Hemphill Vs. San Augustine

SAWolfman

22 members have voted

1. 1. Hemphill or SA

• San Augustine
    • Hemphill

After good win over Groveton I see San Augustine staying perfect in district by getting a big win over Hemphill. I do not think that Hemphill has what it takes to handle SA's offense. QB Tanner has showing Twine like skills with two rushing TD's in the past two games. His passing ability is also getting alot better, he is starting to look at the whole field more than what he was in the beginning of the season.

SA 55

Hemphill 18

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SA was very physical when they played us. They haven't lost since then. I'm thinking they've probably been gaining confidence every week and are probably more physical now than they were then. Hemphill was not very physical when they played us, and judging by the amount of points they have given up, I'm not thinking they have changed much. The Hornet offense will keep SA's D on its toes, but I don't see Hemphill getting enough stops on the Wolfpack offense to win it.

San Augustine 46

Hemphill 28

<br />SA was very physical when they played us. They haven't lost since then. I'm thinking they've probably been gaining confidence every week and are probably more physical now than they were then. Hemphill was not very physical when they played us, and judging by the amount of points they have given up, I'm not thinking they have changed much. The Hornet offense will keep SA's D on its toes, but I don't see Hemphill getting enough stops on the Wolfpack offense to win it.<br />San Augustine 46<br />Hemphill 28<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Yes they have. The Wolves lost to Garrison 59-29 the following week.

<br />This is our big rivalry game. I know the wolf pack will be ready. I think Hemphill will be held to the fewest points of the season this week. SA 64- Hemphill 18.<br /><br /><font size="5"><font color="#ff0000">GO WOLVES !!!!!!!!!</font></font><br />
<br /><br /><br />

The Wolves will have to go lower than 14 to hold Hemphill to their lowest point production of the season. Garrison beat them 35-14 in Week 0.

Dang sawboss be a debbie downer...we know...garrison won and won big...different SA team since then and havent lost since Garrison to make it accurate....but on to what this thread is about....SA will beat Hemphill simply because their defense plays well enough to get a few stops on twine....Hemphills defense will be lucky to stop the offense of SA...SA may stop themselves a few times but not enough to lose the game....SA by the number of times they stop twine...could be 5 TDS could be just 1...either way SA WILL WIN ;)

Dang sawboss be a debbie downer...we know...garrison won and won big...different SA team since then and havent lost since Garrison to make it accurate....but on to what this thread is about....SA will beat Hemphill simply because their defense plays well enough to get a few stops on twine....Hemphills defense will be lucky to stop the offense of SA...SA may stop themselves a few times but not enough to lose the game....SA by the number of times they stop twine...could be 5 TDS could be just 1...either way SA WILL WIN ;)

Just getting some facts straight. I also think San Augustine will win this game, because they are the more physical of the two. I have pulled for the Wolves every week since they played the Bulldogs and hope they hold on to win the district title. Coach Hubbard and I worked together for several years at G-town and still talk often about how the Wolves have turned things around. Emotions will run high this week in this game, but emotions do not win games, execution and assignment play does. Good luck to San Augustine, I hope you reach all of your goals for the rest of the season.

Been waiting on this game all year! My hornets are going shut up the wolves friday night!

thats a pretty bold statement lol. especially considering that a loss this week would probably end any playoff hopes for hemphill this season. hemphill has put up lots of points on everybody with the exception of garrison in week 0, but they have given up 390 points. when compared to SA's 190 points that they've given up this season, it sounds like this may be a good one. SA hasnt forced as many points this year as hemphill, but their defense seems to be much more solid. with hemphill (4-4) coming off a huge loss to corrigan, and SA (5-2) coming off a big win over groveton, im saying the momentum stays with the wolves this week. coach hubbard has these guys performing well right now...

if SA can contain hemphill's offense, i think they can put enough points on the board to win. the wolves put up more points against garrison than any other opponent (including hemphill). the wolves scored 29 on garrison, with the dogs allowing less than 14 points per game when you take the SA game out of the equation. hemphill will score, its just a matter of how well SA can control it...