Class 3A Playoff Pairings

Panther89

We had our best team in school history last year. Lovejoy moving up to 4A offers a beam of hope, but it will take time to rebuild back to that state-contender level. Our girls are usually multi-sport athletes and can't concentrate on one sport.

I enjoy top-notch volleyball, but it's not a popular spectator attraction in Texas except in a few hot spots. Even if Paris were to make the regional tournament, there'd be just a few close friends and family in attendance (due to football playoffs that night). In fact, that may be the one thing we have in common with LJ. I noticed a small LJ turnout at last year's regional semi in Commerce when there was a football conflict that night. What LJ is on the verge of doing is phenomenal, but it won't get much notice outside the volleyball community.

Lovejoy fans don't turn out in force until the championship game. We have been fortunate enough to make playoff runs in football. A lot of fans leave the football game and head straight to San Marcus and others get an early morning start. I'm torn myself. If Lovejoy gets past the first round of the football playoffs and the Volleyball team makes the SC game my family and I will have to make a choice of

a) Go the the Friday night football game then cannon ball run it in the middle of the night to San Marcus

b) Go the the Friday night football game then get a few hours shut eye before driving down in traffic

c) Skip the football and go straight to San Marcus (Friday night or Saturday Morning)

d) Skip the Volleyball game and only go to the football

I of course would like to see Lovejoy still playing Volleyball and Football at that point and can live without a few hours sleep. I hate missing football games, especially in the playoffs, but I'm leaning toward the Volleyball game just because of the historical context of 4 in a row.

It would be great to see a Region II sweep of all sports.

If Paris beats Spring Hill and makes it to regionals I may try to make both vball and fball if we're the early (6 p.m.) match; otherwise, I'll miss it. Hate having to make a choice like that. The girls deserve better.

Regional semis could see a very sparse crowd with all the schools involved in football playoffs this year.

Spring Hill beats Paris, 3-1, to return to regional tournament Friday in Commerce. Lady Panthers play winner of Whitesboro-Prosper at 6 p.m.

Thank you for posting Parisian! Two great teams have made it this far, and I look forward to seeing Paris back again next year!

It will be Spring Hill vs. Prosper followed by North Lamar vs. Lovejoy. Travel safely everyone.

Now I'm torn again. Perfect football weather in Addison where Lovejoy takes on (insert interchangeable DISD school here). Last I heard it was Dallas Madison, but they might have to do another re-count.

Or

Run up to Commerce for the 8 pm volleyball game. No way to do both.

Now I'm torn again. Perfect football weather in Addison where Lovejoy takes on (insert interchangeable DISD school here). Last I heard it was Dallas Madison, but they might have to do another re-count.

Or

Run up to Commerce for the 8 pm volleyball game. No way to do both.

I understand completely. I'm somewhat relieved I won't have to make the choice. At least you have the option of watching football on Friday, then catching the vball final on Saturday. North Lamar has had a nice run, but they'll be a quick kill Friday. There's nothing that compares to a football playoff game for community impact.

I understand completely. I'm somewhat relieved I won't have to make the choice. At least you have the option of watching football on Friday, then catching the vball final on Saturday. North Lamar has had a nice run, but they'll be a quick kill Friday. There's nothing that compares to a football playoff game for community impact.

Well my kids decided for me. Two of them have a performance Friday night in Plano. Looks like as soon as it is over I will sneak down to Addison for the end of the football game.

I would go to Commerce on Saturday but they have a performance Saturday night.

got a text that said SH lost in 3.............now Prosper can get beat by Lovejoy again...maybe next year SH will be in a different region

Guess you called that one. Prosper went down to Lovejoy in 3. Hey, at least Prosper got to 19 one game. That's the most anyone has scored on Lovejoy in the post season.

Now it's off to San Marcus to face Sinton. So far Sinton has lost one game in the post-season. Should be a great match.