Teague at Malakoff

player73

Wow 4.5 that's scary fast, I mean that's got to be world class speed, give me a break your bragging about 4.5 speed. Everyone has a plan till their hit in the mouth. I heard y'all had the fastest player on the field at kerens but kerens team speed was faster. 4.5 forty that's amazing never heard of that before, scary scary speed y'all should win state with a 4.5 speedster on the team, amazing no wonder y'all have been bragging about yalls speed. One question was Mildred as fast as y'all?

U just want to run ur head and not reading whats being wrote.. I said Teague has a FRESHMAN that runs UNDER a 4.5 fourty(he was hit n the mouth really hard by Crockett and still on the team so I guess he is a keeper).. I also said that SPEED does not mean that u will win ALL the games but it does help.. U keep posting that u HEARD things about other teams that Teague has played but Im telling u what I seen with MY own 2 eyes.. Im glad u r posting on this topic because now I know if I see u posting on other topics not to put faith n what u r posting(u go by what u hear to much).. Like I said before Ill take Teague in a close game..

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U just want to run ur head and not reading whats being wrote.. I said Teague has a FRESHMAN that runs UNDER a 4.5 fourty(he was hit n the mouth really hard by Crockett and still on the team so I guess he is a keeper).. I also said that SPEED does not mean that u will win ALL the games but it does help.. U keep posting that u HEARD things about other teams that Teague has played but Im telling u what I seen with MY own 2 eyes.. Im glad u r posting on this topic because now I know if I see u posting on other topics not to put faith n what u r posting(u go by what u hear to much).. Like I said before Ill take Teague in a close game..

Been good discussing it with you, good luck and have a safe trip to the game.

Turnovers will decide the outcome of this game of which I think will be a very close game.As I said in an earlier post Malakoff has a very good team with a very good Qb and some good skilled players along with #55,#88 and the big man on the D-line.I think Teague has played a stronger schedule,our offense can move the ball and I like our D against the Tigers.I picking Teague in a close one and I think both teams will be in the playoffs just like I said before the season.I picked Crockett -1st,Teague-2nd and Malakoff - 3rd and I have been wrong before but thats the way I still see it going down.

Turnovers will decide the outcome of this game of which I think will be a very close game.As I said in an earlier post Malakoff has a very good team with a very good Qb and some good skilled players along with #55,#88 and the big man on the D-line.I think Teague has played a stronger schedule,our offense can move the ball and I like our D against the Tigers.I picking Teague in a close one and I think both teams will be in the playoffs just like I said before the season.I picked Crockett -1st,Teague-2nd and Malakoff - 3rd and I have been wrong before but thats the way I still see it going down.

Well said should be a close game and turnovers will be very important. May both teams play hard, come out injury free, and represent 11 2A with wins in the playoffs. Going with Malakoff but good luck to Teague starting Saturday morning for the rest of the season. This is how high school football should be good teams playing hard and battling each other and creating excitement for their towns, gotta luv it.

Well said should be a close game and turnovers will be very important. May both teams play hard, come out injury free, and represent 11 2A with wins in the playoffs. Going with Malakoff but good luck to Teague starting Saturday morning for the rest of the season. This is how high school football should be good teams playing hard and battling each other and creating excitement for their towns, gotta luv it.

I agree with you Haynes 1 except going with Teague but good luck to Malakoff starting Saturday morning for the rest of the season. LOL

Wow, are you serious with these posts?

Wow 4.5 that's scary fast, I mean that's got to be world class speed, give me a break your bragging about 4.5 speed. Everyone has a plan till their hit in the mouth. I heard y'all had the fastest player on the field at kerens but kerens team speed was faster. 4.5 forty that's amazing never heard of that before, scary scary speed y'all should win state with a 4.5 speedster on the team, amazing no wonder y'all have been bragging about yalls speed. One question was Mildred as fast as y'all?

u must not have been there n Kerns because Larry Busby ran down their fastest player and stripped the ball at the 1 just like he did n the Elkart game.. Only team so far faster than Teague was Crockett and Malakoff will not even be close.. Teague moved a freshman up 3 games ago and he runs under a 4,5 fourty..

What about the first play from scrimmage when the Kerens RB busted a 70 yarder untouched to the house? No one was close. I don't remember anyone getting stripped at the 1 either, I'll go back and look at the film though. Busby was the fastest, no doubt. I think Teague is faster than Malakoff too, but Malakoff is coached really well. They've got a good scheme going.

What about the first play from scrimmage when the Kerens RB busted a 70 yarder untouched to the house? No one was close. I don't remember anyone getting stripped at the 1 either, I'll go back and look at the film though. Busby was the fastest, no doubt. I think Teague is faster than Malakoff too, but Malakoff is coached really well. They've got a good scheme going.

Go back and look at the film because he was sucked up and stripped before the endzone by Mr. Busby..

I think we can conclude that Teague is fast. Noone should deny that one. However, the faster team doesn't always win. I really don't know who I think is going to win this match-up. Regardless of speed, you still have to play the game, hang on to the ball, don't give up yards on stupid penalties, overcome adversity and be coached well and many other factors that can determine the outcome of a game. Teague is a good football team but so is Malakoff. This game will not come down to speed.

I know last years game was a good one. It should be a good one to watch again this year. With high powered offenses, I will say it is probably going to come down to who ever has the ball last. I know neither of the defenses are pushovers, but both offenses seem to be able to score from anywhere on the field.

Very bold prediction and also very general to say if nothing happens they will be playing for a state championship in the next few years

No doubt there is talent at all levels in Teague and they have much to be excited about

Malakoff also has much to be excited about in its program the JV is undefeated as is the 8th grade

7th grade has lost 1 game and the overall program stands at 21-2-1 on the year

So Thursday and Friday should bring some good football at all levels

Teague JV 13 Malakoff 6

Teague 8th 52 Malakoff 6

Teague 7th 22 Malakoff 42

Tiger,

You are correct Teagues 8th grade has some incredible athletes they remind me of the Cayuga group that graduated 2 years ago when they were in Junior High

Maybe the best 8th grade team that I have ever watched from 3a down

Player and Homegrown question are some of those kids on that team older and supposed to be a Freshman?

Of course there is nothing wrong with that lots of students are held back in Elementary

Several of them ran like High School age athletes

QB is born n mid 1998 and the RB is born n the summer of 1998 so as u can c they r very young for their grade.. Yea Im sure sum was held back but the UIL give us a age limit to go by and thats all that matters..I have coached this group since they were 6 yrs old and always knew that sum of them were going to be special.. Im sure the RB that Malakoff has on their 7th grade is older because he runs and built like a man already.. If Malakoff is n Teague's district next yr watch how special Teague's 7th(6th now) grade team will be.. I have been saying it for yrs now that the Teague Lions have the talent coming and it is going to be great when the 9th grade team now r seniors.. It's a great day to be a Teague Lion..

I am picking Teague in this one. Malakoff is really talented but does not have the skill kids they had last year although if Teague stays in man coverage and Malakoff can find a way to get open with some crossing routes and pick routes Malakoff has a great chance to win. But there is one variable in the passing game for Malakoff: Teague blitzes constantly so Malakoff will have to find a way to protect the QB with some max protection for them to have a chance.

fastest one on the team and scores most of the td's is the qb last name is Sheppard.. The other one that does alot of damage is the rb last name is Bell.. Both of these kids r the youngest on the team.. They have others but they r behind these 2 kids.. Last names 2 watch also from this group is Brooks, Brooks, Busby, Pearl, Hines, Burrell and they r just some of the skill players.. It really doesnt matter if they were held back because they will all meet the age requirement n high school.. They will really be special when they r seniors and the 6th grade r soph..

I am picking Teague in this one. Malakoff is really talented but does not have the skill kids they had last year although if Teague stays in man coverage and Malakoff can find a way to get open with some crossing routes and pick routes Malakoff has a great chance to win. But there is one variable in the passing game for Malakoff: Teague blitzes constantly so Malakoff will have to find a way to protect the QB with some max protection for them to have a chance.

Teams blitz the Malakoff qb constantly. Last year Crockett blitzed him every play it seemed and he threw three tds and had two more passes that should've been touchdowns. He constantly gets blitzed, if you don't he will pick you a part. He knows he is going to get blitzed becareful though he can make you pay for it.

Nobody is saying there is an eligibily question but in Junior High we all know that there are big maturity differences

I was just curious if they were that developed as true 8th graders and for Sheppard to be the youngest he is the real deal with unlimited possibilties no doubt

I watched Cayuga in '08 and '09 and they were no doubt a very special group, but I always thought they had some weaknesses a lot of teams didn't exploit. I thought Cayuga's '09 bunch were a good comparison, but this team has skilled kids, tough hard-working kids, big kids, speed, and really have a relentless mindset. How about the Freshman Mitchell's little big brother on the 8th grade squad?? Doesn't matter if this kid doesnt continue to grow, he'll still be a beast. This 6th through 9th grade bunch remind me a lot of the Mart of the late 90's. Just no weaknesses all the way around and a great mixture of kids. That's a bold comparison cause if you saw the Mart Panthers like I did back then, you kknow what I'm talking about. Depth is really what makes all these classes special. Staying hungry and continuity will be the key for this bunch. 4 coaches in 4 years type of atmosphere won't get it done. Coach Coffman can take this group where it needs to be. Stay Hungry Lions

I started head coaching alot of these young men when they were about 6 yrs old.. I have seen them grow and develop into REAL football players.. I knew this grop would be special because they had the size, speed and drive at early ages.. The Sheppard kid is not the youngest his birthday is n March of 1998 and the Bell kid #15(his bro is a beast on the varsity and his dad tried out for sum NFL teams) was born n July 1998.. That puts both of them around the youngest n their class.. I always had the Sheppard kid as my QB with my son(6th grade) when Sheppard moved up he took over.. I'm telling u this yrs 6th grade n Teague is just as gifted as the 8th grade team u r seeing with the 6th grade having alittle more size but alittle less team speed as the 8th grade.. I know sum folks on here say that jr high dont mean nothing but I beg to differ because MOST of the time u either got it or u dont.. I know for a fact that these kids will saty hungry because I instilled it in them at a early age and they believe that EVERY time they step on the field they r going to WIN.. Keep ur eyes on the BIG town of Teague over the next several yrs and u guys will see what I have been seeing for yrs.. Its a great day to be a Lion

Well there is no way Teague can say they should have won this game they were dominated on both sides of the ball. What about that Malakoff speed look like they could run with Teague with out any problem. Good day to be a Malakoff Tiger.