John tyler (5-3)(5-0) @ Kilgore (5-3)(4-1)

cujoforlife

JT is 0-3 in games that were within 7 points or less at the half. Kilgore has a solid running game similar to the styles JT played in those three losses so I believe JT will be ready. With it's playoff life on the line, Marshall did push JT and didn't give up until there was no time left. Kilgore will be playing to keep their district championship hopes alive and they are playing at home so I expect another 4 quarter effort from the Bulldogs. Right now, I don't see a close game. Simply because JT has progressed passed that stage of maturity. The only thing JT has left to develop is a champion's attitude that screams, "EXECUTE" when the drive gets tough.

AGREE 100%

I think Kilgore's only hope is to play it's best "mistake free" football of the season and hope JT has an off night and makes a lot of mistakes..

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, majority of us have run away from this board all together, because of posters like you. Just go look at the 5A boards..

Let me express how much y'all are missed here_________________

I made that statement base on the fact that I have seen both teams play against Marshall. Kilgore was not that great and I believe Marshall was a more talented team in the loss. JT was loaded and had more athletes than us, was balanced on offense and just overall a very good team. We were able to just about run at will against JT but we have a different style of running game than Kilgore. I stand by my earlier post...JT BIG!!

You haven't faced that many great defenses in 5a. You are the only one picking Bivins over Ward. Go figure.

-_-

Allen-Nuff said. Bivins still passed for over 200

Lufkin-Another nuff said. Bivins passed for 280

Mesquite-Defense is no slouch. Longview was just the way better team. Bivins passed for 201

Mesquite Horn-No slouch. Would blow away JT. Caraway passes for 211

Abilene-It's Abilene. Nuff said. Bivins passes for 283

North Mesquite-Held DeSoto scoreless in the 1st half. Defense isn't the issue there, it's the offense. Bivins passes for 238

It's Ward who hasn't faced any good defenses outside of Longview and Lufkin.

The only horrible defense in 11-5A is Lee(who JT loss to earlier this year). Bivins will probably break a few Longview records come Friday.

-_-

Mesquite-Defense is no slouch. Longview was just the way better team. Bivins passed for 201

North Mesquite-Held DeSoto scoreless in the 1st half. Defense isn't the issue there, it's the offense. Bivins passes for 238

The only horrible defense in 11-5A is Lee(who JT loss to earlier this year). Bivins will probably break a few Longview records come Friday.

You confuse good teams(a few on your list) with GREAT defenses..

I hope Im wrong, but Im not sold that this will be a blow out. Especially since its in Kilgore. On paper it should be,but Kilgore beat Marshall, and Marshall put 35 on JT at Rose Stadium ,which is the 3rd most points allowed all yr by JT (Lee put up 39,and Longview put up 38). Now I know JT was up 42-14, and may have relaxed and had some back ups in, but im not as confident as some of you posters.

Lee beat JT. And Lee is not very good at all. JT knew Lee would run the ball, and they still couldn't stop it. Well it appears that running the ball is Kilgore strength. Matchups are very important in determining outcomes,so I think it will be close. There is a district championship on the line, and lets face it, everyone in East Texas gets up for JT.

JT should win this game,but I think will be closer than most think. (28-17)

I hope Im wrong, but Im not sold that this will be a blow out. Especially since its in Kilgore. On paper it should be,but Kilgore beat Marshall, and Marshall put 35 on JT at Rose Stadium ,which is the 3rd most points allowed all yr by JT (Lee put up 39,and Longview put up 38). Now I know JT was up 42-14, and may have relaxed and had some back ups in, but im not as confident as some of you posters.

Lee beat JT. And Lee is not very good at all. JT knew Lee would run the ball, and they still couldn't stop it. Well it appears that running the ball is Kilgore strength. Matchups are very important in determining outcomes,so I think it will be close. There is a district championship on the line, and lets face it, everyone in East Texas gets up for JT.

that's only if Kilgore can slow the game down like they did last year. every run team is this district has tried to slow the game down, and haven't been able to do it.

JT had so much trouble keeping players healthy in preseason I wouldn't factor those games into a game when JT is full strength. The team is more mature now and healthy so JT will matchup very well with Kilgore. The Marshall game was a good win. The team should mature from that game and know when JT relaxes it gives the opponent momentum.

-_-

Those were two of his top three games of the season throwing the ball.

Lets see where to start. First off Wolfie and Lion how about you both go practice falling down and when you get up start a "Hear me brag about my team that i have nothing to do with" thread and yall can try and out do each other the rest of the year and stop annoying everybody on forums that dont even pertain to you. To bring up 5a or 3a in this thread is ignorant. Second this is a Kilgore vs John Tyler thread so if thats not what your hear to talk about i think its time you get to moving. 3rd I like how people who have either gotten beat by kilgore or havent even seen them are able to give an accurate prediction on the game. To the Marshall fans, you were giving 14 points on turnovers inside the 5 and another for a touchdown. We hold on to the football on a simple toss and dont hike it over the punters head you arent even in that game. Kilgore had a bad game that night ever think of that? As for everybody else who hasnt even watched Kilgore play you should go out there friday night. Im not going to predict a score but i will predict that it wont be a blow out. If it is, big deal because according to everybody on here who are keyboard football experts Kilgore was suppose to lose anyway and they can move on to a below average Whitehouse team. Kilgore plays mistake free and the same way they have played on defense this entire year by creating turnovers you have yourself a ball game. And to whoever is going to reply to this that actually has something important to say about the actual game, lets hear it. Good luck to both teams espcially JT on a safe travel.

Marshall made mistake after mistake in the Kilgore and Jax game. As well as 5 turnovers against JT. I feel Marshall has improved since the second half of the Hallsville game as far as playing with confidence. Marshall was the healthiest it has been since week zero coming into the Nac game. Key players were banged up, out AND suspended against Kilgore,Jax, and Hallsville. I think the Marshall team that showed up against Nac and JT is close to the team we were supposed to have this year. Other than the 9 total turnovers in those 2 games combined. I think the Mavs may be sitting at home this year with the 2nd best team in district.

I have seen both teams play. I think that this will be a much closer game than many think. Kilgore has a beast of an RB and another 1 that comes in that is good as well. I see them grinding the clock and trying to limit the Lions opprotunities. JT is an offense that can move the ball quickly down the field. It will be interesting, but I agree that is why we line it up on Friday night.

Marshall made mistake after mistake in the Kilgore and Jax game. As well as 5 turnovers against JT. I feel Marshall has improved since the second half of the Hallsville game as far as playing with confidence. Marshall was the healthiest it has been since week zero coming into the Nac game. Key players were banged up, out AND suspended against Kilgore,Jax, and Hallsville. I think the Marshall team that showed up against Nac and JT is close to the team we were supposed to have this year. Other than the 9 total turnovers in those 2 games combined. I think the Mavs may be sitting at home this year with the 2nd best team in district.

Who exactly did Marshall have injured during the Kilgore game? Corey Walls got injured during the 4th quarter? Mario adkins got injured in overtime. So who exactly was injured? You had 3 kids suspended during the 1st quarter, but you were winning when they came back in. So what exactly are you talking about having players out. You had Tutt, Biggs, Shaq, Mckinny, Jackson, Williams, Rogers, What other key players were out exactly because if there is somebody other than that you sure got me fooled. I like how everyone picks the obvious and makes excuses about why they should have beat another team. You werent missing anybody against Kilgore only in the 1st quarter.