win because Carthage cant stop the scoring. I do think Carthage is FINALLY in rebuild mode. Carthage will be pumped and rightfully so but ch will explode once again on offense and win big!

CH wins this one. I feel Carthage has a young QB that will need some time to work on his pass also Ch has the speed to take care of the run on the outside. I don't think the Carthage Qb ever made a run so he is not going to be a Hunter Taylor.

This game will be a great game you just never know what can happen! this is high school football. good luck to both teams

Yeah Carthage QB last night showed his green by not scanning for the best reciever and mostly locking in on the first option and missing others. Coach Surratt is probably one of the best QB coaches around and will get him up to snuff, just doubt it will be this week but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Yeah Carthage QB last night showed his green by not scanning for the best reciever and mostly locking in on the first option and missing others. Coach Surratt is probably one of the best QB coaches around and will get him up to snuff, just doubt it will be this week but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

You are totally wrong in your observation of the QB not scanning for the best receiver. Most of our passes were fade routes in 1 on 1 coverage. Yes, Bogenshutz didn't have a great night passing, but the WR's have to go and get the ball in 1 on 1 coverage. There were dropped passes, receivers running wrong routes, and not knowing where to line up.

You are totally wrong in your observation of the QB not scanning for the best receiver. Most of our passes were fade routes in 1 on 1 coverage. Yes, Bogenshutz didn't have a great night passing, but the WR's have to go and get the ball in 1 on 1 coverage. There were dropped passes, receivers running wrong routes, and not knowing where to line up.

If Bogenshutz is really the quarterback's name...that's awesome!! Danny Elzner said Onwuzu was the best name in east Texas, but Bogenshutz is better IMO!!!

On a more serious note, it sounds like a lot of people seem to think CHill will win this one because of their offense...but I'm not so sure. Carthage will come out with a vengeance, and if they get to Saenz a few times, he may get rattled like he did in December... Our defense HAS to step it up!! Yea yea, our offense scored over 130 points in the past two weeks...our defense allowed 72!!! That's morethan they allowed in all of their playoff games last year. We have too many returners to be playing the way we are. We have great coaches, but they can't play for them. I really hope we pull out a win, but almost think we need a huge loss to put us in our place like whitehouse did last year...

If Bogenshutz is really the quarterback's name...that's awesome!! Danny Elzner said Onwuzu was the best name in east Texas, but Bogenshutz is better IMO!!!

On a more serious note, it sounds like a lot of people seem to think CHill will win this one because of their offense...but I'm not so sure. Carthage will come out with a vengeance, and if they get to Saenz a few times, he may get rattled like he did in December... Our defense HAS to step it up!! Yea yea, our offense scored over 130 points in the past two weeks...our defense allowed 72!!! That's morethan they allowed in all of their playoff games last year. We have too many returners to be playing the way we are. We have great coaches, but they can't play for them. I really hope we pull out a win, but almost think we need a huge loss to put us in our place like whitehouse did last year...

The d is going to get better. But in the first game the first team d only gave up 7 points. They gave up 49 against a great offense. We replaced 5 starters on defense so they have some learning to do. the front line is doing their job, just got to get the db and lb to fill those gaps. But I know they will get it together and the dogs will be just fine. IMO the defense is getting better every week they work together and Offense is doing great right now. Last Thursday they started showing more of team work instead of individuals like i have been seeing, so that is a start in the right direction.

Just look at what the defense did against wh last year. Gave up 42. That same d went on to Arlington. Two weeks into the season is too early to compare to last year during the playoffs, and certainly no team in east Texas knows for sure just how good or bad they are just yet. Let's wait until the end of pre-district and see how they are playing, and then look again at the beginning of the playoffs. They will improve every week, as should every other team around.

I would like to get some opinions from the red dog fans. What happened last night? Can it get fixed easily? Any major injuries? Is lindale "that good?"

Very simple,a young inexperienced team went up against good Sr laden playoff team. There were mistakes made, bad reads, dropped #### etc. but thats part of the game. Lindale got the win and they deserved it. I look for the Eagles to make a long playoff run. The Yellow Dogs will present many of the same challenges that the Dawgs faced against Lindale so it will be good to see what type of adjustments are made this week. If the Dogs adjust and eliminate the mistakes it could be interesting. I felt that these 2 teams would be the strongest that the Dawgs would face.

Very simple,a young inexperienced team went up against good Sr laden playoff team. There were mistakes made, bad reads, dropped #### etc. but thats part of the game. Lindale got the win and they deserved it. I look for the Eagles to make a long playoff run. The Yellow Dogs will present many of the same challenges that the Dawgs faced against Lindale so it will be good to see what type of adjustments are made this. If the Dogs adjust and eliminate the mistakes it could be interesting. I felt that these 2 teams would be the strongest that the Dawgs would face.

They will make the adjustments needed over the next few weeks and get right back to where they were I bet. Teams like that don't stay average, they improve every week. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up making a game out of it against gilmer and Henderson. I also wouldn't be shocked if gilmer took that district this year. They also have a tendency to make the adjustments and get better.

Just look at what the defense did against wh last year. Gave up 42. That same d went on to Arlington. Two weeks into the season is too early to compare to last year during the playoffs, and certainly no team in east Texas knows for sure just how good or bad they are just yet. Let's wait until the end of pre-district and see how they are playing, and then look again at the beginning of the playoffs. They will improve every week, as should every other team around.

I must disagree. That's not the same defense. Larimee Lee made a big difference. And the team they are playing went to Arlington also and won it for the 3rd time in a row. I do think CHill must improve defensively to win it all. I know its early. Futhermore, I saw a post saying that Chill will face Center in the first round. I really doubt that. They will probably face an improved Jasper team.

Lee did make HUGE difference but I think with the quality of competition that sitton puts on our schedule will make us ready. I dont think we will benefit from our district with Athens and brownsboro struggling. Carthage will show us offense some good offensive plays as well as lindale

I must disagree. That's not the same defense. Larimee Lee made a big difference. And the team they are playing went to Arlington also and won it for the 3rd time in a row. I do think CHill must improve defensively to win it all. I know its early. Futhermore, I saw a post saying that Chill will face Center in the first round. I really doubt that. They will probably face an improved Jasper team.

IMO CH will be ok defensively. Lee was a major key on D but we can't keep looking at the past. If that's the case let's talk about Mathew Tucker, Terrance Murphy and Tremain Mack still. The past is the past. Were only two games into this season and two of the starting lbs didn't even play last yr so it will take time before the D clicks on all cylinders. Don't crucify this team with only two games into the season about the D. If anything let's praise the O for putting up bigger #'s so far and let's wait till the D starts to click and it will. Patience please.

IMO CH will be ok defensively. Lee was a major key on D but we can't keep looking at the past. If that's the case let's talk about Mathew Tucker, Terrance Murphy and Tremain Mack still. The past is the past. Were only two games into this season and two of the starting lbs didn't even play last yr so it will take time before the D clicks on all cylinders. Don't crucify this team with only two games into the season about the D. If anything let's praise the O for putting up bigger #'s so far and let's wait till the D starts to click and it will. Patience please.

Well said, I know the coaches will have them ready when it matters most. Pre District is just for that, get the players into the right positions for when it counts. I have faith in the D and the O. Let's go Dawgs!!