Hallsville @ Chapel Hill

unclejohn

I know the world doesn't revolve around my wants and desires, but it would be awesome if whomever decides they want to be the one to start up the weekly game thread between ch and the big bad opponent would put a poll up for smoaky users to vote on. I just like to see the "smoaky voting spread"

I also like to see a pole.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think ch will be fine. Defense wins championships. They will miss Saenz, but there are a lot of playmakers on that team. It's not like Saenz was/is the only weapon. They will still go to the playoffs as the undefeated district champs and they will beat center or Jasper inthe first round. Saenz will rest like he is supposed to and not push it and be back. This is what I hope and think will happen. As far as the coaches calling bad plays and causing saenz to get hurt. I have seen more qb's get hurt from a blind side sack while trying to pass than I have from running downfield and being tackled. It was a freak injury and they are just part of the game. That's what sets football apart from any other sport. The severity and likelihood of a season ending injury goes way way up when you strap on pads and tell young men to hit each other as hard and often as they can. Ch will be fine. These coaches have their stuff together.

That sums it up. Very well said!

I want Kincaide to start but I'd want them to bring up Lex from jv as the #2. Plus it would benefit for next yr if Lex is brought up already as the #2. I'd say go head and let him have some reps even on varsity just to get his feet wet. I talked to him at the WW game and he seemed like a good kid. Does Day have any real experience at qb or did the coaching staff put him just for the heck of it? Day and Lex are 10th graders I beleive so that would tell me Lex would fit in better since he's been qb for awhile now.

What do y'all think?

I know the world doesn't revolve around my wants and desires, but it would be awesome if whomever decides they want to be the one to start up the weekly game thread between ch and the big bad opponent would put a poll up for smoaky users to vote on. I just like to see the "smoaky voting spread"

My bad. Lol. I'm on a mobile and can't start a poll only a topic or atleast I don't see were to start the poll. Next time I'll wait for one y'all to start it. I just didn't want to continue talking about CH vs Hallsville on the Carthage thread. If one of y'all want to start a new poll- thread please do. My vote goes to CH.

My bad. Lol. I'm on a mobile and can't start a poll only a topic or atleast I don't see were to start the poll. Next time I'll wait for one y'all to start it. I just didn't want to continue talking about CH vs Hallsville on the Carthage thread. If one of y'all want to start a new poll- thread please do. My vote goes to CH.

NBD. I don't think mobile will let user start a poll. I know I can't on my phone, but on a computer it will let me.

I agree CH is still the team to beat in 3a. Passing will slow a little but now our running will be better. Kincade in the backfield will add a running back/he has some serious speed. I say this if this is even the route coaches choose to go with. The coaches have other options. 1. Let Kincade lead the team. 2. Put Kincade back as reciever and let Day move from reciever and qb OR 3. Pull up sophmore off jv QB (Lex) and leave all recievers the same. I personally like option 3. This kid could get some experience and he already knows all the plays. He has a great arm and seems pretty smart.

Coaches have a lot to think about.

Option#1

I wonder if playing QB would affect Kincade getting a scholarship playing WR?

Not one bit. Actually it will help his cause since he's an all around athlete. I "heard" he got offered by a D1 school at the Carthage game but I was so caught up in the game I forgot to ask what school it was. As much as I want Sir to come back I say let him rest more. I wouldn't bring him back till district play if it were up to me. Need him healthy for a playoff run IMO.

Not one bit. Actually it will help his cause since he's an all around athlete. I "heard" he got offered by a D1 school at the Carthage game but I was so caught up in the game I forgot to ask what school it was. As much as I want Sir to come back I say let him rest more. I wouldn't bring him back till district play if it were up to me. Need him healthy for a playoff run IMO.

He has 2 offers so far

I wouldn't think twice about kincade leading this team. He's got to the house speed , just like what he did against carthage , he will hurt you with the pass. I will agree he's not Avery but he's a playmaker. As for as the other kids day and jv qb lex haven't seen them yet other than Westwood game when day had a nice pass for td . And for moving up jv qb is for to premature of a move at this point.