Liberty-Eylau 2-4

Atlanta 0-6

Remaining matches:

NL: @Paris, L-E, MV, @Atl

MV: Atl, Paris,@NL, PG

Paris: NL, @MV, @PG, @L-E

PG: @L-E, Atl, Paris, @MV

L-E: PG, @NL, @Atl, Paris

North Lamar will probably go unbeaten. Paris plays at Mount Vernon next Tuesday in a match that may decide the No. 2 and 3 seeds. PG plays at L-E Friday. The loser is all but eliminated from playoff contention.

Regardless, Lucas Lovejoy is in a class by itself where 3A and Region 2 is concerned. None of these district teams has shown the ability to beat Argyle or Prosper in the region.

Paris beat Mount Vernon, 3-1, Tuesday to take over 2nd place in the district standings at 5-3 with matches left at Pleasant Grove and Liberty-Eylau. MV, after starting 3-0, has now lost 4 of its last 5 matches and sits at 4-4 with matches left at North Lamar, and at home vs. Pleasant Grove. NL has clinched the district title. Other two playoff spots are between Paris, MV, and PG.

Other matches on Tuesday's schedule:

• L-E (2-5) at NL (7-0)
  • Atlanta (1-6) at PG (3-4)

Atlanta is playing the spoiler's role down the home stretch in this district. Lady Rabbs won their first district match last Friday vs. Mount Vernon, then knocked off Pleasant Grove Tuesday. North Lamar has locked up the district title, but Nos. 2 & 3 seeds are still in doubt:

• Paris (5-3) plays @PG, @L-E
  • Mount Vernon (4-4) plays @NL, PG
  • Pleasant Grove (3-5) plays Paris, @MV

The No. 1 seed (NL) gets a first round playoff bye, and the Nos. 2-3 play Nos. 3-2, respectively, from District 16. I believe District 16 standings currently show Spring Hill at 7-1, with Henderson and Gilmer tied at 6-2.

The 3 teams in 16-3A are set as far as who's in the playoffs. Seeding has yet to be determined.

Spring Hill is 8-1

Henderson is 7-2

Gilmer is 6-3

Henderson hosts Spring Hill Tuesday in the season finale. Here's the breakdown:

If Henderson wins:

1. Henderson (by virtue of season sweep of Spring Hill)

2. Spring Hill

3. Gilmer

If Spring Hill wins:

1. Spring Hill

2. Gilmer (by virtue of season sweep of Henderson)

3. Henderson

Hope this helps.

The 3 teams in 16-3A are set as far as who's in the playoffs. Seeding has yet to be determined.

Spring Hill is 8-1

Henderson is 7-2

Gilmer is 6-3

Henderson hosts Spring Hill Tuesday in the season finale. Here's the breakdown:

If Henderson wins:

1. Henderson (by virtue of season sweep of Spring Hill)

2. Spring Hill

3. Gilmer

If Spring Hill wins:

1. Spring Hill

2. Gilmer (by virtue of season sweep of Henderson)

3. Henderson

Hope this helps.

Thanks. Thought that was the case, but you never know what district tiebreakers might be in place. The District 16 winner has a chance to advance to regionals; otherwise, my picks would be Prosper, Rains, Lovejoy, and North Lamar.

Spring Hill beat Henderson tonight to claim the outright district title and No. 1 seed.

If Gilmer beat Gladewater, Henderson and Gilmer have to play a tiebreaker for 2nd/3rd this weekend. If Gilmer lost, then Henderson is No. 2 seed and Gilmer No. 3.

If play tiebreaker, then loser is No. 3 and gets Paris. Winner of tiebreaker gets 2nd and the 3rd place team out of 16-3A.

Henderson and Gilmer play this weekend to see who will be third and who will be 2nd. Not sure specifics on where/when.

Final standings:

Spring Hill 9-1 (swept Gilmer, split with Henderson);

Gilmer 7-3 (swept Henderson, lost twice to Spring Hill and once to Carthage);

Henderson 7-3 (swept by Gilmer, split with Spring Hill).

Henderson and Gilmer play this weekend to see who will be third and who will be 2nd. Not sure specifics on where/when.

Final standings:

I had heard it was to be Friday at Spring Hill, but don't know time. I believe Paris is looking to schedule the bi-district match at Mount Pleasant on Tuesday, but there's no official word yet.

Final standings:

If Gilmer beat Henderson both games during district, shouldn't that mean that they have 2nd place and Henderson 3rd?

If Gilmer beat Henderson both games during district, shouldn't that mean that they have 2nd place and Henderson 3rd?

You would think, but, as I understand it, each district has its own set of rules for breaking ties. Usually they will go with head-to-head for determining a champion or No. 1 seed, but not necessarily with lower seeds.

You would think, but, as I understand it, each district has its own set of rules for breaking ties. Usually they will go with head-to-head for determining a champion or No. 1 seed, but not necessarily with lower seeds.

They didn't include head-to-head as a tiebreaker in the district minutes. It doesn't matter if it's for the distric title or last playoff berth. Thus the tie. Imagine if this had been a winner-in-loser-out match and the team that had won both regular season games got beat. How bad would that look or be?

Had Henderson beaten Spring Hill Tuesday, they would've both been 8-2 and tied for first and would've had to play again even though Henderson had won the two district matches.

It's just the way the district minutes are written. I've never heard of it that way and the HHS coach hadn't either until Spring Hill coach informed him of that Tuesday night before the game.

Well, that's strange, but not unusual that coaches don't know their own district rules. And I'm guessing there's a different set of rules for football since there's no room for a play-in game or else they just flip? I'd like to sit in on a district organizing committee sometime to a see how they're conducted.

Gilmer lost to Henderson at Spring Hill Friday so they played Paris last night at Mt. Pleasant and lost in five.

Who can tell me about Paris's #7? She was on fire in the 4th and 5th sets last night. Gilmer managed points mostly when she was on the back line. When she was a Middle Blocker her teammates sent everything they could her way and she smash the shots to a sweet spot on the Gilmer side where they rarely had someone there to dig it out.

That's Andi Bawcum, a 6-1 senior and 4-year starter. She's a Rice commit. Andi has come on strong since the midpoint of district and the rest of the team has rallied around her. She was 3rd team all-state last year when she had an experienced cast around her. She's arguably the best all-around volleyball talent in school history and works hard at it. Plus, she's a smart, great young lady.