Chapel Hill Bulldogs (2-0) at Carthage Bulldogs (1-1)

Stankylegg

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, our quarterback is young and inexperienced. He is also an excellent student (learns quickly) and a great kid who does EXACTLY what he is told. I predict that Surratt will have him in top form in no time. Anyone who thinks that Carthage is down for the count, is counting their chickens before they hatch. Just sayin....

Yes, our quarterback is young and inexperienced. He is also an excellent student (learns quickly) and a great kid who does EXACTLY what he is told. I predict that Surratt will have him in top form in no time. Anyone who thinks that Carthage is down for the count, is counting their chickens before they hatch. Just sayin....

We shall see in 3 days when CH comes into Carthage.

People have been naysaying and underestimating Carthage for the last two years, ever since we won our first State Championship. I can't tell you how many times we've all heard how we can't/won't do anything this year/next year without this star or that star who graduated. Two QB's, three RB's, three championships. One Coach: Scott Surratt. He's the biggest star and the one constant. The man knows how to win. That's all I'm saying. Even if we lose a couple of games early in the season, we win when it counts.

We shall see in 3 days when CH comes into Carthage.

there will be changes made this week for carthage to help the young quarterback and to help the defense

they will play better and should give chapell hill a run, but this is still preseason and the games are to make these teams better

i think at this piont ch is futher along than carthage but the playoff are what is important and we see how both teams come along

there will be changes made this week for carthage to help the young quarterback and to help the defense

they will play better and should give chapell hill a run, but this is still preseason and the games are to make these teams better

i think at this piont ch is futher along than carthage but the playoff are what is important and we see how both teams come along

I couldn't agree more about preseason games.

I must disagree. That's not the same defense. Larimee Lee made a big difference. And the team they are playing went to Arlington also and won it for the 3rd time in a row. I do think CHill must improve defensively to win it all. I know its early. Futhermore, I saw a post saying that Chill will face Center in the first round. I really doubt that. They will probably face an improved Jasper team.

I don't think you even read what I wrote. I stated that people couldn't expect the defense to be the same as they were in the playoffs last year. You stated that you disagreed and then talked of how they will get better, which is basically what I meant by saying you can't judge how good a team is in the first couple of weeks.

It's no different than when Carthage came to town last year. They sent look like a state chapionship team, but they continually got better EVERY week. That program knows how to win, and knows how to make needed changes in order to do that. You don't get three rings not being able to graduate and grow.

People have been naysaying and underestimating Carthage for the last two years, ever since we won our first State Championship. I can't tell you how many times we've all heard how we can't/won't do anything this year/next year without this star or that star who graduated. Two QB's, three RB's, three championships. One Coach: Scott Surratt. He's the biggest star and the one constant. The man knows how to win. That's all I'm saying. Even if we lose a couple of games early in the season, we win when it counts.

My thoughts exactly.

Surratt didn't get where he's at without knowing what he's doing

Lion70 thanks! I wish henderson would at least upgrade the visitors side of ya'lls stadium. There's hardly anything that would keep me from seeing a carthage/henderson game, sitting in those stands is almost enough...the walkway in front of the first row is simply ridiculous how wide is it? Like a foot? lol

Sure is quite for what I think will be a great game. I wish we had everyone healthy but they will come together soon.

There would probably be a lot more talk if Carthage had won last week. Their fans are a little shaken up, and chapel hill fans know the potential Carthage has, so they don't want to talk too much smack either.

There would probably be a lot more talk if Carthage had won last week. Their fans are a little shaken up, and chapel hill fans know the potential Carthage has, so they don't want to talk too much smack either.

I think it is out of respect that chapel hill is not smack talking Carthage. But IMO 75% of chapel hill fans think we will go in and win big.