SA vs. Groveton

SAWolfman

with all due respect to everyone left on their schedule...San Augustine's toughest opponent the rest of the year will be themselves. When they get out of their own way and play football they are tough to handle with their combination of speed, athleticism and size. If they come out and play focused football for 4 qtrs they SHOULD win. If they think the rest of the district is going to roll over for them just because they beat Corrigan then they will find themselves in some serious dogfights

with all due respect to everyone left on their schedule...San Augustine's toughest opponent the rest of the year will be themselves. When they get out of their own way and play football they are tough to handle with their combination of speed, athleticism and size. If they come out and play focused football for 4 qtrs they SHOULD win. If they think the rest of the district is going to roll over for them just because they beat Corrigan then they will find themselves in some serious dogfights

Agree 100%. I think that mentally, the CC game was just what SA needed to pull everyone togethor. This is a very talented group of young men. Their only downfall has been their confidence. I think that got a big boost friday night. If they continue to play like they did against the bulldogs, they will be undefeated in district. If not, like you said they will end up in some dogfights.

GO WOLVES !!!!!!!!!

I have not seen Groveton play since the 2nd scrimmage, but have seen opponents they have lost to play Garrison. With losses to Alto, Lovelady and Hemphill they have faced teams with quality skill players and have not matched up. I also saw San Augustine play Garrison in Week 4, and the Wolves have these same type of skill players. When you take their common opponents they have played, Alto, West Sabine and Deweyville, I feel you get a cleare picture. San Augustine has the edge in athleticism and confidence and should take the victory. As an earlier poster pointed out, this will take place unless the Wolves implode and revert back to undisciplined play. I expect Coach Hubbard to keep the reins tight and play sound offense to keep mistakes down until some of the jitters wear away, then look for the Wolves skill players to take over the game.