Big Sandy 5-2 (2-0) @ Carlisle 7-0 (2-0)

Guest JORR2CAR

I agree and disagree...of course I believe that Big Sandy had a more successful season because they played longer but just because Garrison beat Big Sandy that game doesn't mean they every team that beat Garrison also would have beat Big Sandy because teams match up differently with each other and just like that statement was said before on any given night any team can win!

Garrison's (13-1) only loss last season was to Goldthwaite 35-7 in the State Semi-Finals, with Garrison beating Big Sandy 42-6 in the Quarter-Finals. I promise you nobody would have matched up with the Eagles from Region III. This year may be a different story as I feel the winner of Region III will have played some stronger teams. Garrison, Lovelady and Carlisle are all on a roll at the moment, if Big Sandy can get a victory this week you would have to look at them as a contender also. Teams peak at different times and this season will be no different, once the playoffs start either you are ready or you are not. Best of luck to both of these teams this week, I am sure one or both of their paths may evetually lead them to play Garrison.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JORR2CAR

Garrison's (13-1) only loss last season was to Goldthwaite 35-7 in the State Semi-Finals, with Garrison beating Big Sandy 42-6 in the Quarter-Finals. I promise you nobody would have matched up with the Eagles from Region III. This year may be a different story as I feel the winner of Region III will have played some stronger teams. Garrison, Lovelady and Carlisle are all on a roll at the moment, if Big Sandy can get a victory this week you would have to look at them as a contender also. Teams peak at different times and this season will be no different, once the playoffs start either you are ready or you are not. Best of luck to both of these teams this week, I am sure one or both of their paths may evetually lead them to play Garrison.

Well said!

Y'all cut JORR2CAR some slack, he's no worse a homer than any of the rest of us. ;)

I think Big Sandy will be Carlisle's first big test and I do think Carlisle's pre-district schedule will make this tougher for them... BUT.

The Indians just have too many weapons to be held in check for four quarters. While Big Sandy has certainly proven they can also roll up a lot of yards/points, I think Carlisle has the edge.

What starts off as a shootout will eventually become a rout, as Carlisle takes the W (and the District 9-1A championship) by caging the Wildcats 63-34.

Guest JORR2CAR

Y'all cut JORR2CAR some slack, he's no worse a homer than any of the rest of us. ;)

I think Big Sandy will be Carlisle's first big test and I do think Carlisle's pre-district schedule will make this tougher for them... BUT.

The Indians just have too many weapons to be held in check for four quarters. While Big Sandy has certainly proven they can also roll up a lot of yards/points, I think Carlisle has the edge.

What starts off as a shootout will eventually become a rout, as Carlisle takes the W (and the District 9-1A championship) by caging the Wildcats 63-34.

I dont know what you ate this morning but it has gotten your score perdictions way off! Lol!

I agree and disagree...of course I believe that Big Sandy had a more successful season because they played longer but just because Garrison beat Big Sandy that game doesn't mean they every team that beat Garrison also would have beat Big Sandy because teams match up differently with each other and just like that statement was said before on any given night any team can win!

I am glad that you are able to see the logic in my argument and I also see the logic in yours but Garrison would have beaten (and did beat one of them) both Big Sandy and/or Carlisle if they would have been in the same situation.

I am glad that you are able to see the logic in my argument and I also see the logic in yours but Garrison would have beaten (and did beat one of them) both Big Sandy and/or Carlisle if they would have been in the same situation.

well their may be another opportunity for big sandy or carlisle to meet up with garrison in the playoffs this year. so maybe if that happens we can settle it once and for all lol.

This is definitely one of the better 1A games in the area this week. I think it will be close for a half but I think Carlisle will end up winning by 14 or more.

And as far as the conversation about Garrison goes, they would beat either of these teams by a whole lot. Garrison, along with Clarksville, Mason, Genado, Albany, Mart and Goldthwaite are in a whole nuther' class!!

And that is from a completely unbiased viewpoint.

Oh come on...im just having some fun. You can argue if you want to. I dont know if you will win, cause my wife says im pretty good at it. Whatever that means. But seriously its going to be one hell of a game!

I dont agree with alot that you say, but I will agree with you that this should be a heck of a game fri night

After my game finishes Friday I can't wait to come off the sideline and get the final score of this game from my wife. A lot of the posts going back a forth on this thread are reminiscent of the Big Sandy VS Maud thread were everybody thought Maud was going to beat Big Sandy.

After my game finishes Friday I can't wait to come off the sideline and get the final score of this game from my wife. A lot of the posts going back a forth on this thread are reminiscent of the Big Sandy VS Maud thread were everybody thought Maud was going to beat Big Sandy.

People thought that?? Lol. Jk.

My hats off to Carlisle, they're a GOOD team!!!! Its going to take a great team to beat them. I MUST SAY, that was the most HORRIBLE officiated game i have ever seen...... Has anyone on here ever seen where you have to have a 2 - 3 minute official huddle after the flag was thrown for an illegal procedure (false start)?? Not to mention that the Head Ref. only lives about 3 miles down the road from Carlisle.. (homecooking) smells like to me. Just saying.

My hats off to Carlisle, they're a GOOD team!!!! Its going to take a great team to beat them. I MUST SAY, that was the most HORRIBLE officiated game i have ever seen...... Has anyone on here ever seen where you have to have a 2 - 3 minute official huddle after the flag was thrown for an illegal procedure (false start)?? Not to mention that the Head Ref. only lives about 3 miles down the road from Carlisle.. (homecooking) smells like to me. Just saying.

Seriously, you don't really think that another set of officials would have changed the outcome of THIS game do you? I finally got to go see Carlisle play, and from what I saw, Carlisle dominated Big Sandy. And NO, I don't have any kids or kin that play down there. I just know what I observed. Hope everything works out for the Carlisle kid that came back out of the locker room on crutches after he went down with an injury. If Carlisle gets him and their middle linebacker back in the game they could truly be hard to beat with a healthy group of players. Good luck to both Big Sandy and Carlisle the rest of the way.