John tyler (5-3)(5-0) @ Kilgore (5-3)(4-1)

cujoforlife

I dont know if I agree with the statement "2nd best team in the district" because being a good team includes things like coaching, turnovers, etc. Now there is no doubt in my mind that Marshall is the 2nd most talented team in the district. Just wish we would have made the adjustments that really improved the team 3 weeks before the Nac game.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just one additional comment about the JT/Marshall game. And again this is a woulda/coulda/shoulda. There was 1 play that really swung the game to JT's favor. When JT was ahead 28-14 Marshall had the ball near the 10 yard line 3rd down & 4 yards to go. We were running the ball with extreme effectiveness up to that point but for some reason that I will never understand called a pass play. The result was a 6 yard sack and a 4th down stop for JT followed by a drive ending in a TD. IF (yes I know if IFS and BUTS were candy and ####...) we run the ball and punch it in there the score is only a 1 TD game at 28-21 and the momentum is HEAVY in our favor instead of a 3 TD game at 35-14 and putting us in an even deeper hole.

I dont know if I agree with the statement "2nd best team in the district" because being a good team includes things like coaching, turnovers, etc. Now there is no doubt in my mind that Marshall is the 2nd most talented team in the district. Just wish we would have made the adjustments that really improved the team 3 weeks before the Nac game.

Second most talented team or a group of individuals with talent. They aren't the same.

Just one additional comment about the JT/Marshall game. And again this is a woulda/coulda/shoulda. There was 1 play that really swung the game to JT's favor. When JT was ahead 28-14 Marshall had the ball near the 10 yard line 3rd down & 4 yards to go. We were running the ball with extreme effectiveness up to that point but for some reason that I will never understand called a pass play. The result was a 6 yard sack and a 4th down stop for JT followed by a drive ending in a TD. IF (yes I know if IFS and BUTS were candy and ####...) we run the ball and punch it in there the score is only a 1 TD game at 28-21 and the momentum is HEAVY in our favor instead of a 3 TD game at 35-14 and putting us in an even deeper hole.

talk about this game on the JT vs Marshall.

Lets see where to start. First off Wolfie and Lion how about you both go practice falling down and when you get up start a "Hear me brag about my team that i have nothing to do with" thread and yall can try and out do each other the rest of the year and stop annoying everybody on forums that dont even pertain to you. To bring up 5a or 3a in this thread is ignorant. Second this is a Kilgore vs John Tyler thread so if thats not what your hear to talk about i think its time you get to moving. 3rd I like how people who have either gotten beat by kilgore or havent even seen them are able to give an accurate prediction on the game. To the Marshall fans, you were giving 14 points on turnovers inside the 5 and another for a touchdown. We hold on to the football on a simple toss and dont hike it over the punters head you arent even in that game. Kilgore had a bad game that night ever think of that? As for everybody else who hasnt even watched Kilgore play you should go out there friday night. Im not going to predict a score but i will predict that it wont be a blow out. If it is, big deal because according to everybody on here who are keyboard football experts Kilgore was suppose to lose anyway and they can move on to a below average Whitehouse team. Kilgore plays mistake free and the same way they have played on defense this entire year by creating turnovers you have yourself a ball game. And to whoever is going to reply to this that actually has something important to say about the actual game, lets hear it. Good luck to both teams espcially JT on a safe travel.

Bring your team into Whitehouse next week and we can see who is below average. Who exactly has Kilgore beaten that is so great? Mt. Pleasant, Pine Tree, Nac, Hallsville, Marshall.

Sounds like the loss to the Wildcats last year has stuck in someone's craw.

Second best, because I believe we beat Whitehouse and PT to end district and maybe the season(only applies if mavs have limited turnovers). Whitehouse vs Kilgore will decide second the following week. Rufus: one quarter without your top 2 playmakers may have been the difference in the game. It did go to overtime. Personnel wasn't the main deciding factor in that game however. If I remember correctly, it was lack of special teams. Which has improved the most since then.

I made that statement base on the fact that I have seen both teams play against Marshall. Kilgore was not that great and I believe Marshall was a more talented team in the loss. JT was loaded and had more athletes than us, was balanced on offense and just overall a very good team. We were able to just about run at will against JT but we have a different style of running game than Kilgore. I stand by my earlier post...JT BIG!!

LOL! you guys are freggin HILARIOUS!!

1st of all, let me clarify.. I never once hinted as to what kind of points kilgore would put up against JT.. as a matter a fact, I was very clear in saying that I thought Kilgore would have to play their best ball of the season and hope that JT makes a lot of mistakes just to have a chance!

As far as the Kilgore - marshall game, Marshall was very fortunate to have 3, count them, 3! turnovers in the 1st qtr which all resulted in scores.. Kilgore's 1st three possessions resulted in immediate turnovers which resulted in points for marshall.. and just to clarify, these turnovers weren't forced by the marshall defense.. they were ALL 3 JV mistakes by Kilgore..

1st posession of this game was to marshall.. which was a big 3 and out for the mavs

1st posession for kilgore.. 1st play - bad pitch out to LD anthony in which he never got the ball.. mavs pick up and walk in for 6 EASY points..

next play.. mavs kick off to kilgore - kilgore FUMBLE deep in kilgore territory.. resulting in another TD for marshall..

next posession for Kilgore.. deep snap over punters head.. resulting in yet another turnover deep in kilgore territory. Only this time kilgore D stands up and forces a field goal..

I say all this to say, marshall was fortunate that kilgore was so mistake prone in the 1st half of this game.. otherwise this would've been a BLOW OUT!! and yes it would've been in Kilgore's favor.

now that's the real story..

Defending champs might have something to with it. Sorry kilgore won't even win district next year in 3A! You will see they don't hand you championship cause you come from big bad 4A!

Your lions wouldn't make it far in the playoffs on 4A so come back down to earth please

Same goes for tatum fiddle congrats on being the new spring hill anyways kilgore will get beat like a red headed step child and then bounce back against whitehouse by the way henderson would have got 3rd cause lets be honest jt will be the only one in regionals

Would rather be the "new" Spring Hill than the usual Henderson...

JT is going to stack the line, and Kilgore will that coming into this game. They also know that JT is having a hard time stopping the run. Kilgore my may nit throw the ball at all. Like what Lee did to them. If they can't stop the run I see this being a high scoring game.

Bring your team into Whitehouse next week and we can see who is below average. Who exactly has Kilgore beaten that is so great? Mt. Pleasant, Pine Tree, Nac, Hallsville, Marshall.

Sounds like the loss to the Wildcats last year has stuck in someone's craw.

So smart guy you think this is the best whitehouse team that has been through in a few years? If you dont take things out of context i was saying they are below average for a whitehouse team. Not the same talent they have had in the past. But while we are on the subject who has Whitehouse beat thats is so significant? You got beat by Corsicana, Sulphur Springs, and Chapel hill all of which would have been something to be proud of. If you think beating Jacksonville by 1 is something to be boastful about then your team is below average. I know that will be your only argument because we lost to them but whitehouse teams in the past would have rolled them. Nothing stuck in my craw, just dont think this is the best gruop of athletes you guys have ever put out.

So smart guy you think this is the best whitehouse team that has been through in a few years? If you dont take things out of context i was saying they are below average for a whitehouse team. Not the same talent they have had in the past. But while we are on the subject who has Whitehouse beat thats is so significant? You got beat by Corsicana, Sulphur Springs, and Chapel hill all of which would have been something to be proud of. If you think beating Jacksonville by 1 is something to be boastful about then your team is below average. I know that will be your only argument because we lost to them but whitehouse teams in the past would have rolled them. Nothing stuck in my craw, just dont think this is the best gruop of athletes you guys have ever put out.

No, not the most talented team Whitehouse has ever put out. But, you may be surprised.

Thank you for recognizing that I am a smart guy. It means a lot.

(Dang Lion70 your signature sure has grown since you started posting a few years back. )

And for the rest of ya'll. You guys always like to bang on us when it seems we are a litle down. Tru-Dat we are expecting to get whipped by JT, cause you have to yield to that kinda power. BUT don't count us out, cause with the right opportunity, The Dogs will gut you and leave you laying. Don't give them the chance.

You DAWG Haters can kiss my grits! You Have All Feared To See The Dawgs, in your past, therefore we are targets when we are down.