Hallsville @ Chapel Hill

unclejohn

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't think twice about kincade leading this team. He's got to the house speed , just like what he did against carthage , he will hurt you with the pass. I will agree he's not Avery but he's a playmaker. As for as the other kids day and jv qb lex haven't seen them yet other than Westwood game when day had a nice pass for td . And for moving up jv qb is for to premature of a move at this point.

Agreed

After having a great passing game against Pleasant Grove it struggled against Lindale. I think having a bye week took some momentum away. Anyway, Hallsville will come to play. Not sure if any personnel changes have been made this week. The number 2 QB came in late last week. Hallsville's defense will continue to improve. They are the strength of the team. The team is made up of primarily underclassmen so they are still learning particularly since they have a new DC this year. Still waiting on the OL to gel. I wish that I could make a bold prediction but with kids you never know. Last year Hallsville came in on a roll and left with a lot of injuries that affected them for the rest of the year. Not sure what impact the injury situation will have with CH. If Hallsville's defense plays up to its ability and the O shows a little life I see a good game.

Hallsville Fans are too snooty to get on Smoaky. I live in Hallsville and can say the fans here are less than enthusiastic about High School Football. The football games here are a social event!

The girls athletic program is awesome though!

Snooty is not a descriptive word that I would use. Apathetic or cynical maybe but certainly not snooty.

Hallsville's defense is fairly strong, but the offense is lacking in imagination. They are too predictable and the speed is just not there. They have lots of size and a different offense would certainly suit them better. The kids can only play with the cards they are dealt. You just never know what is going to show up, the A game or the B game. JMO

I would say you are correct, but you have to admit it is a social scene. By snooty I mean that they tend to snub their collective noses at football in favor of being seen.

quote name='Hookemhorns88' timestamp='1315962939' post='1577085']

Snooty is not a descriptive word that I would use. Apathetic or cynical maybe but certainly not snooty.

Who are their scoring threats this year, and who seems to make the plays on defense?

Seth Glezen and Darian (sp) Gilmore, both are receivers and are capable of taking it all of the way. Both have good speed especially Glezen.

BJ Wilder is a good possession receiver.

On defense Coby Bradford has a strong upside at the end. Steven Godwin is strong in the middle of the line.

Ferrell and Daily were already mentioned.

Heard there may be a couple of changes this week in some positions which is exciting. I will not comment since it is not confirmed.

Seth Glezen and Darian (sp) Gilmore, both are receivers and are capable of taking it all of the way. Both have good speed especially Glezen.

BJ Wilder is a good possession receiver.

On defense Coby Bradford has a strong upside at the end. Steven Godwin is strong in the middle of the line.

Ferrell and Daily were already mentioned.

Heard there may be a couple of changes this week in some positions which is exciting. I will not comment since it is not confirmed.

Thanks for the info hookem