Calallen and Flour Bluff's Head Coaches issuing a challenge to Refugio in 2012

RHSBobcat93

Refugio would beat both of those schools. I live in SouthTX by way of EastTX and WestTX and I have never seen 4a-5a ball this bad. The difference is coaching. There is horrible coaching here, from middle school on up...now the smaller town areas outside of Corpus get better coaching than the actually inner-city kids, probably based on funding and the environment(gangs/streetlife etc)...thats why CC-Calallen,Gregory Portland, Sinton, Refugio, and even Flour Bluff do alot better in football than the CCISD schools. Refugio has the same amount and probably more athletes than calallen,and definitely more than flour bluff....so yeah...I would put my money on Refugio...now anywhere else in the state people would laugh at a 2a-4a game, but this wouldn't be an unfair match like a Tatum vs John Tyler so to speak.....anyway...thats my rant for the day...SouthTX High school football is not good. Thats my 2cents.

Refugio would beat both of those schools. I live in SouthTX by way of EastTX and WestTX and I have never seen 4a-5a ball this bad. The difference is coaching. There is horrible coaching here, from middle school on up...now the smaller town areas outside of Corpus get better coaching than the actually inner-city kids, probably based on funding and the environment(gangs/streetlife etc)...thats why CC-Calallen,Gregory Portland, Sinton, Refugio, and even Flour Bluff do alot better in football than the CCISD schools. Refugio has the same amount and probably more athletes than calallen,and definitely more than flour bluff....so yeah...I would put my money on Refugio...now anywhere else in the state people would laugh at a 2a-4a game, but this wouldn't be an unfair match like a Tatum vs John Tyler so to speak.....anyway...thats my rant for the day...SouthTX High school football is not good. Thats my 2cents.

funny how refugio gets bet year after year by lil bitty east texas 2a teams

funny how refugio gets bet year after year by lil bitty east texas 2a teams

EXACTLY....thats what I tell these people around here....and they say..."we're number one in the state.." LOL..yeah until the playoffs roll around... I still don't understand why they're ranked so high year after year.

At the very least, this is a chance for Refugio's coach to put his money where his mouth is. He complained about not being able to get good competition to get his team ready for the playoffs, and that was why he has to leave his starters in for 3 quarters. If he plays Calallen and Flour Bluff, he can leave his starters in for 4 quarters and probably not have to worry about running up the score. If the two 4A coaches are willing to take the risk of playing a 2A, lets see it. That's two non-district games. I'll suggest the other 3 he needs. Carthage, Gilmer, and Henderson. I know they are only 3A, but I'm sure that the Bobcats could probably keep their starters in the game for all 4 quarters on them as well.

At the very least, this is a chance for Refugio's coach to put his money where his mouth is. He complained about not being able to get good competition to get his team ready for the playoffs, and that was why he has to leave his starters in for 3 quarters. If he plays Calallen and Flour Bluff, he can leave his starters in for 4 quarters and probably not have to worry about running up the score. If

the two 4A coaches are willing to take the risk of playing a 2A, lets see it. That's two non-district games. I'll suggest the other 3 he needs. Carthage, Gilmer, and Henderson. I

know they are only 3A, but I'm sure that the Bobcats could probably keep their starters in the game for all 4 quarters on them as well.

H e l l, bring refugio to east texas an have them play some 2A schools.. Depending on who they choose, they could get all they want!!

At the very least, this is a chance for Refugio's coach to put his money where his mouth is. He complained about not being able to get good competition to get his team ready for the playoffs, and that was why he has to leave his starters in for 3 quarters. If he plays Calallen and Flour Bluff, he can leave his starters in for 4 quarters and probably not have to worry about running up the score. If the two 4A coaches are willing to take the risk of playing a 2A, lets see it. That's two non-district games. I'll suggest the other 3 he needs. Carthage, Gilmer, and Henderson. I know they are only 3A, but I'm sure that the Bobcats could probably keep their starters in the game for all 4 quarters on them as well.

Refugio would be no match for Henderson,Gilmer, or Carthage.....Carlisle and Mount Enterprise would force Refugio to play its starters all 4 quarters.

Refugio would be no match for Henderson,Gilmer, or Carthage.....Carlisle and Mount Enterprise would force Refugio to play its starters all 4 quarters.

yea, let em get a taste of some powerhouse 1a's like garrison and tenaha lol. not so sure about mt. enterprise, but maybe...

For those of you that don't know. Calallen is a VERY good 4A program and the weakness of the Refugio team would definitely be exposed. It may make them better for their playoff run. Calallen will destroy the Refugio line and the backs WILL be running for their lives by the end of the 1st quarter. I have coached in both East Texas and South Texas...the biggest difference (football-wise) is the talent on the offensive and defensive lines in East Texas and I would have to put the Houston area in that as well. So, I hope it happens. It would give Refugio the chance to see the relevence of blocking with the proper step and hand placement. It would also force the defense to with more precision and technique. We may actually get a south Texas state champ out of the situation.

For those of you that don't know. Calallen is a VERY good 4A program and the weakness of the Refugio team would definitely be exposed. It may make them better for their playoff run. Calallen will destroy the Refugio line and the backs WILL be running for their lives by the end of the 1st quarter. I have coached in both East Texas and South Texas...the biggest difference (football-wise) is the talent on the offensive and defensive lines in East Texas and I would have to put the Houston area in that as well. So, I hope it happens. It would give Refugio the chance to see the relevence of blocking with the proper step and hand placement. It would also force the defense to with more precision and technique. We may actually get a south Texas state champ out of the situation.

Calallen is good in SouthTX..thats about it. There are more differences other than the talent on the lines. The overall speed/talent of the athletes is not even close. As Calallen saw in the matchup against Lamarque. I hate to sound like I'm bashing SouthTX football, but being here and hearing how delusional some of these people are, its just crazy....Calallen is a well coached football team and definitely deserves the respect they get in SouthTX.

Calallen is good in SouthTX..thats about it. There are more differences other than the talent on the lines. The overall speed/talent of the athletes is not even close. As Calallen saw in the matchup against Lamarque. I hate to sound like I'm bashing SouthTX football, but being here and hearing how delusional some of these people are, its just crazy....Calallen is a well coached football team and definitely deserves the respect they get in SouthTX.

You were just saying how Refugio would compete with Calallen, but there's not a well coached 4A team that Refugio would be able to compete with...

We aren't talking about Nacodoches, this is CALALLEN. They're salty...

Let's see. Nacogdoches beat Carthage not last year, but like two out of the three previous years. One of those being a State Championship year. Carthage has had some major battles with Jacksonville the last couple of years. Carthage has won three in a row as a big AAA school. Nac and Jacksonville are average or even below average 4A schools.

No way this small 2A school even gets close to this 4A school that is a traditional top 20 4A school.

Could this 2A play with some of the top 3A's?????? Sure! Jump it up one more division and you can forget the idea. PERIOD!

That would be like Carthage or Gilmer playing the Woodlands who is ranked like 23rd in 5A right now. Calallen is ranked about the same in 4A.

Hopefully this makes a little more sense to some of you now.

Let's see. Nacogdoches beat Carthage not last year, but like two out of the three previous years. One of those being a State Championship year. Carthage has had some major battles with Jacksonville the last couple of years. Carthage has won three in a row as a big AAA school. Nac and Jacksonville are average or even below average 4A schools.

No way this small 2A school even gets close to this 4A school that is a traditional top 20 4A school.

Could this 2A play with some of the top 3A's?????? Sure! Jump it up one more division and you can forget the idea. PERIOD!

That would be like Carthage or Gilmer playing the Woodlands who is ranked like 23rd in 5A right now. Calallen is ranked about the same in 4A.

Hopefully this makes a little more sense to some of you now.

theres no way nac is a traditional top 20 4a...

since 2004 (including this season so far), they are 33-44...

theres no way nac is a traditional top 20 4a...

since 2004 (including this season so far), they are 33-44...

I didn't say they were......I said they are average at best or below. However, Calallen IS! They are ranked like 20th in 4A right now. As is the Woodlands in 5A.

Nac and Jacksonville are middle of the pack 4A's that have given a big 3A Carthage fits the last couple of years. So my question was, how would Carthage fair against a 20th ranked Woodlands in a 5A classification? HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!

My point was........a big 3A State Champ like Carthage even struggles sometimes with a middle of the pack 4A school such as Nacogdoches or Jacksonville. So how do you think a small 2A is going to fair with an ABOVE average 4A?

I didn't say they were......I said they are average at best or below. However, Calallen IS! They are ranked like 20th in 4A right now. As is the Woodlands in 5A.

Nac and Jacksonville are middle of the pack 4A's that have given a big 3A Carthage fits the last couple of years. So my question was, how would Carthage fair against a 20th ranked Woodlands in a 5A classification? HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!

My point was........a big 3A State Champ like Carthage even struggles sometimes with a middle of the pack 4A school such as Nacogdoches or Jacksonville. So how do you think a small 2A is going to fair with an ABOVE average 4A?

im with ya now. didnt have my "context clues" hat on lol.

Calallen has been to the state finals. They have been stopped short of that feat several times by the eventual state champ, La Marque. Who, by the way, also beat east Texas teams en route to their state titles. I promise you that if Calallen was to be placed in an east Texas district, they would hold their own quite well. They wouldn't have all those 10-0 seasons, but many east Texas teams would feel the crunch of what Calallen football is. If you want, call Danaher and schedule a game. He is like the John Curtis coach over in Louisiana. He will play anytime, anywhere. If you can't respect the team, at least respect the way in which they play. If you have never seen the Wildcats play then you have no reason to bash. I am not from Calallen, but I do have a lot of respect for what Coach Danaher has built in his community.

Calallen has been to the state finals. They have been stopped short of that feat several times by the eventual state champ, La Marque. Who, by the way, also beat east Texas teams en route to their state titles. I promise you that if Calallen was to be placed in an east Texas district, they would hold their own quite well. They wouldn't have all those 10-0 seasons, but many east Texas teams would feel the crunch of what Calallen football is. If you want, call Danaher and schedule a game. He is like the John Curtis coach over in Louisiana. He will play anytime, anywhere. If you can't respect the team, at least respect the way in which they play. If you have never seen the Wildcats play then you have no reason to bash. I am not from Calallen, but I do have a lot of respect for what Coach Danaher has built in his community.

Nobody is bashing Calallen, it's the guys that think Refugio can compete with them is what is wearing others out. There's no way Refugio handles Calallen, much less a much weaker 4A...