13-4A vs 14-4A playoff pairings & scenarios

johntylerfan

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, for Heaven's sake! That's mature!! I'm assuming that means that the UIL ruled that he is eligible? I see absolutely nothing wrong with that as long as it was a LEGITIMATE transferfor non-athletic purposes. it would be a pity for a player to be ruled ineligible if he had done nothing wrong, and I'm glad it was righted since that is the case.

I hate to disappoint you, but this news doesn't upset me one bit about this young man, whoever he is. .... I know absolutely nothing about him or his case. Now, what about the other six? This one player having done the right thing DOES NOT negate the facts that I know about others! We'll see how that turns out.

Come on Grizzly, let's just share a big 'ol bear hug! Enjoy your happy dance.

Now, what about the other six? This one player having done the right thing DOES NOT negate the facts that I know about others! We'll see how that turns out.

Come on Grizzly, let's just share a big 'ol bear hug! Enjoy your happy dance.

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH...You know about the others...then disclose! You got nothing...I know it...you know it!!!

Personally, I couldn't understand why a senior would transfer into another town at the end of football season, unless it was for FAMILY reasons, not for football.!! I wonder why the DEC didn't allow the transfer. What was the controversy? I suppose we'll never know.

Good luck to all 13-4A teams in the playoffs!!

Personally, I couldn't understand why a senior would transfer into another town at the end of football season, unless it was for FAMILY reasons, not for football.!! I wonder why the DEC didn't allow the transfer. What was the controversy? I suppose we'll never know.

Good luck to all 13-4A teams in the playoffs!!

jacketsmack...I totally agree!

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH...You know about the others...then disclose! You got nothing...I know it...you know it!!!

When you know what I know, you won't be doing the happy dance. I suppose it's enough for now for you to simply know others are watching.

I don't understand why it would be difficult for people to not understand transfers happening right now. Sherman/Denison was just designated as the second least expensive place to live in the entire US. And with Sherman being the largest city in Grayson County and the only one opening new businesses and having the Industry, etc, why is it so far fetched to believe that families are relocating for a job and being forced to follow UIL rules and transfer their kids to Sherman. I know, sometimes, we all want their to be a huge controversy about everything but it doesn't always have to be that way, things could actually happen for completely legitimate reasons.

So, back to what this thread is about. 14-4A posters, tell me what you know about Whitehouse. From what I have read from most of you they have a good offense, but no defense. If I remember, Whitehouse is the same team that SS put 70 on this year, right?! How do you all see the Sherman-Whitehouse matchup? Any thoughts on where the game will be played?

I don't understand why it would be difficult for people to not understand transfers happening right now. Sherman/Denison was just designated as the second least expensive place to live in the entire US. And with Sherman being the largest city in Grayson County and the only one opening new businesses and having the Industry, etc, why is it so far fetched to believe that families are relocating for a job and being forced to follow UIL rules and transfer their kids to Sherman. I know, sometimes, we all want their to be a huge controversy about everything but it doesn't always have to be that way, things could actually happen for completely legitimate reasons.

So, back to what this thread is about. 14-4A posters, tell me what you know about Whitehouse. From what I have read from most of you they have a good offense, but no defense. If I remember, Whitehouse is the same team that SS put 70 on this year, right?! How do you all see the Sherman-Whitehouse matchup? Any thoughts on where the game will be played?

they have gotten better defense since district started . whitehouse passing game is like SS. Sherman will have to out score them

they have gotten better defense since district started . whitehouse passing game is like SS. Sherman will have to out score them

Agreed, the defense reorganized after the SS game and started some different players. They have gotten much better. They can score points in a hurry, and the best way to get them not to is to keep the offense off the field.

You are incorrect sir. If JT was to advance past T-High, They would head West and play possibly the winner of Pfulgerville Hendrickson and West Mesquite/ Lancaster. HP will likely go small school again.

I stand corrected. I got my teams skewed replying to the possibility of JT playing Hachie. You are correct that the JT/TH winner will face either Hendrickson or the #2 D1 seed from 15-4A in round two. Although, based on the current standings, HP is currently going D1 with Heath. If Rockwall qualifies, then yes, Highland Park goes D2.

From the Dallas Morning News:

13-4A: Clinched: Sulphur Springs, Texarkana Texas, Sherman; Eliminated: Denison, Greenville; Scenarios: Royse City clinches a bid by beating Mount Pleasant OR Mount Pleasant losing to Denison in Week 10. Mount Pleasant gets in by winning out.

Sherman Div I #1

Tx High Div I #2

Sulphur Springs Div II #1

RC or MP Div II #2

And for those looking ahead:

10-4A: Clinched: Highland Park, Rockwall Heath, Wylie East; Eliminated: McKinney; Scenarios: McKinney North in with a win over Rockwall AND a Richardson Pearce win over Wylie; Rockwall in with a win over McKinney North AND a Wylie win over Richardson Pearce; Wylie can ONLY get in by winning out AND Rockwall losing out; a scenario where Richardson Pearce is in is by winning out AND McKinney North losing out; There can be a three-way scenario if Richardson Pearce wins out, Rockwall beats McKinney North, and McKinney North beats Wylie. It would go to points at that point (+14 max) to eliminate a team, then decided on the head-to-head match-up

15-4A: Clinched: Waxahachie, Corsicana; Eliminated: Ennis, Forney, Terrell; Scenarios: Lancaster in with a win; Mesquite Poteet in with a win AND West Mesquite loss; Red Oak in by winning out; West Mesquite win with two wins AND Mesquite Poteet loss OR two Lancaster wins

Denison has not been eliminated yet.

Denison, Royse City and Mount Pleasant can all finish 2-4 and will need a tie-breaker. Denison is eliminated with a loss to Greenville, a win by Royse City over Mount Pleasant or a Mount Pleasant win by 13 points or fewer. If Mount Pleasant wins by 14 or more on Friday, Denison stays alive and would have to beat Mount Pleasant by a certain number (no fewer than 15) and have Royse City lose to Sulphur Springs.

Well, its official and on the front page of the Sports here in Sherman... Kolby Milner has been declared eligible to play for Sherman. Last year he rushed for 1,991 years and 28 touchdowns as a junior last year at 2A Bells averaging nearly 8 yards per carry. He also rushed 1,215 yards and 11 TD's as a sophmore. Not sure what the controversy was, but the kid is now eligible to play for Sherman, at least, the 2 or 3 games it should have left...

Ok something is weird about this. Nobody leaves there SR year after 2 games without a reason. Bells signed off on it right away (you normally have a 15 day wait). A lot of people are going to cry foul, but I think something went down we won't ever know about. All I know is if 13-4A had all the facts and took away this kids SR year what a bunches of ####. Now if they had just a little info, then I wouldn't of let him play either. Either way it is really strange for a kid to move after 2 games. Bells is not that far, you would think he could have drove it.

As for him playing, its so late I don't see him being really a factor. Best thing is maybe giving Mitchell a break or 2.

Agreed, the defense reorganized after the SS game and started some different players. They have gotten much better. They can score points in a hurry, and the best way to get them not to is to keep the offense off the field.

Define "much better". They've won games because the offense can outscore opponents.

Define "much better". They've won games because the offense can outscore opponents.

After watching the first three games and then the games after, tackling is better, adjusting to offenses is better and points allowed per game and yards allowed per game is better. I compare the Corsicana game and the JT game and the defense looked better. And in my opinion, both Corsicana and JT are good teams. Just watching the defense then and now, there is a difference.

Offenses in this day of HS football are designed to outscore opponents. A 7-3 game used to mean both teams had great defenses. Nowadays, it means you have no offense and won't win very many games. WH not only won games because their offense could score. It also helps when the defense can make some stops which gives the ball to an offense that can score.