Quarterbacks Better Than Tony Romo

DaveTV1

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. Cowboys vs Rams. Snap goes over Romo's head and rolls back approximately 35 yards. Romo gets the ball, turns it into a first down (by running the ball) and then scores a TD on that drive.

That play was done on September 30, 2007. That was almost 4 years ago. How elite is a quarterback when you have to go back 4 years to come up with one of his exceptional plays?

That play was done on September 30, 2007. That was almost 4 years ago. How elite is a quarterback when you have to go back 4 years to come up with one of his exceptional plays?

I believe that was "just off the top of his head." on his good plays. Romo did sit out almost an entire year last year as well, so technically, 3 years if that was the case.

For arguments sake: Give me 1 exceptional play that Philip Rivers or Tom Brady has done....no stats, just exceptional plays like the one he just gave for Romo. I'm not saying Romo is better than these too, not at all!! Just wondering about the plays....I can name stats better all day long for those 2 haha

LOL. Cowboys vs Rams. Snap goes over Romo's head and rolls back approximately 35 yards. Romo gets the ball, turns it into a first down (by running the ball) and then scores a TD on that drive. Romo dodged a ferocious pass rush against the Falcons to throw a TD pass in the endzone. Just off the top of my head. Now then, about what Brady did last week. He was playing against the Dolphins, not exactly a vaunted defense. But since you brought Brady up in this thread, what did Brady do against this same Jets defense last season in the playoffs? was it better than Romo?

If so, please post stats to support. If you don't, then it means your argument got squashed....

Again.

There you go with meaningless stats again. Stats don't win games...surely your aren't so stupid that you think numbers win games. Like I said before, if you want to hang on to Romo stats that awesome. It makes me happy and gives me a little entertainment on in this forum.

Got us into the playoffs in 2006 when we weren't going to be there otherwise.

NFC East Titles in 2007 and 2009.

You can read can't you?

You just dont' get it do you??? Who cares about winning a division? There is a hump that Romo cannot get over. WOW...he won a playoff game. Did you go to walmart and buy a "Dallas Cowboys" wild card champions tee shirt???

You make a very good point. One that most sane people will understand. Unfortunately......not all of us around here are sane.

Our perception is skewed?

What has Ryan, Schaub, Stafford, Flacco, Vick, Kolb, Bradford, Sanchez, Cutler, Freeman, Eli Manning, and Newton done to be considered elite?

LOL. What discards many on this list is the same "criteria" you used to attempt to list them in the first place.

The fact that you guys can't come up with a legitimate 15 much less 10 QB's to prove your point is your problem and not ours.

However, stats prove our claim, which is why the anti-Romo fans are having the tough time.

I didn't say they were elite ~ simply that an arguement could be made for any of them over Romo when hypothetically starting a franchise......My point was simply that when a reasonable debate can be presented for 18 QBs versus your boy ~ HE isn't elite........Romo isn't our problem, as a cow fan - he is yours.....Romo hasn't done anything to be considered a top tier QB in this league......

There you go with meaningless stats again. Stats don't win games...surely your aren't so stupid that you think numbers win games. Like I said before, if you want to hang on to Romo stats that awesome. It makes me happy and gives me a little entertainment on in this forum.

LOL. You asked for some plays and I gave them to you. NOW you want to get upset because I gave you what you asked for. Meaningless stats? stats don't win games? But yet, everytime we bring up Brees, stats are what you base your opinion on. I just love your double standards. By the way, isn't Brees and the Saints 0-2 in his last two games?

You just dont' get it do you??? Who cares about winning a division? There is a hump that Romo cannot get over. WOW...he won a playoff game. Did you go to walmart and buy a "Dallas Cowboys" wild card champions tee shirt???

Funny, the knock on him USED to be that he couldn't win a playoff game. He led the Cowboys to a playoff victory over the Eagles in 2009 and yet, here we are...still knocking the guy. Still calling him a horrible QB because he hasn't led us to the Super Bowl yet. Sheesh.

If Brees hadn't led the Saints to the Super Bowl in 2009, would you be calling him a terrible QB?

LOL. You asked for some plays and I gave them to you. NOW you want to get upset because I gave you what you asked for. Meaningless stats? stats don't win games? But yet, everytime we bring up Brees, stats are what you base your opinion on. I just love your double standards. By the way, isn't Brees and the Saints 0-2 in his last two games?

Can you go find ANY stats that I have posted on here? No you can't. You're not a very strong reader are you? Secondly, isn't Romo like 0-7 in his last 7 starts? Great point there fella. Oh, and if you find any stats I've posted feel free to bring them up. You won't find any though.

Funny, the knock on him USED to be that he couldn't win a playoff game. He led the Cowboys to a playoff victory over the Eagles in 2009 and yet, here we are...still knocking the guy. Still calling him a horrible QB because he hasn't led us to the Super Bowl yet. Sheesh.

If Brees hadn't led the Saints to the Super Bowl in 2009, would you be calling him a terrible QB?

No, and not many other people would either. Brees is in the media....sure. But its for good things that he does with his spare time. Not the quick get away vacations with bimbos while he should be preparing for a game.

I didn't say they were elite ~ simply that an arguement could be made for any of them over Romo when hypothetically starting a franchise......My point was simply that when a reasonable debate can be presented for 18 QBs versus your boy ~ HE isn't elite........Romo isn't our problem, as a cow fan - he is yours.....Romo hasn't done anything to be considered a top tier QB in this league......

Okay, I'll bite. What does Romo have to do to be considered a top tier QB in this league?

No, and not many other people would either.<---Not the criteria you presented. The thread is QB's better than Romo. Not what people do outside the game. But nice try. I can just sense the desperation in your posts. Brees is in the media....sure. But its for good things that he does with his spare time. Not the quick get away vacations with bimbos while he should be preparing for a game.

Well then, that would eliminate Tom Brady because of his vacations and bimbos.

That eliminates Michael Vick because of the dog killing.

That eliminates Big Ben because of the allegations and accidents.

So had they not led their teams to super bowls, they would be considered terrible QB's?

Can you go find ANY stats that I have posted on here? No you can't. You're not a very strong reader are you? Secondly, isn't Romo like 0-7 in his last 7 starts? Great point there fella. Oh, and if you find any stats I've posted feel free to bring them up. You won't find any though.

LOL. Then what makes Brees an elite QB in your opinion? And please, don't use stats there BayouBengal since you have made your opinion about Brees being elite without them.

This is going to get fun folks.

The Cows are 1-6 in Romo's last 7 starts ~ so don't go there.........

The Cows are 1-6 in Romo's last 7 starts ~ so don't go there.........

Umm, you seem to forget that Dallas was leading the Giants when Romo went down to injury. So one of those 6 losses goes to Kitna. Just pointing that out.

I'm also just pointing out that the elite QB pointed out by BayouBengal is 0-2 in his last two starts.

Produce consistently under pressure, in big moments, and make his teammates better......

Romo hasn't produced consistently under pressure?

Was not the playoff victory against the Eagles in 2009 a big moment? Was not winning the NFC East in 2007 and 2009 not big moments? Was not just getting into the playoffs in 2006 a big moment?

He doesn't make his team mates better? for all of the success that Dallas has had since Romo took over in 2006, what real money players has he had other than Jason Witten and Terrell Owens? Did he not make Miles Austin better? Patrick Crayton? Sam Hurd? etc. etc.

Heck, Dallas wasn't even a playoff team in 2006 until Romo took over. But, whatever. I guess you're going to tell me that Bledsoe was going to take Dallas to the playoffs in 2006.

Romo is #1 on wearing stupid looking hats....that's for sure. I don't "study" all of those stats like alot of gurus who feel they have to prove Romo (since he obviously cannot prove himself). My list was based on my observations and opinion in regards to who gets the job done more often than not. And in my opinion, Romo does not, and has rarely gotten the job done. I never see Romo do anything like Brady did last week. I never see Romo on highlights doing anything spectacular. Based on that type of logic, any quarterback who just doesn't go "lose" the game is better than Romo.

All stats are for is an objective look at performance over a period of time. It cannot be subjectively misconstrued that Romo throws less 4th quarter picks than Rodgers and Brees. So you see, stats PROVE Romo's ability and dis-prove the myth that he's far more error-prone that other top 5 quarterbacks.

You still haven't suggested any sort of criteria for "getting the job done" that doesn't include ESPN highlights. Let me help. Correlation to winning, from the smallest sample to an entire career, can best be summed by Yards Per Attempt (ColdHardFootballFacts.com) and Passer Rating. Once a quarterback exceeds the average in these two categories, he is "getting the job done" enough to make the Super Bowl.

This does not mean that it WILL happen. Super Bowl teams, as an axiom that's is rarely noticed, need a pass defense. Top of the league pass defense.

You've used false logic in assuming that because you haven't seen Romo highlights as often as you've seen Brady highlights, that it equates to "getting the job done". You've inferred, not reasoned.

Since you've brought up Brady, let's use this example. Despite Brady "getting the job done", why has his team made early exits from the playoffs the last few years? Why has Brady "choked" against those teams? If you answered that his pass defense is absymal, then you've stumbled upon some logic. Brady hasn't returned to the SB since his pass defense fell off a cliff. Regardless of how good he is, he won't return until he gets a pass defense.

Subjective assumptions by what you, personally, have seen is faulty logic. How would you determine quarterback Ken Anderson was any good? Surely not by highlights on ESPN. However, you could determine quite a bit by seeing he had one of the best Yards Per Attempt of any quarterback before Modern Era.

Ronnie Brown?

I went back and waited for the 7 minutes to expire, and I missed Ronnie Brown and Mike Vick because I typed Michael Vick.

Here is their list:

1. Peyton Manning - We saw what Houston did to Indy without him.

2. Tom Brady - Who wouldn't want him as their quarterback ?

3. Drew Brees - Written off by S.D., then keeps producing and has a ring for one of the worst franchises ever.

4. Ben Rothlisberger - Regardless of his off the field sexual hangups, he has produced two Super Bowls.

5. Joe Flacco - Has been in the league only 3 years, and has done more in the playoffs than Romo.

6. Aaron Rodgers - Many have him projected to be the NFL MVP after a Super Bowl win last year.

7. Philip Rivers - Under a horrible Head Coach, he's done wonders.

8. Eli Manning - That Super Bowl ring shines brighter than any stats put up by many quarterbacks.

9. Matt Ryan - Still young, but is progressing even with the setback against Da Bears last weekend.

10. Mark Sanchez - Two years in the league and back to back AFC Championships.

11. Matt Schaub - Still showing far more talent than Romo.

12. Davad Garrard - I seriously doubt this, but I was typing in starting quarterbacks.

13. Jay Cutler - On par with Romo, in my opinion.

Well then, that would eliminate Tom Brady because of his vacations and bimbos.

That eliminates Michael Vick because of the dog killing.

That eliminates Big Ben because of the allegations and accidents.

So had they not led their teams to super bowls, they would be considered terrible QB's?

Great point!!!!!!!!!! The people that are bashing him are not Cowboy fans. True FANS shake their heads still at him, but we still believe in the team. If he goes and wins a SB or two where will he be in the eyes.

But to trash him and say he is not a leader- which I doubt any of us on here know what goes on in the locker room, is just wrong. You don't know him, and to keep bringing up the vacation is trash. Was I mad, he AND WITTEN did that. HELL YES. But their coach did tell them to get out of town and get away from football for a few days.

And to tell me anyone wouldn't go to beach with that "bimbo" you must have a real man crush on Brees.