Teague at Malakoff

player73

Both teams had their share of knuckheads playing dirty but your gonna have that when your playing for a spot, especially all but playoff berth, What the problem was the referees never took charge or ownership in this game and for example is why we had a 20 minute delay for the head offical being hauled off on a stretcher. If he puts a end to all that #### in the first, he probably doesn't nearly breeak his neck. Malakoff kid continued after the whistle on a Teague linemen and pushed him into the offical to cause the ref to get tripped up and landed real bad. The next kid who had a dead ball personal foul should of been ejected. Maybe that referee will take charge of his next game if kids choose to play like that. Malakoff surely had more dirty plays than Teague, but Teague had their fair share as well. I give Malakoff a lot of credit though, they are a well-coached, hard-nosed football team. Teague just came out flat and didn't execute. I thought Teague played hard though. I was proud of the Lion's effort and for the way they kept at it even though it wasn't their best day. Good luck to both teams

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is sour grapes I was very close to the action and I can assure you that you are looking at it through very orange colored glasses

There were things done by both teams that I did not care for

Chose to believe what you want but the fact is I saw numerous things from your team that could lead me to say the same thing you did

Malakoff is the dirtiest team I have ever seen, and this is not sour grapes :angry: :angry: .

Teague tried to start a fight at the final handshake. Teague is dirty not Malakoff. Teague talked trash got smacked in the mouth now your crying cause you couldnt back it up. Give credit where its do Malakoff is a better team and they showed it. Malakoff played as a team, Malakoffs defense stuffed teague throughout the game. There isnt anything worse than someone getting beat and then making excuses. Malakoff is faster than Teague and has better skill players and they hit harder. Its a great day to be a Malakoff Tiger.

No excuses here either Malakoff just beat Teague in all phases of the game.. Im still seeing my Lions getting the last playoff spot but it all starts this coming Friday in Teague against Troup.. Malakoff is for sure not faster than Teague, have better skill players or hit harder but was the better team in this game.. Its still a great day to be a Lion..

No excuses here either Malakoff just beat Teague in all phases of the game.. Im still seeing my Lions getting the last playoff spot but it all starts this coming Friday in Teague against Troup.. Malakoff is for sure not faster than Teague, have better skill players or hit harder but was the better team in this game.. Its still a great day to be a Lion..

once again Malakoff is better period. No discussions or excuses arrogance doesnt win ball games kids with big hearts and the letter M on their helmets do. Next year maybe after yall play crockett yall wont get on blogs and say that was the district championship game. News flash the district championship game is in two weeks in Malakoff and guess what Teague isnt in it, better hope yall make the playoffs.

I got a chance to watch the game film and both teams had their cheap shots, late hits, etc. So to say Malakoff was completely clean is false. Malakoff deserved the win by outplaying Teague. The QB for Malakoff is a heck of an athlete. He made some great plays throughout the game. Some of Teague's faults were bad snaps (lucky our QB is tall), missing tackles, dumb penalties, allowing punts and kickoffs to roll for extra yardage when they could have been fielded, and turnovers. When you do the things listed it's hard to win a game, much less a game against a team as good as Malakoff. Both defenses played pretty good but Teague gave up more plays and that was the difference. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, this is strictly my opinion, but the Lions are an undisciplined football team. Too many mistakes and penalties. I feel with all of the talent coming up from JV and Jr. High, this program isn't the answer. Some may agree and others won't, but the proof is in the product. When you do the things listed above in games that was as important as this game was, what can you say?

once again Malakoff is better period. No discussions or excuses arrogance doesnt win ball games kids with big hearts and the letter M on their helmets do. Next year maybe after yall play crockett yall wont get on blogs and say that was the district championship game. News flash the district championship game is in two weeks in Malakoff and guess what Teague isnt in it, better hope yall make the playoffs.

we will remember this... i will remember this next year.. and il make sure the whole team remember's this next year exatly what you just said..

Hey dont forget to remind them about the 2010 hamecoming loss too. Go Troup Tigers.

haha! no problem i sure will remind them.. hey maybe next year you can remind your coach to kick the ball to me insted of bein a chickn sht haha keep talkn we love it man..

haha! no problem i sure will remind them.. hey maybe next year you can remind your coach to kick the ball to me insted of bein a chickn sht haha keep talkn we love it man..

i cant remind the coach of anything Im not a player, just a fan. Plus I think hes doing fine without my input. Im through with this blog we are moving on.

Wow.....good statement, especially on a public forum. Just says something about you and your team right there..:D

Right here is undisciplined. Teach your kids how to lose, not get on a public forum and call other coaches names...

I would say if the team shows a lack of discipline, then you get someone in the position for them to have discipline. I'm not saying the team or the coaches are terrible. I'm simply saying that from day one Teague has had snap problems, dumb penalties, turnovers, etc. in almost every game. It's hard to WIN (more than third in district) with those types of problems. This far along in the season those issues should be happening less and less in games and in practice. I personally would like to see a more "polished" team and more enthusiasm and fire (in good situations and in bad) on the sidelines than we are seeing. Like I said before, this is strictly my opinion. Others may not feel the same way. Then again, alot are seeing the same things that I see from week to week. I hope it gets better because there is some unreal talent coming up in the lower grades. This athletic program has big potential in the future if all of the "ingredients" are there for it to happen and one very important ingredient is discipline.

Bdt1972, just exactly how would you fix this DISCIPLINE problem? Just curious?

I would say if the team shows a lack of discipline, then you get someone in the position for them to have discipline. I'm not saying the team or the coaches are terrible. I'm simply saying that from day one Teague has had snap problems, dumb penalties, turnovers, etc. in almost every game. It's hard to WIN (more than third in district) with those types of problems. This far along in the season those issues should be happening less and less in games and in practice. I personally would like to see a more "polished" team and more enthusiasm and fire (in good situations and in bad) on the sidelines than we are seeing. Like I said before, this is strictly my opinion. Others may not feel the same way. Then again, alot are seeing the same things that I see from week to week. I hope it gets better because there is some unreal talent coming up in the lower grades. This athletic program has big potential in the future if all of the "ingredients" are there for it to happen and one very important ingredient is discipline.

How would u fix it bdt1972??