Winnsboro vs Melissa

tappy

Who Wins  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win Dist 7 Div 1 2A

Not worth the trouble...............

I hear you...BRFemale is a Bid Red Pain. I think she argues and tries to provoke people to keep this thread at the top of the board! She doesn't even live in Winnsboro, or represent the general population there.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From everything I have read it seems as though just about everyone is writing Winnsboro off for this District Title Showdown. I have not seen Winnsboro play this year, but it seems as though they have improved immensely from the beginning of the year and are playing their best football right now. Although, I have seen Melissa play this year and it was their only loss of the year when they played Gunter. Melissa had the better players and had much more talent, but Gunters defense kept them out of sync all night long with different looks and zone schemes which led to 7 turnovers for Melissa. Gunter also knocked the living #### out of Melissa's ball carriers which led to their starting RB going out of the game early in the 2nd half as you could tell he hadnt been hit like that all year. The offense of Gunter also did a great job of being balanced as Melissa looked out of position all night from the LB's to the secondary. I feel as though Winnsboro's best defense will be their offense as they need to chew up clock and keep Melissa's potent offense off the field or it could be a long night for Winnsboro. With Winnsboro's style of offense I believe they can do a good job of grinding Melissa's defense down, but in the end I feel Melissa's talent prevails in a closer game than the supposed experts on here believe.

Melissa 41

Winny 27

From everything I have read it seems as though just about everyone is writing Winnsboro off for this District Title Showdown. I have not seen Winnsboro play this year, but it seems as though they have improved immensely from the beginning of the year and are playing their best football right now. Although, I have seen Melissa play this year and it was their only loss of the year when they played Gunter. Melissa had the better players and had much more talent, but Gunters defense kept them out of sync all night long with different looks and zone schemes which led to 7 turnovers for Melissa. Gunter also knocked the living #### out of Melissa's ball carriers which led to their starting RB going out of the game early in the 2nd half as you could tell he hadnt been hit like that all year. The offense of Gunter also did a great job of being balanced as Melissa looked out of position all night from the LB's to the secondary. I feel as though Winnsboro's best defense will be their offense as they need to chew up clock and keep Melissa's potent offense off the field or it could be a long night for Winnsboro. With Winnsboro's style of offense I believe they can do a good job of grinding Melissa's defense down, but in the end I feel Melissa's talent prevails in a closer game than the supposed experts on here believe.

Melissa 41

Winny 27

So I guess if you make predictions or give your views on here you ae a "supposed expert"? lol Then you go off and give your view of the game and your prediction of the score.

I agree with most of what you have said here. I have seen Winnsboro play, and although their record has improved, they are not on the same level as a Melissa, DF, NB, GV etc. teams. Nothing against Winnsboro BRF, they have had a good season. Gunter did put it to Melissa, played them hard and beat them. But Winnsboro can't pass like Gunter and they don't have the running game of Gunter. I agree with you in that Winnsboro only chance is to hold the ball. But I can't see Winny scoring 27 points.

I hear you...BRFemale is a Bid Red Pain. I think she argues and tries to provoke people to keep this thread at the top of the board! She doesn't even live in Winnsboro, or represent the general population there.

[/quote

Not worth the trouble on this end either. Yal are going to think what you want to think. If I do not represent the general population of Winnsboro why did a board member come up to me at a funeral recently and ask if "I had a girls basketball schedule?" I received one by email the very next day. Most people who count knows where my heart is. There are only a handful of people from Winnsboro that even knows this board exists.

It is people like Dave c, tapppy, qdogs5a, and last but cetainly not least pops who do not what they are Talking about when it comes to Winnsboro and me.

I have several friends in WINNSBORO who know that I am on this board and if they wanted to be quit posting they would do so. Lighten up folks this is just in fun. If you would meet me in person you would be surprised how meek I really am.

Melissa 41

Winny 27

Although I may not agree with all that was said, he stated his reasons why he thinks Melissa will win. He did not attack any one or run posters from Winnsboro down. Lesssons can be learned from this post. Post like this is what this board was intended to accomplish not the attack mode.

This is the kind of post I l

Although I may not agree with all that was said, he stated his reasons why he thinks Melissa will win. He did not attack any one or run posters from Winnsboro down. Lesssons can be learned from this post. Post like this is what this board was intended to accomplish not the attack mode.

This is the kind of post I l

BRF, I agree his post was very well done. However, if you notice in the second sentence where he said that he had not seen Winnsboro play. He might have a different opinion if he had seen them play. If you look at Winnsboro record and scores, yea it is impressive. But if you look at who they have played then it is a different story.

Not worth the trouble on this end either. Yal are going to think what you want to think. If I do not represent the general population of Winnsboro why did a board member come up to me at a funeral recently and ask if "I had a girls basketball schedule?" I received one by email the very next day. Most people who count knows where my heart is. There are only a handful of people from Winnsboro that even knows this board exists.

It is people like Dave c, tapppy, qdogs5a, and last but cetainly not least pops who do not what they are Talking about when it comes to Winnsboro and me.

I have several friends in WINNSBORO who know that I am on this board and if they wanted to be quit posting they would do so. Lighten up folks this is just in fun. If you would meet me in person you would be surprised how meek I really am.

I get pm's from Winny fans that do not support your thinking.......... your best option to support Winnyboro is..........shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I get pm's from Winny fans that do not support your thinking.......... your best option to support Winnyboro is..........shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

How can you do that when there are only a handful of Winnsboro fans on here?

If that were true they would be sending me the same pm's.

You just do not know when to shut up? Wish you knew what I know then you might be on to something.

So I guess if you make predictions or give your views on here you ae a "supposed expert"? lol Then you go off and give your view of the game and your prediction of the score.

I agree with most of what you have said here. I have seen Winnsboro play, and although their record has improved, they are not on the same level as a Melissa, DF, NB, GV etc. teams. Nothing against Winnsboro BRF, they have had a good season. Gunter did put it to Melissa, played them hard and beat them. But Winnsboro can't pass like Gunter and they don't have the running game of Gunter. I agree with you in that Winnsboro only chance is to hold the ball. But I can't see Winny scoring 27 points.

When HAVE I ever said that we were on the same level as the teams that you mentioned? I unlike you are not 100% anti Winnsboro. I know that we are up against it but stranger things have happened. I got an email from a Winnsboro backer who agrees with me that we stand a good chance to win if certain things happen. Unlike you,PEOPLE see that Winnsboro is not out of the game even before it is played.

IF MEMORY serves me correctly, I started a thread before the seaon even started that I saw Winnsboro losing 4 games and one of thoose games was the one coming up Friday night. At the time, I had not seen Winnsboro play and the improvement that they have made.

If it will make certain people happy I will say that Winnsboro does not stand a chance and that the score will be:

MELISSA AS MUCH AS THEY WANT

Winnsboro 0 and that they should not even get off the bus and do not practice the rest of the week. Not!!!!

I am backing them to the end whether they win or lose.

You just do not know when to shut up? Wish you knew what I know then you might be on to something.

Tell us what you know.

BRF, I agree his post was very well done. However, if you notice in the second sentence where he said that he had not seen Winnsboro play. He might have a different opinion if he had seen them play. If you look at Winnsboro record and scores, yea it is impressive. But if you look at who they have played then it is a different story.

Same thing could be said of Melissa. Who have they played? The game that could have told a complete story of Melissa was never played. No matter the circumstances. That game could have told who was the stronger team Melissa or Celina. We will never know. I consider the Garrsion game as playing some one since they have been ranked #2 in Smoaky's poll and has yet to be determined how far they will go in the playoffs. IT IS NOT OUR fault that some teams worth their salt will not play us. I would love to play some strong teams but it is not in the cards. It takes two coaches agreeing to play one another. I do not hear any of the real contenders wanting to play Winnsboro. I am sure that they would want a for sure victory on their records. Not!!

You have access to my inbox????

Why would people (more then 1) send you the same message, they sent me....when it's about you?????

I wouldn't want to know any of the silly babble you hear in your head..........that's just creepy!!!!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! It's your best defense!!!

hot13--feat-prf-1175889062.jpg

Same thing could be said of Melissa. Who have they played? The game that could have told a complete story of Melissa was never played. No matter the circumstances. That game could have told who was the stronger team Melissa or Celina. We will never know. I consider the Garrsion game as playing some one since they have been ranked #2 in Smoaky's poll and has yet to be determined how far they will go in the playoffs. IT IS NOT OUR fault that some teams worth their salt will not play us. I would love to play some strong teams but it is not in the cards. It takes two coaches agreeing to play one another. I do not hear any of the real contenders wanting to play Winnsboro. I am sure that they would want a for sure victory on their records. Not!!

Garrison is 1A...

You have access to my inbox????

Why would someone send you the same message, they sent me....about you?????

I wouldn't want to know any of the silly babble you hear in your head..........that's just creepy!!!!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! It's your best defense!!!

hot13--feat-prf-1175889062.jpg

I am not going to explain myself because you as always would twist what I say to your benefit. Who are you to tell me to shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Are you a moderator? If you have noticed this is all in fun and not to be taken seriously. I like to debate.

I would love to play some strong teams but it is not in the cards. It takes two coaches agreeing to play one another. I do not hear any of the real contenders wanting to play Winnsboro. I am sure that they would want a for sure victory on their records. Not!!

Are you telling us you can prove that teams that are contenders year in and year out....say like DField.....are afraid to schedule Whinnyboro because they are scared????

41797_185005673132_2698813_n.jpg

It does not matter 1a or 5a they still are a football team. The stigma of the a's need to be done away with. They are still a team no matter the size. Talent is talent no matter the size of the school. ARE YOU SAYING THAT IN ORDER TO COMPETE A TEAM HAS TO BE 2A OR ABOVE?