A little excessive?

rickybobby81

Case Keenum threw for 9 touchdowns against Rice last night in a 73-34 blowout. My question is why do you run the risk of playing your starting quarterback in a well decided ball game? Is it just for records? I know when LaMichael James was injured for Oregon, the Ducks had the game wrapped up. Keenum doesn't need to be out there when you clearly have it in hand and since he was injured last season.

Case Keenum threw for 9 touchdowns against Rice last night in a 73-34 blowout. My question is why do you run the risk of playing your starting quarterback in a well decided ball game? Is it just for records? I know when LaMichael James was injured for Oregon, the Ducks had the game wrapped up. Keenum doesn't need to be out there when you clearly have it in hand and since he was injured last season.

I totally agree. I think he stayed in there solely for the records but like you said he should have never been in the game that late. Just think about how the Rice players and fans felt after the game. If it was me I would be #### they ran it up like they did but it is JMO.

u can get hurt in the 1st just as well as the 4th.....but these guys are trying to make it to the NFL........get ur stats up!

Great post...it's all about stats to the NFL guys, that's why Texas Tech QB's get drafted in the top 10 year in and year out....

u can get hurt in the 1st just as well as the 4th.....but these guys are trying to make it to the NFL........get ur stats up!

Use a little common sense vonerick. The more minutes a player playes, the higher the probability of an injury. Houston certainly showed a lack of class running up the score. It would be different if they were scoring by running the football, but they continued their airshow. Luckily, Rice does have some class. Plenty of teams would have gladly taken a few 15 yard late hit penalties on Keenum with the game out of hand.

Great post...it's all about stats to the NFL guys, that's why Texas Tech QB's get drafted in the top 10 year in and year out....

Texas Tech's Graham Harrell wasn't drafted by any team in the NFL in 2009 and played in Canada. What other Texas Tech quarterbacks were drafted in the top ten?

Case has to up his draft prospective, and show his injury last year hasn't carried over to this year. This was for the Bayou Bucket, so it was the Cougars way of showing that they were far superior. I remember when Andre Ware lit up SMU for 1021 yards and 95 points. He was the #7 pick in the 1989 draft. I didn't complain about getting whipped then. I don't see what the big deal is now, expect "some" people don't want to keep score in football games.

I think you failed to catch the sarcasm in that post.

Your right. I should have known that when I researched it and found no one from Texas Tech that fit that criteria. I guess with some of the posts that I've seen recently I thought someone could actually just be that wrong about their facts LOL

He was drafted in the 6th round.

David Klingler was drafted in the 1st round with the 6th pick after a stellar College career at the U of H, however. To sort of make this topic make sense. I know Cleats brought Tech into the mix, but the Cougars had some great gunslingers. If we're going to go on this tangent, I remember a kid playing for a Semi-Pro team called the Houston Gamblers that went to the NFL and took a team to 4 straight Super Bowls.

David Klingler was drafted in the 1st round with the 6th pick after a stellar College career at the U of H, however. To sort of make this topic make sense. I know Cleats brought Tech into the mix, but the Cougars had some great gunslingers. If we're going to go on this tangent, I remember a kid playing for a Semi-Pro team called the Houston Gamblers that went to the NFL and took a team to 4 straight Super Bowls.

And lost...

And lost...

Exactly, so putting up "Great Stats" maybe great for people's fantasy football teams and awards, but they don't win Championships. The goal of any team is a Championship, if it's for personal awards/rewards, it means nothing. Jim Kelly maybe in the NFL HOF, but he doesn't possess what every player that has ever stepped onto a football field wants and it's a Super Bowl ring.

Texas Tech's Graham Harrell wasn't drafted by any team in the NFL in 2009 and played in Canada. What other Texas Tech quarterbacks were drafted in the top ten?

Check the depth chart of the Packers...

QB's

Aaron Rodgers

Matt Flynn

Graham Harrell

FYI Graham is making money, is engaged and has himself a super bowl ring.