CKT vs Malakoff

SHSUgrad

You guys need to go back to class and learn sentence construction and grammar. Kerens the Goliath??? Lololol!!! They are a very average 1A team, you should be beating them. Good grief, wait till you actually beat somebody before you start all that crowing. The fact is Malakoff is an average 2A team that will get beat in the first or second round again. Your district was weaker than most expected this year and you don't even come close to playing with the top 2A teams in East Tx. Now go back to class before the teacher catches you on Smoaky!! Lololol!!

I think I agree.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh darn, I didn't realize this was a private thread!! I am so, so sorry!! But since I am already here, I think I will go ahead and make a comment. If you are going to call someone a "meathead" you might want to make sure you at least spell the small words correctly!!! Or try to act like have been on a "public" forum before...at any rate...Malakoff will lose by 14 or more and then get their arses handed to them in the playoffs but hey, you guys will probably win a couple of fights along the way!!! Lololol!!!

I hope they dont fight crockett. I dont think they will win that battle.

I hope they dont fight crockett. I dont think they will win that battle.

There is no bad blood between Crockett and Malakoff they played a clean hard fought game last year and I expect the same this year. I will say my final thought on this game. Before coach Driskell came to Malakoff, Malakoffs record the proir two years was 1~19 the last three years with him Malakoff is 25~6 with a district title and 3 straight playoff appearances. He has done a great job. We can all speculate about what's gonna happen Friday night. One thing I can tell you is Malakoff will leave it all on the field, they will not play intimidated, and they will pour their heart out. I guarantee you they will battle you all night long, they have heart and they believe in themselves so a bunch of old player and old man opinions really don't matter, I promise you they are going to battle all night. Great job coach Driskell for turning us around and great job Tigers for playing in your third straight district championship.

Your wisecracks Tigertown are as good as your predictions on the Teague - Malakoff game

What he was saying was that Kerens who was a perenial good team that usually went 2-3 rounds deep from 1992-2009 in 2a had the Tigers number for many years in a row

Then in 2009 when Driskell got here things changed and the program he has built says alot for him and his staff

In 2009 when the Tigers played Kerens it was win and be dist champs or lose and be 7-3 and at the house

With that on the line and a 16 year losing streak to the Bobcats also going against the Tigers. It was a rather large win for the program that night.

That 2009 team had the best pure athletes on it of the 3 teams Driskell has had here

3rd year in a row they play week 10 with District Title on the Line

I did not see where teamoverself said anything about being one of the best in East Texas

We all know that this area is loaded with some dynamite teams in 2a

As far as average I guess thats all in the eye of the beholder

I know alot of schools that would have liked to be 26-5 over the last 3 years and in the playoffs for the 3rd year in arow

Lol it's so obvious when kids get on here. Listen teamoverself, that's a cute t shirt slogan, but u are mistaken. I can tell u have been drinking the Kool-aid That's good. I want this team to do well. Relax, go back and read my post and u will see my support for the current team and for Driskell. I want the tigers to win Friday. And btw kerens, was never a Goliath. U will know Goliath when he hits u so hard that the trainer takes ur helmet away at halftime. Bottom-line , this is the maturity I'm talking about. Stop worrying about what I say on smoky. Stop cruising the website looking for praise and go watch some game film, big game In 31 hrs. Btw, ur over reaction prooved my point. Nonetheless good luck. Ill be sitting in the stands cheering the tigers on.

Lol it's so obvious when kids get on here. Listen teamoverself, that's a cute t shirt slogan, but u are mistaken. I can tell u have been drinking the Koop-aid. That's good. I want this team to do well. Relax, go back and read my post and u will see my support for the current team and for Driskell. I want the tigers to win Friday. And btw kerens, was never a Goliath. U will know Goliath when he hits u so hard that the trainer takes ur helmet away at halftime. Bottom-line , this is the maturity I'm talking about. Stop worrying about what I say on smoky. Stop cruising the website looking for praise and go watch some game film, big game In 31 hrs. Btw, ur over reaction prooved my point. Nonetheless good luck. Ill be sitting in the stands cheering the tigers on.

If its close, I gotta give nodd to Malakoff. Garcia is just too good a kicker. Think ckt kid is just back from surgery. Couldn't even "pooch" vs Teague.

Lol it's so obvious when kids get on here. Listen teamoverself, that's a cute t shirt slogan, but u are mistaken. I can tell u have been drinking the Kool-aid That's good. I want this team to do well. Relax, go back and read my post and u will see my support for the current team and for Driskell. I want the tigers to win Friday. And btw kerens, was never a Goliath. U will know Goliath when he hits u so hard that the trainer takes ur helmet away at halftime. Bottom-line , this is the maturity I'm talking about. Stop worrying about what I say on smoky. Stop cruising the website looking for praise and go watch some game film, big game In 31 hrs. Btw, ur over reaction prooved my point. Nonetheless good luck. Ill be sitting in the stands cheering the tigers on.

I wish I could suit up Friday night and play with the Tigers, but I assure you I'm a grown man and if you'd like to meet at the concession stand Friday night I will glad to buy you a coke. I didn't go to school in Malakoff but I've met a lot of old timers with your attitude. Either support the tigers 100 percent or don't support them at all. Maybe your the kid be glad to buy you a coke heck I probable know you.

Kerens was a Goliath to Malakoff for many of years....

Kerens was a Goliath to Malakoff for many of years....

Sure were but not anymore first step in growing a good program, we are headed in the right direction, I believe in our kids, Malakoff wins Friday night and claims the district title over a very good Crockett team.Go Tigers.

Well, teamoverself, you sure are passionate. Your drinking the Driskell Kool-Aide, thats for sure. I'm glad. Malkoff sports as a whole needs mor passionate fans, for that I thank you. Heck, we might know each other. But, you are getting upset and excited about something that I did not say. I never said anything negative about them, I merely noted that Malakoff is not as mature of a team as Crockett or a possible 1st or 2nd round playoff opponent. In a few more years, due to the new "Driskell era" if you will, they will be ready. So please understand what I am saying. On another note, who decided that you will be the judge of who should and should not be a fan? Really?.....Come on. Being from Malakoff, I know that we need more fans. I stay through the length of every game, I don't leave when it gets boring, and the Kerens and Teague games this year got boring, because Malakoff had them in the bag early on. Please, I beg you, dont go around getting ticked off at every fan, resident, or player of Malakoff that doesn't agree complketely with everything that you feel. I would love to see the program grow. There are few programs at Malakoff that have, or have had the right kind of community support that is essential to a winning program. When John Adair was at Malkoff and was running the baseball program during the Tigers deep, run into the playoffs, that program had support. Go to any of DeArtis Nickerson's basketball games, there is support, when Sorenson was here in the late 90's, there was town support. But I have yet to see a game, other than Homecoming, wheree the stand are full. Even the Kerens game this year, empty seats.... Once again I've been around to see these programs, give it a few more years of winning and it will come together and we can sit together, drinking our "coke" and talk about how close they were in 2011. But they are not there yet. Dont get mad. This is a public thread, you have to read post with an objective mindset, not a over proud bias opinion. I will repeat myself, thank you for your support, Im always happy to meet a fellow fan. Understand I am not some "Hater". I am rooting for the same team that you are. I just have a different opinion, thats is what makes this website different from rivals, we are all allowed our opinions. Once again, thanks for your support.

Well, teamoverself, you sure are passionate. Your drinking the Driskell Kool-Aide, thats for sure. I'm glad. Malkoff sports as a whole needs mor passionate fans, for that I thank you. Heck, we might know each other. But, you are getting upset and excited about something that I did not say. I never said anything negative about them, I merely noted that Malakoff is not as mature of a team as Crockett or a possible 1st or 2nd round playoff opponent. In a few more years, due to the new "Driskell era" if you will, they will be ready. So please understand what I am saying. On another note, who decided that you will be the judge of who should and should not be a fan? Really?.....Come on. Being from Malakoff, I know that we need more fans. I stay through the length of every game, I don't leave when it gets boring, and the Kerens and Teague games this year got boring, because Malakoff had them in the bag early on. Please, I beg you, dont go around getting ticked off at every fan, resident, or player of Malakoff that doesn't agree complketely with everything that you feel. I would love to see the program grow. There are few programs at Malakoff that have, or have had the right kind of community support that is essential to a winning program. When John Adair was at Malkoff and was running the baseball program during the Tigers deep, run into the playoffs, that program had support. Go to any of DeArtis Nickerson's basketball games, there is support, when Sorenson was here in the late 90's, there was town support. But I have yet to see a game, other than Homecoming, wheree the stand are full. Even the Kerens game this year, empty seats.... Once again I've been around to see these programs, give it a few more years of winning and it will come together and we can sit together, drinking our "coke" and talk about how close they were in 2011. But they are not there yet. Dont get mad. This is a public thread, you have to read post with an objective mindset, not a over proud bias opinion. I will repeat myself, thank you for your support, Im always happy to meet a fellow fan. Understand I am not some "Hater". I am rooting for the same team that you are. I just have a different opinion, thats is what makes this website different from rivals, we are all allowed our opinions. Once again, thanks for your support.

I'm not upset just stating my opinion, you do realize players read these threads they need encouagement not talk about not being mature. I think they are ready to take the next step. People on this blog picked Troup to beat them by 14, didn't happen, and then there was no way they could play with Teague, they did and dominated, they've heard you can't all year and yet they have I would say when a team believes in themselves and not outside opinions and negative thoughts that's a sign of maturity. Realize all the old Malakoff teams you listed fall short of the last three teams Driskell has had. We are in the best three year period in Malakoff history, they have scored more points than anytime in hisztory, and have made the playoff more consecutive times than anytime in history, so the teams you listed fall short when compared to the new era. I believe in these Tigers and I think they get the win. Best wishes to you but I believe and have faith in these Tigers not some team in the past.

I'm not upset just stating my opinion, you do realize players read these threads they need encouagement not talk about not being mature. I think they are ready to take the next step. People on this blog picked Troup to beat them by 14, didn't happen, and then there was no way they could play with Teague, they did and dominated, they've heard you can't all year and yet they have I would say when a team believes in themselves and not outside opinions and negative thoughts that's a sign of maturity. Realize all the old Malakoff teams you listed fall short of the last three teams Driskell has had. We are in the best three year period in Malakoff history, they have scored more points than anytime in hisztory, and have made the playoff more consecutive times than anytime in history, so the teams you listed fall short when compared to the new era. I believe in these Tigers and I think they get the win. Best wishes to you but I believe and have faith in these Tigers not some team in the past.

I think they will start getting more respect when they don't get hammered in the first round by a 4-6 team. I think Driskell has done a pretty good job, but I also think he came at the right time when they had a pretty good run of kids and they were put in an average 2a district (with the exception of crocket). I don't think he has been good enough to put him up there with ol Vince or "The Bear" like some around that town seem to act like. Some of those teams in the 90's were just as good if not better than what you are seeing now. I will say this, if they win tonight they will start earning mine and a lot of other peoples respect around the area. Good luck, hope it is a good one.

Started this thread to see who everyone thought would win the game. Looks more like people in Malakoff are discussing their team among themselves.

About the game, think will be a hard fought game, but see CKT pulling it out in the 2nd half. Coach Driskell has done a great job there! Learned it all from Crockett and that does scare me some.

Good luck to both teams! They will both represent the district wonderfully!

Started this thread to see who everyone thought would win the game. Looks more like people in Malakoff are discussing their team among themselves.

About the game, think will be a hard fought game, but see CKT pulling it out in the 2nd half. Coach Driskell has done a great job there! Learned it all from Crockett and that does scare me some.

Good luck to both teams! They will both represent the district wonderfully!

Sounds like you started the thread just to see everyone pick Crockett in the win. Everyone knows who is picked to win this game, but I'd be worried about Malakoff. They play with a type of sneakiness where you look at the scoreboard and they're up 14. I think Crockett might have the athleticism advantage tonight, but will their athleticism carry them to victory? Usually does during the regular season, but once Crockett runs into a good team in the playoffs, it's usually over...

Sounds like you started the thread just to see everyone pick Crockett in the win. Everyone knows who is picked to win this game, but I'd be worried about Malakoff. They play with a type of sneakiness where you look at the scoreboard and they're up 14. I think Crockett might have the athleticism advantage tonight, but will their athleticism carry them to victory? Usually does during the regular season, but once Crockett runs into a good team in the playoffs, it's usually over...

Better listen to Rubberhammer, he's right. Malakoff is very sneaky, like when they let Elkhart score that sneaky 18 on them in the first half. Be smart, pick the sneakers.

Crockett is the team to beat until someone beats them. I'm pretty sure the Malakoff kids believe they can be that team. The wild card here is that Malakoff is coached by former Crockett QB Jamie Driskell. Jamie literally grew up on the football field in Crockett. I guarantee you he has pulled out all the stops to prepare for this game. Crockett will have to bring its A game to win it. I do think Crockett has the better athletes, but I recall another Driskell (Jamie's Dad) who used to take Crockett athletes who were NOT as good as many opponents and win ballgames they weren't supposed to.

Looking forward to the actual game. Glad it will be played between the kids instead of decided by the online posters. LOL. Some of y'all just try to analyze everything and everyone to death. Congrats to both teams on a great season so far, and best of luck in the playoffs. Hope both teams play up to their potential tonight and if they do, we will see a great game.

I think they will start getting more respect when they don't get hammered in the first round by a 4-6 team. I think Driskell has done a pretty good job, but I also think he came at the right time when they had a pretty good run of kids and they were put in an average 2a district (with the exception of crocket). I don't think he has been good enough to put him up there with ol Vince or "The Bear" like some around that town seem to act like. Some of those teams in the 90's were just as good if not better than what you are seeing now. I will say this, if they win tonight they will start earning mine and a lot of other peoples respect around the area. Good luck, hope it is a good one.

Dirtysteve and Oldtrenchman I'm ashamed y'all are so called Malakoff fans. These kids have gone from 1~19 to 25~6 and yet you say they aren't do any respect. They work hard and every week there the team that's undersized yet they win and you say they aren't do any respect. They have beat teams that were bigger, faster, and the schools had more players. I saw these kids put more points on Crockett than any team in district last year when crockett had more seniors than we had players, the kids fought to the end. I know how hard these kids work and how far this program has come, I am proud of these Tigers and they have my respect, you are a disgruntaled parent or fan hiding behind a screen name bashing your own team, traitor both of you. The Crockett fans have showed the Tigers more respect than you two have. Crockett is a good team but I guarantee we will play them hard, that earns my respect every week. May both teams play hard and come out healthy, go Tigers.

Nope, justed wanted to know what everyone really thought. Yes I back Crockett just like you back Malakoff, nothing wrong with that. Just wanted to know what each one thought about the GAME as a whole...thats it...I pull for Jamie all year long until this game....

Nope, justed wanted to know what everyone really thought. Yes I back Crockett just like you back Malakoff, nothing wrong with that. Just wanted to know what each one thought about the GAME as a whole...thats it...I pull for Jamie all year long until this game....

I'm not backing Malakoff. Just for clarification...

You don't know squat, Malakoff doesn't have any discipline issues what a bunch of garbage. You are ignorant of the situation. You must be from one of the schools Malakoff has kicked this year.

Malakoff has no chance sorry but all they have is cam and the only chance he has is scrambling because the secondary is locked down this week.......let's see if they have an answer for # 28 # 6 # 5 and the 300 plus line.....smh

If its close, I gotta give nodd to Malakoff. Garcia is just too good a kicker. Think ckt kid is just back from surgery. Couldn't even "pooch" vs Teague.

Hmmm that Garcia kid is pretty decent but has nothing on ckt kicker who warms up at 35 yards and who sprained his ankle at Teague.......pretty sad when he can still kick 40 yarders with is LEFT leg

Wow I love the conversation on this topic and the enthusiasm but people saying that it's going to be within 2 scores are out of your mind......this Is going to be just another game I'm sorry for Malakoff and there seniors having Crockett for their senior night but who ever wins will win by 15 or more I still have to say ckt has it but Malakoff good luck in the playoffs let's represent district 11!! Good luck tonight to both teams

Driskell has turned a corner for the Malakoff program. Malakoff has an exceptional coaching staff in place that makes a tremendous difference. This senior class started their career at Malakoff 1-10 in their first eleven games in junior high. So, kudos to those young men for working hard and continuing to improve. The junior class barely had enough to field a team in junior high but won many games down there. No matter what happens tonight I say way to go to the class of 2012! As far as the 1-19 talk, the class of 2010 in my opinion was a good group of athletes that just needed a change.