Henderson @ GIlmer

McLovin

Winner  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Henderson
    • Gilmer

I feel a rematch between Carthage and Gilmer down the road. Two very hard playing teams - and that's what makes them different than Henderson - a very talented team who may go all the way in their Division - but they play a bit "soft" compared to C and G.

They were just as physical as Gilmer was last night? Carthage i can agree.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night was a good win for Gilmer. You guys have always had a great team and honestly I've always looked at Gilmer on the schedule and usually expected a loss, you guys are proven winners year in year out. Carthage being a rivalry game I would hope for an upset which leaves us right where we were last year 7-2 (2-2) which isn't a bad place to be. I think Henderson feels better being a team back under the radar a little bit and back in the underdog role which I think we know how to play pretty well. I know I know we can't be that forever but we have shown that we can't be that team that is the front runners all the time, our kids don't have that mentality yet. We need a few more solid years and playoff runs and then we can compare ourselves with our brothers in Gilmer and Carthage.

Not really gonna talk much about the game because most of that has already been covered however there is a story from last night that I heard about that hasn't been discussed....

During the first quarter with Henderson up 14-0 Gilmer calls a TO. The HC goes on the field and begins pointing toward the endzone to a group in blue sitting in the endzone stands just doing what most groups in their position would do... Play their Instruments and supporting their team. Now I found out later after halftime that someone from the Gilmer administration went over and put sanctions on the band and told them (the Henderson Band) they could not play when Gilmer was inside their 30 yd. line. Now I am nowhere near saying that bands dictate who wins the game but they can certainly help their fans stay excited and supportive of their team. My question is... When did this become a crime? Does the Nick Saban tell Les Miles to ask his fans to quiet down in Tiger stadium? No! It's everyone's job to help their team. Gilmer fans, come on guys that was something from last night that was really strange do you guys think so too?

Where is Lion70 and I hate to say it, but the Henderson fans have been jinxing those guys all year long with their boastful posts...

Boastful posts? Sounds like what Buckeye fans say all the time. Had this gone the other way, Gilmer's fans would've been on here criticizing the refs, making excuses and wondering what might've been.

Congrats Gilmer on your co-district title. Good luck trying to get the outright title next week. I don't see a Gilmer-Carthage rematch down the road, but having seen both teams, I'd have to say Gilmer has the better defense, Carthage has the better offense and coaching.

When will yall realize SIZE doesnt matter its the talent you have?

i can say your clock operator took seconds off the clock when it was supposed to be stopped

i can say that ref on our side that called all those penalties on us that some were pathetic, and the 2 point conversion was good bc i was sitting right in front of it

i can say the penalty against monster (#3) for punching was wrong bc he was punched first.

i can say we were missing some players tonight

But, i havent made any of these excuses, and im not going to, excuses are worthless. i just gave props on the comment above saying congrats gilmer and pullin' for you down the road. and no not all the fans, on either side..its just the way the sports world is. We will all see what happens come playoff time, good luck to yall. P.S.- i have no idea what a hidden message is please explain?

Not gonna make excuses? Seems that is all you have done! You say in Henderson you do things big? Looks like whine and make excuses big!

Boastful posts? Sounds like what Buckeye fans say all the time. Had this gone the other way, Gilmer's fans would've been on here criticizing the refs, making excuses and wondering what might've been.

Congrats Gilmer on your co-district title. Good luck trying to get the outright title next week. I don't see a Gilmer-Carthage rematch down the road, but having seen both teams, I'd have to say Gilmer has the better defense, Carthage has the better offense and coaching.

Um yeah, go look at Lion70's sig... That's boastful...

Just to be clear, Gilmer clinched no worse than a share of the district title. They didn't win it outright. If Carthage wins next week and Gilmer loses, they're tied with identical 4-1 records. So, it would go down as a co-championship.

I've got stats on the game. Pretty close, except the TOs. Gilmer outrushed Henderson 137-91, outpassed the Lions 237-193, had 18 first downs compared to 9. Penalties were way too 1-sided, but the game was in Gilmer. So, what do you expect. Henderson had 12, Gilmer had 4. 7 TOs was the difference.

OK...you started it...I was gong to let it ride...someone needs to muzzle #3

When will yall realize SIZE doesnt matter its the talent you have?

i can say your clock operator took seconds off the clock when it was supposed to be stopped

i can say that ref on our side that called all those penalties on us that some were pathetic, and the 2 point conversion was good bc i was sitting right in front of it

i can say the penalty against monster (#3) for punching was wrong bc he was punched first.

i can say we were missing some players tonight

But, i havent made any of these excuses, and im not going to, excuses are worthless. i just gave props on the comment above saying congrats gilmer and pullin' for you down the road. and no not all the fans, on either side..its just the way the sports world is. We will all see what happens come playoff time, good luck to yall. P.S.- i have no idea what a hidden message is please explain?

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda....here try this!

EatingCrow1.jpg

Last night was a good win for Gilmer. You guys have always had a great team and honestly I've always looked at Gilmer on the schedule and usually expected a loss, you guys are proven winners year in year out. Carthage being a rivalry game I would hope for an upset which leaves us right where we were last year 7-2 (2-2) which isn't a bad place to be. I think Henderson feels better being a team back under the radar a little bit and back in the underdog role which I think we know how to play pretty well. I know I know we can't be that forever but we have shown that we can't be that team that is the front runners all the time, our kids don't have that mentality yet. We need a few more solid years and playoff runs and then we can compare ourselves with our brothers in Gilmer and Carthage.

Not really gonna talk much about the game because most of that has already been covered however there is a story from last night that I heard about that hasn't been discussed....

During the first quarter with Henderson up 14-0 Gilmer calls a TO. The HC goes on the field and begins pointing toward the endzone to a group in blue sitting in the endzone stands just doing what most groups in their position would do... Play their Instruments and supporting their team. Now I found out later after halftime that someone from the Gilmer administration went over and put sanctions on the band and told them (the Henderson Band) they could not play when Gilmer was inside their 30 yd. line. Now I am nowhere near saying that bands dictate who wins the game but they can certainly help their fans stay excited and supportive of their team. My question is... When did this become a crime? Does the Nick Saban tell Les Miles to ask his fans to quiet down in Tiger stadium? No! It's everyone's job to help their team. Gilmer fans, come on guys that was something from last night that was really strange do you guys think so too?

As you know, it was a very crowded Buckeye Stadium last night. The portable stands were moved into the end zone to accomodate the Henderson Band and fans. The Bux could not hear the count on offense when the were mere yards from 10 tubas and a host of other instruments (125 I would guess). We all know that the playing was designed to give the offense hell. I am sure that will be the last time a visiting band is placed there. Think how many people woud have been without seats on the"V" side it the band had sat in the regular stands.

I guess they don't see too many bands like that huh? Just saying though, why put them down there and then when they've become a problem want them quiet? How many yds? Not so fast my friend. Endzone is 10yds. Unless they where all lined up on the endzone. If you think about it its not so much difference from where they were compared to regular stands even with the track. Getting sidetracked...

The point I still would like yall to answer. Why put them there then only when it's a problem to your team you try to literally punish the kids by not letting them play? A bad and shady move by Gilmer admin, sorry guys.

Ha looks like we aren't the only guys complaining about the refs, right my bulldog friends? I also recall in the Carthage/Gilmer thread someone complaining about the clock operator too. Coincidence? Maybe... I know buckeyes you can't don't anything about the refs but the clock guy does fall on y'all. But it usually goes in your favor so I don't see y'all making any changes. Anyways good luck to all!

As you know, it was a very crowded Buckeye Stadium last night. The portable stands were moved into the end zone to accomodate the Henderson Band and fans. The Bux could not hear the count on offense when the were mere yards from 10 tubas and a host of other instruments (125 I would guess). We all know that the playing was designed to give the offense hell. I am sure that will be the last time a visiting band is placed there. Think how many people woud have been without seats on the"V" side it the band had sat in the regular stands.

The Gilmer Adminstration is in charge of what happens at their own home games. It's kinda hard to argue about a band doing what a band does, which is playing their instruments at a football game. As the "Visitors", the Henderson Band would be sitting where the Gilmer Adminstration put them. It could have been in the parking lot or on top of the field house had they chosen to put them there. I certainly don't blame the Gilmer Coaches for being upset about it if it was a problem, but don't go tell the ref...get on the horn and call your Supt and have him move the band. That's a self inflicted wound, plain and simple. Somebody administration wise must've missed a sign from the dugout.

The game is over guys why can't everyone wish all the teams in 16-3A the best of luck on the way out!

Because you have a lot of big old cry babies that cant just admit they lost two times in two years to the same team. Face it accept it get over it. your house our house what next do we have to play in a neutral site?

Because you have a lot of big old cry babies that cant just admit they lost two times in two years to the same team. Face it accept it get over it. your house our house what next do we have to play in a neutral site?

Well your not very mature if you just can't drop it and let it go. You have Pitt. next at their house that to me is what you should worry about!

Congrats to Gilmer and wish you guys the very best of luck in the playoffs. Creme rises to the top and Gilmer has. Great programs turn it up a notch or two when things go wrong and other players make up the difference. That is exactly what Gilmer has done. Very best to you guys!!!

Ive just always understood that when it comes to the visitors, unless its a safety issue you really leave the fans and particularly the students alone. I hate stirring the pot for something non-football related but that was just bad move I think by the Gilmer admin

<br />Ive just always understood that when it comes to the visitors, unless its a safety issue you really leave the fans and particularly the students alone. I hate stirring the pot for something non-football related but that was just bad move I think by the Gilmer admin<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Mafia, you're talking about the band here...