Who Wins  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win Dist 7 Div 1 2A

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No... the rule states:

When receiving an athletic scholarship to a college and to become professional you must attend a school that is 3A - 6A

I bet that rule really irks 7A school kids from Arkansas......

Are you telling us you can prove that teams that are contenders year in and year out....say like DField.....are afraid to schedule Whinnyboro because they are scared????

41797_185005673132_2698813_n.jpg

No what I am saying is they have bigger fish to fry. They believe that they would not be challenged enough. Winnsboro can only get certain teams. I also think that some of the blame lies with the coach in Winnsboro. He schedule teams that he believes that the boys stand a good chance of competing with. The playoff game with Daingerfield or whomever out 8 2a will be a good measuring stick as to how far this program has come or how much work is still to be done. We will see next week assuming that Melissa beats WHINNYBORO as you say.

There you go twisting my words again.

It does not matter 1a or 5a they still are a football team. The stigma of the a's need to be done away with. They are still a team no matter the size. Talent is talent no matter the size of the school. ARE YOU SAYING THAT IN ORDER TO COMPETE A TEAM HAS TO BE 2A OR ABOVE?

What are you talking about? Are you serious or is this a big joke that I fell for?

I bet that rule really irks 7A school kids from Arkansas......

Yeah....just got word that with A classicfications going up so often they just changed it being a minimum of being a 3A school and also private school athletes are no longer allowed to become professional or receive athletic scholarships.

My thoughts are with those being affected by this new rule.

Yeah....just got word that with A classicfications going up so often they just changed it being a minimum of being a 3A school and also private school athletes are no longer allowed to become professional or receive athletic scholarships.

My thoughts are with those being affected by this new rule.

I don't know who you're trying to make fun of, but that's not the debate. Even if you are joking, there's no relevance here...

Garrison will beat some 2A's, yes. They will not suit up a state title contending team every year like some of the best 2A's though. Isn't Winnsboro trying to play those type of teams? Garrison will be Garrison in 1A, where their numbers allow them to contend.

Winnsboro will schedule whoever calls them. The calls from the powerhouses do not come. I do not know why, in the past they could have been guaranteed a win. NB,Daingerfield, and others over the year will only play Winnsboro when they have to because of the Uil PUTS them IN THE SAME district.There is a problem there and I do not know exactly which end has the problem.

Until we play such teams, we will also be looked down upon and made fun of by the majority of the people. You can not be the best until you play the best.

I wish that some of the 8 2a posters would explain why they have choosen to ignore a team no more than a hour away from them.

I am not going to put a dog in the current hunt about schedules and such. My opinions on this subject were expressed a few weeks back on another thread. Going back a page or two about Winnsboro fans supporting their team and believing in them to win. This is a HUGE problem throughout society now days. People really do think they can do anything and they are told that they can do anything. What they fail to realize is that some things are simply not possible. Some things are possible, but the amount of work, preparation, and sacrifice needed to make this idea a realization is not worth victory. Some people need to get real. I do however, believe in this team. They have accomplished more than anyone, including me, thought they would. I am a realist person. I will NOT say that they will beat a team just to make them feel better. I don't think Winnsboro will win this game. I believe that they can win this game. I give my Honest opinions on how I feel the game will go. As I stated in my earlier post, I hope that I am wrong with my pick and prediction. I have been many times before. I am also man enough to admit when I am wrong.

I am going to say it one more time like I did before the season started. Winnsboro will lose this week and next week also and finish with a record of 7-4. Not bad for what was predicted at the beginning of the year.

Now is every one satisified. I have stopped drinking the red and black kool aid. Now on to girls basketball next week. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I am going to say it one more time like I did before the season started. Winnsboro will lose this week and next week also and finish with a record of 7-4. Not bad for what was predicted at the beginning of the year.

Now is every one satisified. I have stopped drinking the red and black kool aid. Now on to girls basketball next week. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Winny's girls will be lucky to get out of district.

Winny's girls will be lucky to get out of district.

Only time will tell. Like the boys they have basically the same team as last year and they, the girls, just came up one game short of their fourth state title.

I really put alot of stock in what you say. Now to your expertise: Who is going to challenge them?

Only time will tell. Like the boys they have basically the same team as last year and they, the girls, just came up one game short of their fourth state title.

I really put alot of stock in what you say. Now to your expertise: Who is going to challenge them?

BRF - That was a joke.

I thought it was a thread about 2 kickers from Crockett and Malakoff

Funny!!

But yeah which kickers IS better?? BRF you like the Crockett guy or the one from Malakoff.........I'm not pickin until you pick..........then I'm going opposite!!!!