• Texas in 4
    • Texas in 5
    • Texas in 6
    • Texas in 7
    • St. Louis in 4
    • St. Louis in 5
    • St. Louis in 6
    • St. Louis in 7

I agree with you on that it was going to be a tough play - as I said in an earlier post. That Feliz FB wasn't in a terrible spot. Definitely the outer third of the plate, if not on the outside 2" or so. Freese did a great job shortening up and hitting the ball where it was pitched.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=19955017&topic_id=25589412&c_id=mlb

I don't consider this pitch outer 3rd of the plate, more like middle 3rd and the count was 1-2. You can't let one ride back over the middle of the plate when it's 1-2...

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=19955017&topic_id=25589412&c_id=mlb

I don't consider this pitch outer 3rd of the plate, more like middle 3rd and the count was 1-2. You can't let one ride back over the middle of the plate when it's 1-2...

You may sure be right about that location. I think my mind is already trying to block out those memories from last night!

Ok when Wash got Oliver up I was aghast I told my wife he will not get it done how big would have 1 out been there instead of 2 singles with pitching spot up and Larussa having no bench

My humble opinion your best left handed option at that time was Mike Gonzalez who was not even up??

Here is a question, Has there ever been a better World Series? Every game except game 3 has been just a great ballgame to see and Game 3 was historic in itself. I don't know that I have ever seen a better series. The 91 series was a good one with the Twins and Braves, 86 Sox and Mets was pretty good, as was 01 with the D-backs and Yankees. But, I think this series tops them all-it will only be sweeter when the Rangers take game 7 tonight and bring the trophy to Texas.

'91 series had 5 games decides by one run, four won on the last at-bat, three went to extras including game 7, which featured the famous duel between John Smoltz and Jack Morris where both threw a shutout through nine innings. Also the game where Chuck Knoblauch deked Lonnie "Skates" Smith, wherein he faked receiving a throw at second even though the ball was rattling around in the friggin' outfield, slowing Smith up enough to prevent him from scoring on the extra-base hit. Still vomit about that one from time to time.

Heck Yes!

Yeah it was not located, but Feliz can't locate anyways. He slings it and hopes it goes over the plate. That's what we've lived with the past 2 summers...and I can't stand Mike Gonzalez, he's liable to throw ####. Oliver's second single he gave up was off the end of the bat, can't fault the way that cookie crumbles...

Did anyone else feel like Cruz was running a bit slow approaching the hit in right to end the game?

It looked like Cruz didn't think it was going to carry as much as it did.

I wish it had been Josh because he would have thrown his body into the wall trying to catch that ball.

I will be shocked if the Cardinals have anything left after last nights game...after 2 huge comebacks, a some what ridiculous celebration, and Carpenter pitching on 3 days rest. If they Rangers jump out early and knock Carpenter around it will be over.

I understand the moment was huge hitting a walk-off in the 11th inning but ripping off his jersey and celebrating as if you won the whole thing was a little much...I can imagine La Russa was trying to get them off the field asap.

Can I also say that IMO Pujols is less scary than Berkman in this series...Lance can hit for power and average on both sides of the plate and is killing our pitchers. Through 7 innings last night he had the only 3 hits for the Cardinals.

I will be shocked if the Cardinals have anything left after last nights game...after a some what ridiculous celebration,

I understand the moment was huge hitting a walk-off in the 11th inning but ripping off his jersey and celebrating as if you won the whole thing was a little much..

Oh please..they just staved off elimination to make it to game 7 after being left for dead in the biggest game of the year....And you are calling their celebration ridiculous? I've seen that kind of celebration in the middle of the year after a walk-off.

Oh please..they just staved off elimination to make it to game 7 after being left for dead in the biggest game of the year....And you are calling their celebration ridiculous? I've seen that kind of celebration in the middle of the year after a walk-off.

You've seen star players such as Albert Pujols help rip off the jersey of another player and take Freese down to the ground??

Maybe I haven't seen enough walk-offs in my years of watching baseball to see that kind of celebration after staying alive in an elimination game. Yes you came back to win a big game but you didn't win it all with your walk-off you still have to play another game.

I understand the excitement at the plate and the jumping up and down after a walk-off but IMO i thought it was a little much.

Im a Ranger fan 2nd, behind my beloved Braves! So don't mistake me for a delusional Ranger fan, this was just my opinion.

Yeah it was not located, but Feliz can't locate anyways. He slings it and hopes it goes over the plate. That's what we've lived with the past 2 summers...and I can't stand Mike Gonzalez, he's liable to throw ####. Oliver's second single he gave up was off the end of the bat, can't fault the way that cookie crumbles...

Not that it matters ... I thought the pitch was outside 3rd, but more importantly hit the mitt (i.e. - the pitch called for was executed). This played to Freese's strength as he has shown the ability to stay on pitches and take them the opposite way with power. But it could be that he just guessed right.

I will be shocked if the Cardinals have anything left after last nights game...after 2 huge comebacks, a some what ridiculous celebration, and Carpenter pitching on 3 days rest. If they Rangers jump out early and knock Carpenter around it will be over.

I understand the moment was huge hitting a walk-off in the 11th inning but ripping off his jersey and celebrating as if you won the whole thing was a little much...I can imagine La Russa was trying to get them off the field asap.

Can I also say that IMO Pujols is less scary than Berkman in this series...Lance can hit for power and average on both sides of the plate and is killing our pitchers. Through 7 innings last night he had the only 3 hits for the Cardinals.

Carpenter - I've seen plenty of games this postseason where the starting pitcher struggled and was pulled early, but the game was far from over. Carpenter and every pitcher on both rosters will be on a very short leash. There will be little opportunity to knock one around before he is removed.

Celebration - No, they had not won it all. But perhaps they were celebrating that they had not LOST it all either - which had been a distinct possibility. Twice. Maybe they were celebrating new life and a new opportunity after being dead in the water.

Pujols-Berkman - That's baseball. In a short series of games, the superstars don't always make the biggest impact. This has happened on both sides.

Celebration - No, they had not won it all. But perhaps they were celebrating that they had not LOST it all either - which had been a distinct possibility. Twice. Maybe they were celebrating new life and a new opportunity after being dead in the water.

I really don't have any problem with celebrations after a game is over. I'm not a fan of celebrations during the game (other than after home run or scoring plays). I think I've seen way too many demonstrations after singles and doubles with nobody on.

I really don't have any problem with celebrations after a game is over. I'm not a fan of celebrations during the game (other than after home run or scoring plays). I think I've seen way too many demonstrations after singles and doubles with nobody on.

Not a big fan of the claw and antlers?

I figured this game would go 7, and I think the Rangers have to play some National League small ball that they're not used to playing. I expect this game to be tight all night long. I still stand by my prediction. It's sort of odd that last nights game was won by a kid that was born in Texas, but grew up in St. Louis. This has been the best World Series that I have watched since the '96 World Series. I wonder how the ratings will show this game. If anyone missed last nights game they missed exciting baseball, not great baseball, but very exciting.