Dallas Skyline vs Dallas Samuel

homegrown

Would have to know all the facts----such as, in the 4th quarter was the starters still playing defense or was it the 2nd and/or 3rd teamers playing........Did they have 54 points early or did he do more than basic/simple stuff on offense after the game was out of hand to try to get over 50 ??

I'd ask the question "when enough is enough" with these threads bashing teams just for being better!

i think skyline should be forced to transfer some of their most talented players to sunset so the teams will be more even. that is what pres obama would do

i think skyline should be forced to transfer some of their most talented players to sunset so the teams will be more even. that is what pres obama would do

I agree. I think teams like Refugio, Daingerfield, Carthage, Gilmer and Henderson should be disbanded and their players scattered around the state to allow some of the other teams like Freer, and Dallas Samuel a chance at winning a game. Furthermore, we need to eliminate the dynasties like Carthage, Daingerfield, Aledo and Lake Travis! I mean, come on man, does a school really NEED 5 consecutive state championships? After a team wins state, their program should be shut down for a year and their players split between the two schools in their classification with the longest losing streaks. If we do this, then every school in Texas should have a state title within the next 20 years. That seems fair doesn't it?

I agree. I think teams like Refugio, Daingerfield, Carthage, Gilmer and Henderson should be disbanded and their players scattered around the state to allow some of the other teams like Freer, and Dallas Samuel a chance at winning a game. Furthermore, we need to eliminate the dynasties like Carthage, Daingerfield, Aledo and Lake Travis! I mean, come on man, does a school really NEED 5 consecutive state championships? After a team wins state, their program should be shut down for a year and their players split between the two schools in their classification with the longest losing streaks. If we do this, then every school in Texas should have a state title within the next 20 years. That seems fair doesn't it?

I hope you are playing. You can't get mad at a team if they continue to win every year.

Skyline is the Dallas ISD all-star team, they get their pick of all athletes in the district due to magnet school status. They can "recruit" much to the detriment of all other Dallas schools. Doesn't seem fair. They should be dominant every year, and usually are.

Skyline is the Dallas ISD all-star team, they get their pick of all athletes in the district due to magnet school status. They can "recruit" much to the detriment of all other Dallas schools. Doesn't seem fair. They should be dominant every year, and usually are.

eyeproblem,

Back when Carter, Kimball, and Skyline were in the same 5A district (10-5A), it was Carter and Kimball that stole the spotlight, and poor Skyline usually just had to sit back and eat leftovers from the victory table. Now that Carter and Kimball are in 4A, Skyline has had to take the reigns of this district and run like the wind, so I don't know where you say it comes down to recruitment from magnet schools! If that was the case, bad teams like North Dallas, WT White, Adamson, Samuel, Spruce, and Wilson would have first pick of of the litter.