James Bowie vs. Overton

pirate4ever

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know anything about JB... what's their record, who've they played?

James Bowie :

Lost to Harleton (2A DII 3-2) 14-22

Beat Winona (2A DII 1-4) 41-7

Lost to Prairiland (2A DII 3-2) 7-33

Beat Beckville (1A DII 1-5 ) 39-0

Lost to Waskom (2A DII 5-0)20-26

Overton:

Beat Cayuga (1A DI 2-3) 32-14

Lost to Union Grove (2A DII 2-3) 6-26

Lost to Mt Enterprise (1A DII 5-0) 18-44

Beat Cushing (1A DII 1-4)50-14

Beat Sabine (2A DI 0-5) 40-29

v

I usually don't complain about officiating....but that was the worst called game I have seen in many a year....a block in back that allowed a 35 yard run from deep in Overton territory...4th down and a clear block in the back that allowed Bowie to score it's second TD....a non-call on a face mask against Bowie (like to took the carrier's head off) on a 3rd down play...this was the side judge on Overton side who missed all these calls....a terrible spot on a 4th down pass by side judge on Bowie side, player clearly had the forward progress a good 2 feet pass the needed yardage...Now Overton had some chances but these calls by the side judge were killers.....Overton was also hurt not having their leading rusher out with an injury that occurred during practice.....I know that the officials shouldn't be that big a factor...but this was a terrible called game.....I am shocked by how bad this crew was....that's what you get in 1A ball though sometimes...I repeat, I have not seen so bad a called game in many a year...Bowie is not that good...

Credit to James Bowie for a hard fought game, their players played hard and stayed at it 'til the end... but I have to echo Ronster's remarks, I've never seen such a ridiculously one-sidedly mediocre performance by a crew of referees.

I believe wholeheartedly in the old adage that a good team should never let a bad call determine a win or a loss, but the referees repeatedly made questionable calls that hindered Overton's efforts and gave James Bowie a decided advantage when the game was on the line.

I usually don't complain about officiating....but that was the worst called game I have seen in many a year....a block in back that allowed a 35 yard run from deep in Overton territory...4th down and a clear block in the back that allowed Bowie to score it's second TD....a non-call on a face mask against Bowie (like to took the carrier's head off) on a 3rd down play...this was the side judge on Overton side who missed all these calls....a terrible spot on a 4th down pass by side judge on Bowie side, player clearly had the forward progress a good 2 feet pass the needed yardage...Now Overton had some chances but these calls by the side judge were killers.....Overton was also hurt not having their leading rusher out with an injury that occurred during practice.....I know that the officials shouldn't be that big a factor...but this was a terrible called game.....I am shocked by how bad this crew was....that's what you get in 1A ball though sometimes...I repeat, I have not seen so bad a called game in many a year...Bowie is not that good...

I hear this from someone that was on the sideline - " A James Bowie lineman lays on one of our players and calls him the "n word" and they get a 5-yard flag for delay."

I did see this Bowie player, weighed perhaps 250-260.,....and was constantly laying on this Overton player who weighs all of 145-150 well after the play.....real class Bowie...real class....

I hear this from someone that was on the sideline - " A James Bowie lineman lays on one of our players and calls him the "n word" and they get a 5-yard flag for delay."

I did see this Bowie player, weighed perhaps 250-260.,....and was constantly laying on this Overton player who weighs all of 145-150 well after the play.....real class Bowie...real class....

Geeeeeze someone's butt-hurt. If it's not the referee's then it's something someone said to someone that told someone else. Yall lost. Time to move on.

Geeeeeze someone's butt-hurt. If it's not the referee's then it's something someone said to someone that told someone else. Yall lost. Time to move on.

This has absolutely nothing do to with the loss.....using racial slurs such as the N-word as was done by this player is uncalled for....so based by your reply, you think this is acceptable...

This has absolutely nothing do to with the loss.....using racial slurs such as the N-word as was done by this player is uncalled for....so based by your reply, you think this is acceptable...

Ronster buddy, you are a terrible judge of weight. That kid goes 300+ easy. Secondly, did you hear this kid use the racial slur that you accused him of? Nope. You already said that you heard somebody say that on the sideline. Don't go bashing a kid if you don't know facts. Thirdly, quit being a sore loser. You obviously have a biased pair of goggles on when you watch Overton play. The officials were pathetic all night long. Do you want me to list the calls or non calls that were in overton's favor? I'll bet you would go away if I started. And finally, you said that Bowie wasn't that good. It's apparent that overton is worse. Did you realize that you called your team "not very good" when you made that comment? I'll bet you didn't for the simple fact that you don't seem to have a whole of sense of reality judging from your negative posts.

Ronster buddy, you are a terrible judge of weight. That kid goes 300+ easy. Secondly, did you hear this kid use the racial slur that you accused him of? Nope. You already said that you heard somebody say that on the sideline. Don't go bashing a kid if you don't know facts. Thirdly, quit being a sore loser. You obviously have a biased pair of goggles on when you watch Overton play. The officials were pathetic all night long. Do you want me to list the calls or non calls that were in overton's favor? I'll bet you would go away if I started. And finally, you said that Bowie wasn't that good. It's apparent that overton is worse. Did you realize that you called your team "not very good" when you made that comment? I'll bet you didn't for the simple fact that you don't seem to have a whole of sense of reality judging from your negative posts.

First, I am not your buddy, especially if you believe that this player's use of racial slurs is acceptable...do you know it to not be true?

Second, I was told this by a newspaper reporter who was on the sidelines who got it firsthand....but I guess he is lying huh? This was what the reporter posted on Facebook:

"I just want Blaylock to know how much I respect how he handled a really unfortunate situation tonight. Rising above several cheap shots and racist epithets without sinking to the level of a classless adversary. Well done young man."

Now, he cannot and will not put this in paper he writes for from a nearby city, but he was well aware of the situation.

Third, so, he out weighs him even more...LOL

Fourth, I can admit to be a sort of sore loser, truly Overton could have won it if they stopped Bowie on their final drive...as I stated you have to win despite the officiating...

...did you hear this kid use the racial slur that you accused him of?

No... but I did. It happened. Maybe this is the sort of thing you guys sweep under the rug up there in rural Bowie County, but it happened... more than once.

I can tolerate bad calls, it happens... just a part of the game. Win some lose some. C'est la vie. We've had some close games and some routs already this season. We're 3-3, we can take our lumps and give credit where credit is deserved.

But a white player calling a black opponent a n***er on the field of play reveals a profound lack of class and sportsmanship.

First, I am not your buddy, especially if you believe that this player's use of racial slurs is acceptable...do you know it to not be true?

Second, I was told this by a newspaper reporter who was on the sidelines who got it firsthand....but I guess he is lying huh? This was what the reporter posted on Facebook:

"I just want Blaylock to know how much I respect how he handled a really unfortunate situation tonight. Rising above several cheap shots and racist epithets without sinking to the level of a classless adversary. Well done young man."

Now, he cannot and will not put this in paper he writes for from a nearby city, but he was well aware of the situation.

Third, so, he out weighs him even more...LOL

Fourth, I can admit to be a sort of sore loser, truly Overton could have won it if they stopped Bowie on their final drive...as I stated you have to win despite the officiating...

I do not believe that racial slurs are acceptable. But I know the kid didn't use a racial slur. I'll take his word on it. If you knew the kid, you would too. I guess you believe everything you read on facebook too huh? I won't go back to your level of intelligence. Just know that its been noted.