Hallsville @ Chapel Hill

unclejohn

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its going to be very tough! It seems lindale had there hands full with hallsville. I think we will win but we really need sir and Rex playing. I think Rex would open up our Playbook and take ALOT of pressure off Tucker, kincade and so on. All this said chapel hill wins their first home game by 21

Ankle and hamstring injury. I'm sure their at the sports clinic now so I'll post later the extent of the injures if I find out.

Saenz is out for the year, he just called me and said it's broke. Tucker is out 3-4 weeks with his hamstring. We have got to get others to step up and lead this team if we expect to go anywhere. I think Kincaid stepped up last night but we need this every game from every player. We get Sir and Rex back but the back bones of this team are out. Please pray for a quick recovery for these kids.

Saenz is out for the year, he just called me and said it's broke. Tucker is out 3-4 weeks with his hamstring. We have got to get others to step up and lead this team if we expect to go anywhere. I think Kincaid stepped up last night but we need this every game from every player. We get Sir and Rex back but the back bones of this team are out. Please pray for a quick recovery for these kids.

Yeah Saenz is out 8-10 weeks. 8 weeks in a cast and 2 weeks of therapy. Second rd of playoffs is the earliest he'll see the field if were in the playoffs then. The team can rally with Kincaide though he's more athletic so we should be ok till Avery comes back.

Yeah Saenz is out 8-10 weeks. 8 weeks in a cast and 2 weeks of therapy. Second rd of playoffs is the earliest he'll see the field if were in the playoffs then. The team can rally with Kincaide though he's more athletic so we should be ok till Avery comes back.

The next three games will be tough ones without Saenz. But we really don't need to win them imo, We just need to get thru district and thru the first round so Saenz can come back and lead his team on.

The next three games will be tough ones without Saenz. But we really don't need to win them imo, We just need to get thru district and thru the first round so Saenz can come back and lead his team on.

I agree. If anything work on Anthonys pass to button it up and take care of the rb's these next 3 games. I was really impressed with the D last night especially the LB's without Tucker. They grew up last night. The whole team did to pull out a close win in Carthage non the less.

I don't what kind of Kool-Aide ya'll are drinking over there, but when your starting QB goes down and won't be back for 10 wks., the team is going to suffer big time. I don't care how good the back-up may be. This is high school level football, and a good team with a good QB will give you all you can handle every week. It's already been established your D is not that good. Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is seriously bad news for CH this season. Good luck to the coaching staff and team, but I've seen it happen too many times before at this level. This will be a tough road for CH from here on out. Not wishing anything bad, but just stating a realistic viewpoint.

I don't what kind of Kool-Aide ya'll are drinking over there, but when your starting QB goes down and won't be back for 10 wks., the team is going to suffer big time. I don't care how good the back-up may be. This is high school level football, and a good team with a good QB will give you all you can handle every week. It's already been established your D is not that good. Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is seriously bad news for CH this season. Good luck to the coaching staff and team, but I've seen it happen too many times before at this level. This will be a tough road for CH from here on out. Not wishing anything bad, but just stating a realistic viewpoint.

Agree... Saenz is the team leader and a championship caliber QB, CH has a tough road to follow... Good luck.

I don't think anyone from Chapel Hill thinks it will be smooth sailing without Saenz, but our defense stepped up when it mattered last night. Kincaide is one of the most all around athletic guys I've ever seen, and he is more than capable of stepping up. It will be a different type of offense and we may not put up 70 points each week, but I don't think Sarnz being out means we are done for. Patrick Day proved in the Westwood game that he has skills has quarterback also, so our coaches have options. We were tied 7-7 when Saenz and Tucker went out, which means Kincaide led the team to a victory in Carthage's stadium, something I think he should be congratulated for!

Now for this thread...I think it should be a great game. Hallsville will probably come in fired up because they remember last year. We are in pain because of injuries now, but we caused that pain for them last year. They were not able to bounce back after several of their players were injured against us. I hope Chapel Hill pulls out a win and shows everyone the heart they have, but it definitely won't be easy!!

I don't what kind of Kool-Aide ya'll are drinking over there, but when your starting QB goes down and won't be back for 10 wks., the team is going to suffer big time. I don't care how good the back-up may be. This is high school level football, and a good team with a good QB will give you all you can handle every week. It's already been established your D is not that good. Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is seriously bad news for CH this season.

Good luck to the coaching staff and team, but I've seen it

happen too many times before at this level. This will be a

tough road for CH from here on out. Not wishing anything

bad, but just stating a realistic viewpoint.

I agree it will be a up hill battle but are starting qb is a typical qb were he puts the ball on ur numbers as were the back up qb is a more athleticlly gifted qb who can run like the wind but will need to work on his passing abilities. It's no different from what alot of hs teams do as starting the most athletic kid at the qb position. Yes I would rather have Saenz as r qb but the season is not lost with Kincaide as the starter now. Heck he broke for a td on his first touch last night. The D stepped up big last night regardless of what the scoreboard says. IF we beat Hallsville,Lindale and Center I hope everybody will lay of the D. They played a good game with Tucker(leader of the D) out last night. Plus we have Sir coming back and him and Morehead will cause fits to any qb or rb. We have to take it week by week just like we normally do. One game at a time.

Sorry to hear about y'alls QB and the others injured praying for quick recovery. i know y'all will do good. rooting for district 17-3a

bulldogs take this one

35-14

Seinz bring injured is a huge blow to our team. Im not pointing fingers but I do think it was bad play calling. He is not a running Qb and ran 2 plays on a row. The second play we all know what happened. I just think there is way to much talent around seinz ti risk him running the ball needlessly! I still think we have enough talented players to overcome this. We should still win our district and do well in the playoffs! With sir and especially Rex coming back I believe IMO ch is still the team to beat in 3a. Game plan just changed ALOT! This team is full of heart and will rally around kincade.

Seinz bring injured is a huge blow to our team. Im not pointing fingers but I do think it was bad play calling. He is not a running Qb and ran 2 plays on a row. The second play we all know what happened. I just think there is way to much talent around seinz ti risk him running the ball needlessly! I still think we have enough talented players to overcome this. We should still win our district and do well in the playoffs! With sir and especially Rex coming back I believe IMO ch is still the team to beat in 3a. Game plan just changed ALOT! This team is full of heart and will rally around kincade.

I agree with your point about running QB with all the talented WR's and RB's.

Sorry to hear about any injury to any teams player. Henderson lost a defensive starter the first week in Mt. Pleasant. Kids work hard all year and its tough to see them go down. With this said, Chapel Hill has enough good players to still be very good and win their district. Just when the QB will return is always a question mark but I am sure Chapel Hill will still be playing and welcome his return. Unfortunately, injuries are a part of the game but we wish the kid speedy recovery and best wishes.

Congratulations on the big win in Carthage last Friday night-the backup must have done a good job when he was called on. Still hoping the Bulldogs and Lions can make it back to Cowboy Stadium again at the end of the season. Its a long way off for both teams but we can "dream" of another matchup-sure was fun for two good programs. Keep your heads up Chapel Hill as you have lots of good players-you will miss him (as any starter going out) but I believe the team will keep going on strong.The other kids have too much to play for and will rally together .

I agree CH is still the team to beat in 3a. Passing will slow a little but now our running will be better. Kincade in the backfield will add a running back/he has some serious speed. I say this if this is even the route coaches choose to go with. The coaches have other options. 1. Let Kincade lead the team. 2. Put Kincade back as reciever and let Day move from reciever and qb OR 3. Pull up sophmore off jv QB (Lex) and leave all recievers the same. I personally like option 3. This kid could get some experience and he already knows all the plays. He has a great arm and seems pretty smart.

Coaches have a lot to think about.

I agree CH is still the team to beat in 3a. Passing will slow a little but now our running will be better. Kincade in the backfield will add a running back/he has some serious speed. I say this if this is even the route coaches choose to go with. The coaches have other options. 1. Let Kincade lead the team. 2. Put Kincade back as reciever and let Day move from reciever and qb OR 3. Pull up sophmore off jv QB (Lex) and leave all recievers the same. I personally like option 3. This kid could get some experience and he already knows all the plays. He has a great arm and seems pretty smart.

I haven't seen the jv kid but that might be a great idea. I just think kincade is way to lethal as a receiver. If the jv kid is the bulldogs future it would really benefit him to get the reps in. Chapel hill can still win district with one arm tied behind there back! Seinz should be ready to go by playoffs. Once Rex is back I think alot of pressure is off alot of people.

Kincaide will do great as qb. Maybe move lex up as a back up and give some playing time but not just in case we have another injury since we seem to be injury prone this year.

You know life is good when you say we'll be fine til our starting QB gets back.......10 weeks from now, lol. I wish both of these guys a speed recovery....hope to see CH make an appearance at the title game again.

You know life is good when you say we'll be fine til our starting QB gets back.......10 weeks from now, lol. I wish both of these guys a speed recovery....hope to see CH make an appearance at the title game again.

Every team has to wish to be playing a long season even if you don't have a chance. I really think Kincaide will do a good job and we have a very weak district except for Athens. We just need to make it to second round and then Saenz should be back. I really hope we make another state game appearance.

I think ch will be fine. Defense wins championships. They will miss Saenz, but there are a lot of playmakers on that team. It's not like Saenz was/is the only weapon. They will still go to the playoffs as the undefeated district champs and they will beat center or Jasper inthe first round. Saenz will rest like he is supposed to and not push it and be back. This is what I hope and think will happen. As far as the coaches calling bad plays and causing saenz to get hurt. I have seen more qb's get hurt from a blind side sack while trying to pass than I have from running downfield and being tackled. It was a freak injury and they are just part of the game. That's what sets football apart from any other sport. The severity and likelihood of a season ending injury goes way way up when you strap on pads and tell young men to hit each other as hard and often as they can. Ch will be fine. These coaches have their stuff together.

I bet it's heck in hallsville trying to prepare their defense for ch's offense. The offensive coordinator seems to be creative with the talent at ch. Think about it. They have no idea who will be lined up behind center on Friday. Will it be Kincaid? Day? Lex? I don't think anyone know for sure until monday and then, if its Kincaid you can't expect to see the same play that was displayed Friday night because they will be in preparation all week for it. If it's day they will get to leave Kincaid at receiver and if it's lex they will ge to leave Kincaid and day at receiver. And with day or lex starting at qb, they would be setting themselves up for a veteran qb to take the lead next year. I watched lex thursday night and he has a great arm and he has a very smart/calm demeanor about him.

I know the world doesn't revolve around my wants and desires, but it would be awesome if whomever decides they want to be the one to start up the weekly game thread between ch and the big bad opponent would put a poll up for smoaky users to vote on. I just like to see the "smoaky voting spread"