22 members have voted

1. 1. Hemphill or SA

• San Augustine
    • Hemphill

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear now Hemphill takes transfers and since Hemphill does so well academically, and SA is doing so well athletically, maybe they can come together after this season...lol some of SAs talent can go over there. Who knows the Twine kid may come down to SA wow what a concept!! I think Hemphill should be 1A. Just my opinion as usual

Highly unlikely on all accounts! I think someone told me that Henphill was sitting at 276 students. That's a long way from being 1A.

GO WOLVES !!!!!!!!!

Where was SA's defense Friday night? Hemphill put up 62 on them i heard. I didnt think SA's defense let anyone score that much?

It is what it is. A W for the Wolves. SA's offense put up 78 on Hemphill. The majority of Hemphill's points in the second half came from #5 making something out of a busted play. He is impressive to watch. Anyway, the Wolves are undefeated in District and need to focus on New Waverly and the District Championship!

GO WOLVES !!!!!!!!!

Where was SA's defense Friday night? Hemphill put up 62 on them i heard. I didnt think SA's defense let anyone score that much?

28 of the points came with the Wolves up 70-34 and the game in hand. HH did make it interesting but SA crushed the rally before it got started. The outcome was never in question and HH season is over with SA in line for district championship on Friday. SA is the best team in the district and HH will battle Deweyville for 4th and 5th.

28 of the points came with the Wolves up 70-34 and the game in hand. HH did make it interesting but SA crushed the rally before it got started. The outcome was never in question and HH season is over with SA in line for district championship on Friday. SA is the best team in the district and HH will battle Deweyville for 4th and 5th.

you know SA was sweating a little when hemphill pulled to within 8 at 70 - 62 with a little over a minute left hemphill just needed the onside kick, at that point you could hear a pindrop of the SA sideline, they were nervous and that's a fact!

Ya it was frustrating to watch as number 5 made something out of nothing...I heard he only had 20 yds rushing at half...sa's defense even though they were exhausted from chasing 5 around still needed to finish the game but luckily the offense scored on every drive but 3 1 punt, 1 fumble and 1 interception...it was an exciting game and all due respect to twine...just #### for him he lives in hemphill...that great of an athlete and won't play in the playoffs

Ya it was frustrating to watch as number 5 made something out of nothing...I heard he only had 20 yds rushing at half...sa's defense even though they were exhausted from chasing 5 around still needed to finish the game but luckily the offense scored on every drive but 3 1 punt, 1 fumble and 1 interception...it was an exciting game and all due respect to twine...just #### for him he lives in hemphill...that great of an athlete and won't play in the playoffs

First of all, I did not think that it was a fumble, he was clearly down. It #### we had to punt, but those penalties backed them up pretty good. That was one series that Hemphill actually played D on. I think the defense kind of let up a little bit, but it's a good lesson learned for the playoffs that you never call the dogs off. This game was a prime example.

SA was not gonna keep the twines from scoring the way they have been all year! If

Hemphill had half the defense SA had they win district with ease due to their high volume scoring!!! They have scored at will throughout the season!!! The game wasnt called perfect, their were a few calls missed on both sides but was one of the better called games for this long time rivalry. Great game played by the wolves but Corrigan even though they lost to SA seems like the best team overall in the district after seeing them both in person.

SA was not gonna keep the twines from scoring the way they have been all year! If

Hemphill had half the defense SA had they win district with ease due to their high volume scoring!!! They have scored at will throughout the season!!! The game wasnt called perfect, their were a few calls missed on both sides but was one of the better called games for this long time rivalry. Great game played by the wolves but Corrigan even though they lost to SA seems like the best team overall in the district after seeing them both in person.

SA seems like the best team. They are undefeated and will be the district champions. Corrigan has a good chance to be the second best team in the district.

If Corrigan was the better team then obviously they would have beat SA.....but they didn't.

Haha...man if you believe that and it helps you sleep better at night!!! Y'all had your starters in and y'all thought the twines weren't enough to win but it was just a lack of defense!! But we will see how far y'all go In playoffs! Im thinking corrigan will go further.

I don't know who your rooting for, but I wish you would follow them around instead of talking trash about the only undefeated team in this district. A few missed calls you say, that was some of the most pathetic officiating that I've ever seen. Hemphill didn't have over 4 penalties called on them all night. None of the illeagal motions, or the horsecollar, or the offensive interference. But you better believe it was called on SA. If you don't think we could've scored alot more than we did, just think back to what happened at the end of the game. We shoved another one down the Hornets throat just to put the last nail in the coffin. And yes, at one point in the fourth quarter none of our starting linebackers were playing. This game never was Hemphill's to win. End of Discussion!

GO WOLVES !!!!!!!!!

San Augustine was in total control of the game until the last minute when Hemphill scored to make it 70-62. Lets not forget it was 70-35 late in the 3rd quarter. For about 70% of the time the SA defense played very well...just that other 30% of the time where they stopped being disciplined it bit them in the rear. All credit needs to be given to Justin Twine, that kid is when heck of an athlete and one heck of a ball carrier.

Its clearly been stated that Hemphill had no defense but I believe SA was supposed to have this GREAT defense!! All this speed! Didn't see it lol as far as twines they were fastest on the field and as far as calls go SA should have had a lot of offsides and they horse collared one of the twines not to mention they face masked like 3 times!!! I've seen worse from SA though so yea I was actually suprised Hemphill got the calls they did get. SA got the win but y'all don't get big headed thinkin y'all will win state!

San Augustine scored on their first 9 possessions bud. Hemphill was so worried about the score that they completely abandoned their no huddle offense with 6 mins left in the 2nd quarter. They knew they had to slow the game down or SA would have scored 70 by halftime.

And yes the SA boys were drained from chasing Twine. As i said previously that kid is one heck of an athlete. However if you were there you would also admit that SA did a good job of controlling the running game for a large portion of the game. Hemphill's offense came largely from busted pass plays until Twine busted those two big runs in the last 4 minutes.

Haha...man if you believe that and it helps you sleep better at night!!! Y'all had your starters in and y'all thought the twines weren't enough to win but it was just a lack of defense!! But we will see how far y'all go In playoffs! Im thinking corrigan will go further.

You keep thinking what you want to think. SA was up 70-34, if you think they didnt let up you are delusional. What happened 7 seconds after the score got within 8? SA is the best team in the district as indicated by the undefeated record. There really is no debate. All of the teams play each other and the team that no one else can beat is the best team. All teams go through different situations that they manage in each game. The team with the best record is declared champion. The best that Corrigan can hope for is to get to the second round where they will lose to Italy. If they somehow managed to win that game they would get spanked by Arp. SA will have a bye and then get the winner of Centerville/Franklin. SA would be a favorite in that match up.

A lot of big plays twine makes comes from busted plays while passing so what does it mean other than the kid is an outstansing performer on the field which has been consistent all year long...Hemphill got SA with 4th and long a few occasions in which that's all they have needed to pull out a win usually if SA would've turned it over but SA brought out the passing attack to which at many times a wide open receiver clinched a td or 1st down! Point is lack of defense from hemphill won the game for SA but I did not see this so called great defense SA has harped on all year long! Period! Otherwise Hemphill doesn't score as much as they did.

A lot of big plays twine makes comes from busted plays while passing so what does it mean other than the kid is an outstansing performer on the field which has been consistent all year long...Hemphill got SA with 4th and long a few occasions in which that's all they have needed to pull out a win usually if SA would've turned it over but SA brought out the passing attack to which at many times a wide open receiver clinched a td or 1st down! Point is lack of defense from hemphill won the game for SA but I did not see this so called great defense SA has harped on all year long! Period! Otherwise Hemphill doesn't score as much as they did.

Maybe you only allowed you to watch certain parts of the game...